Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The vegged up 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

/subscribes to thread

I'm not a veggie - I'd like to be but to be perfectly honest, I just like the taste of meat too much. I do try and restrict my meat intake though and we have veggie meals every second night, I'm always looking for nice veggie recipes!

Do any of you guys make homemade veggie burgers? Would love a good recipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

watna wrote: »

There's a thread about veggie burgers here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055341890

They are a tricky one though! I can't remember ever successfully making veggie burgers :o Must try harder!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Egg fried rice with spring rolls.
    Easy, quick and yummy indeed.

watna wrote: »
    /subscribes to thread

I'm not a veggie - I'd like to be but to be perfectly honest, I just like the taste of meat too much. I do try and restrict my meat intake though and we have veggie meals every second night, I'm always looking for nice veggie recipes!

Nice to see you here wattie!
    You can give us vicarious cake thrills!:D

I had cheesy leek pasta yesterday. No idea what I'm gonna have today.....I have some of that Basil flavoured tofu in the fridge....

3972715514_271dbfdf4b.jpg

Sweet Potatoe Soup! It's great. I had a fear of making my own soup for a while but I think I just got over it. It's based on this recipe that I handily came across after buying a bag of sweet potatoes. It's veganised though, olive oil instead of butter. I also omitted the onions and put some cumin and cayenne in there for more spicy-ness :)
    Moonbaby wrote: »
    I have some of that Basil flavoured tofu in the fridge....

Is that the Taifun stuff? I do like it in a sandwich, tis nice.

• Advertisement

That is the stuff alright. I wouldn't have thought to put that in a sammich.
    Soup looks delish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I had quorn chicken pieces/onion/pepper/yoghurt in a tortilla wrap with yoghurt... boring but easy to cook. Tomorrow my (carnivorious!) mum is coming to visit and I'm making her chickpea curry with bombay aloo- she liked it so much the last time she asked me to make it again :) Can't wait, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 LRN

I made a lentil quiche.. very good (and healthy)! Lentils, veggies, cheese, egg.. mmmm..
    The recipe can be found here, if anyone is interested -- it's inexpensive, super easy, and tastes good as leftovers!
    I would recommend squeezing the tomatoes before you throw 'em in, as they increase the 'wetness' factor of the quiche. Would also be good to add another half cup of cheese on top (but then again I could never get enough cheese). I used cheddar and it turned out great.. I also subbed in bell pepper for the broccoli. =)
    It would also be a really filling meal if a crust were added.

Sweet Potatoe Soup! It's great. I had a fear of making my own soup for a while but I think I just got over it. It's based on this recipe that I handily came across after buying a bag of sweet potatoes. It's veganised though, olive oil instead of butter. I also omitted the onions and put some cumin and cayenne in there for more spicy-ness :)

Where did you pick up your sweet potatoes?

Does anyone know if they're available at Dunnes? I haven't seen them.. but considering that I haven't really looked all that hard, it's no surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Denver Red Toenail

Tesco do them, they're super cheap as well :)

• Advertisement

Yep, Tesco's where I got mine. €1.89 or €1.39 depending on which bag you get.
    Not sure if Dunnes have them. I'd say the Terryland branch probably does, Edward Square's veg selection seems a bit hit and miss. Assuming you're looking in Galway that is!
    But definitely make that soup if you pick some up! Best thing that happened to me... all week :P

Excellent, thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

I have 50 sqillion heads of lettuce right now. My garden went beserk when I was away on holiday.

So it will salad till autumn for me I think.

Today was salad with grilled asparagus and halloumi.

Lunch was brie and grilled peaches on rice cakes.

I also found those veggie gummy strawberries Mameoo recommended.
    Dey was good. :)

yeay nom nom nom, i want them now!

mushrooms peas carrots veggie mince and chips. :P

this dish sounds interesting, any sauce?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sometimes I partake of a brown sauce, I must show you it some time, if I ever eat that meal again, unlikely eh :P

Sometimes I partake of a brown sauce, I must show you it some time, if I ever eat that meal again, unlikely eh :P

sounds like a special occasion meal tbh

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

One day somebody will be lucky enought to be cooked it by me, wowee!

maybe if i have a meet up you can make us some :)

eh wowee?? (i worry sometimes :/ )

woweeee, god you enver stop talking :p

*never

iv been away from boards too long, gimme a break!

anyways, last night for dinner i had a cheese roll in a boulangerie in paris :D

• Advertisement

have anything good tonight?

I had mushrooms peas carrots veggie mince and waffles.

mushrooms? thats an odd combo, cant remember what i had tonight.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Thick vegetable stew (carrots, turnip, mushrooms and onions, cooked in vegetable stock with loads of paprika and some bay leaves... mmm) and mashed potatoes.

Had been cold all day, and that dish really warmed me up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Denver Red Toenail

yummy sammich, brown bread, avocado, tomato, onion, cucumber, lettuce, vegan mayo and home-made butter bean spread (butter beans, garlic, olive oil, paprika, lemon juice all whizzed up)

God it was good

3 30 euro platters in a pub. :p

need healthier food !

3 30 euro platters in a pub. :p

need healthier food !

i had PASTA with mixed beans :D

some left in the pot if you want some :P

keep your filthy pasta away from me, whenever I'm not here at dinner time it's always left lurking :p

maameeo wrote: »
    i had PASTA with mixed beans :D

some left in the pot if you want some :P

Your cooking!!! Waitago you! :)

I had a roast beetroot, orange, feta and walnut salad yesterday.

Your cooking!!! Waitago you! :)

I had a roast beetroot, orange, feta and walnut salad yesterday.

kinda! a wee bit better than before anyways! :D

pasta is nom nom tar!!! you must try!!!

had indian last night, saag paneer, yummy!

• Advertisement

Broccoli, Chickpea, Red Pepper and Tofu Quinoa Pilaf.
    Most excellent.
    I was taking a photo but my camera died :(

Advertisement