Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He has a history of doing that they were leaks years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

If PJ Braun said today was Saturday I'd still check my calendar just in case. Must make a change for him having his name in the news and it's nothing to do about drug charges or money laundering.

If the worst things wrestlers are doing these days is sending dick pic's to other adults there is a few old school wrestlers rolling in their graves.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wasn't that how he was caught cheating? I think the rumours were his pics leaked and his girlfriend at the time didn't recognise them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

If someone is sending someone unsolicited dick pics, that’s creepy as **** and the equivalent of an auld lad in a trenchcoat flashing people in a car park.

The picture your man painted makes it sound, whether he knows it or not, like it wasn’t unsolicited. Her reaction isn’t the reaction of someone who’s got sent a nude unexpectedly from a co-worker.

Then again these people just sound like broken messes Jeremy Kyle never got around to having on his show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

NXT UK guys are no longer allowed to appear on any streaming/TV for WWE affiliated European indies. They can work dark matches and that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

CastorTroy wrote: »

Please god no, i cant click into the article for fear of Rick Steiner retiring

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Sad news about Rick retiring. I loved Strike Force back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's the Gillberg equivalent of The Rock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Harley Race has passed away at the age of 76....RIP

https://www.wwe.com/article/wwe-hall-of-famer-harley-race-passes-away

Trevor Murdoch put this up on his facebook page. Well done to Vince for this

"I just wanted to put this out there. Harley needed to be transferred from Atlanta to St.Louis. He needed to take a Med flight because he was in rough shape. Medicare wouldn’t help him. A call was made to WWE and 10 mins later it was paid in full. Vince McMahon never blinked an eye. He wanted to make sure Harley was taken care of.
    Thank you Vince, you gave me 2 more days with Harley.
    #ThankYouWWE
    #EveryoneShouldKnow"

On the other hand:

https://twitter.com/ChristineLRM/status/1157807440634814465

They reluctantly threw out a guy for throwing up a Nazi salute at a live NXT event........ and then let him back in again a few minutes later.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

JBL?

Poor Kayla has been hounded off Twitter by fans,

Bastards every single one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Poor Kayla has been hounded off Twitter by fans,

Bastards every single one of them.
    She’s still on Instagram but some of the ****e wwe superstars get online is ridiculous.

lawlolawl wrote: »
    On the other hand:

https://twitter.com/ChristineLRM/status/1157807440634814465

They reluctantly threw out a guy for throwing up a Nazi salute at a live NXT event........ and then let him back in again a few minutes later.

Soooo WWE are essentially Nazis now?

Never change you hysterical maniac... :pac:

leggo wrote: »
    Soooo WWE are essentially Nazis now?

Never change you hysterical maniac... :pac:

So you're cool with them not actually booting out Nazis even if the performers and the rest of the audience wants them to?

I suppose if you are ok with them taking money directly from a murderous dictatorship then being ok with them letting Nazis into their shows isn't actually a huge leap.

WWE don’t throw people out of events. Do you think Triple H is the one responsible for crowd control when they come to 3Arena like?! :pac:

I don't know the background of all his beef with Goldberg, Jericho, Lance Storm and Booker T but being honest I kinda like him telling all the old fogeys to, more or less, fúck off...

https://twitter.com/superkingofbros/status/1158374974501113861?s=21

Need more guys with his piss and vinegar instead of this...

Screen_Shot_2019-07-23_at_1.05.15_PM.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Wonder what the reaction will be within WWE for name dropping Chris Benoit

• Advertisement

I'm really enjoying Riddle's stuff and hope it goes somewhere.

Having said that, nostalgia is a phase people go in and out of. Currently people are hungry for new stuff, new names etc so that's what is hot and people act like nostalgia is the worst thing ever. But people also loved when they did that stuff at Raw 1000 or Raw 25. Now it's not 'cool', so some act like Raw Reunion was them spitting in the face of wrestling, when essentially it's the exact same type of show that people loved when it was 'cool'. If anything, I found it better than normal because at least the nostalgic names and pairings (e.g. Cena with Rikishi, Santino, Melina etc) were fresh and we hadn't seen in that spot before, whereas in previous years you'd be able to list off who to expect and they'd just show up and do their shtick (e.g. Ron Simmons is going to say "Damn" at some stage).

So it's not like nostalgia is this evil thing. It's perfectly fine and every company uses it (sure AEW are milking Tony Schiavone, Jake Roberts and Tully Blanchard is Shawn Spears' new manager). Riddle is just working and getting over by picking up on the current mood and, like I said, I hope they capitalise on it. Riddle/Goldberg is becoming a WrestleMania-worthy match because of this.

Goldberg should never wrestle again.

To me, it feels like Riddle is trying to get let go. He signed with WWE at exactly the wrong time. Had he waited another few months AEW would definitely have signed him and he would be a huge deal.

Yeah he definitely told Jericho he’d bash him publicly to get in AEW’s good books.

Yeah he definitely told Jericho he’d bash him publicly to get in AEW’s good books.

WWE will be furious with him even mentioning Jericho seeing as he doesn't exist any more.

I wanna live in your brain for an hour, I’d say it’s ****ing wild.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I wanna live in your brain for an hour, I’d say it’s ****ing wild.

It’s easy just pretend to hate WWE but watch every single ****ing move they make and boom that’s his Brain.

Out of curiosity lawlolawl, what is the last WWE thing you enjoyed?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Out of curiosity lawlolawl, what is the last WWE thing you enjoyed?

Beckys run up to Mania this year was really good.

Smackdown goes live in October on FOX and will be preempted in its 3rd week on FOX by the the World Series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Smackdown goes live in October on FOX and will be preempted in its 3rd week on FOX by the the World Series.

Baseball World Series, or Poker?

Advertisement