Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making Use Of Myself

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Mod Note: Two threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Stigura

Got a new toy! :cool:
    P8060414tn.jpg

This 45mm Bad Boy should take the stress out of punching those holes for my starling boxes! " Forstner Bit ". Suggested by the lads on the DIY board.

I've also bought myself a Drill Pillar Stand. Figure, if I'm to spend the rest of my days making the things? Might as well tool up to make them properly and with ease :)

No planks in store, this week. Mentioned to my mate though that I have a couple of dozen boxes, finished and waiting to go out, in my stable. We need to get up and take a look at his farm. Then, I'll take as many as the place will hold. (And my camera! Let me forget my camera and I'll kill myself!)

Still got a little hospital job though. Be tinkering about, tomorrow, as the rain lashes down outside :(

Just an update on this project: I stained it, with my Johnstones 'Natural Oak' ~ just to get rid of that 'This is obviously plywood' look.

Then, with a view to weather proofing it, I got a tin of Yacht Varnish. And here, people, is where I Really want to speak to ye! Use That stuff down the shed. Then, run far away from it!

My god! I used it in my back room. Then, opened the door, twenty four hours later. I could have done with a Respirator!!! :eek: Forty Eight hours and it's Still vile in there. Even with the window wide open. Jeez ....!

That aside though; I looked for a small, cheap pair of hooks and eyes? I thought I'd use them to secure that 'shoe box' lid, in case of the inevitable hurricane.

Couldn't find any. And that proved a bonus. It dawned on me that all I need do is push a screw through either side, so that they just bite into the wood of the actual box :)

No wind will pull that off. And, when am I ever likely to want to lift that lid myself, anyway?

Best of all though? Yesterday, I bit the bullet and went up the ladder to the roof channel where I intend to put this box. The box is eleven inches deep. And I was getting horrible notions about just how wide that channel is! What if it didn't fit?!

Delighted to say, the channel's Sixteen inches! Perfect! :D That means there'll be a five inch gap, between the entrance holes and the gable end wall. Absolutely Made for a little piney bitch to pop through and feel secure as all hell!

So, there we have it then. Just got to wait for that obnoxious varnish to dry hard. Then, I'll be fitting a cellular plastic cover to the roof. Then, it's back up the ladder and install the thing. Anchoring it with wire traces ~ simply because, as said; It's to be placed directly in the face of the prevailing winds. Sideways on to them. But .....

Right now though, I'm waiting for my neighbour to fetch me some fence wire. Today, I've started on yet another project. But, this one'll have to remain between " Open Your Eyes " and me ;)

:cool: Glowing with a manly glow!

Used to exchange notes with a bloke, Mick W. He's a fellow Nest Box Nut. Only, Mad Mick used to make bloody great Barn Owl boxes, out of pallet wood. Then, he'd shove them high up in big trees!

When I asked him how in hell he got a wooden structure the size of a wheel barrow up into a tree, on his own?! He just said: " I just do it. " :eek:

Well, Mick's been my inspiration, today. I'm not one to sit here, reading google all day. Nor was I content to sit around, pouting as I waited for my neighbour to appear and get roped in. I got up off my arse and Just Did It!

P8240415tn.jpg

And, there she is, at last! :D Solid sealed round eyes. They're attached to twisted wire traces. Those are crimped onto special anchoring pins, left over from my rat catching days. They'll Never come out of the concrete.

P8240417tn.jpg

There we have it, so. I decided the lid itself was enough, without any glaringly white plastic. And, she's sat on two batons, wrapped and fixed in DPC plastic. That's one snug and Secure piney box now! It'll out last me, for sure.

Finally, just to put a bit more context on it. Here's a shot from across my front porch roof. Showing how the box is situated far away from any activity. Right next to the wild ground above:

P8240418tn.jpg

Peaceful Pine Martens :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Ok probably not the question you'd expect. Any more info on those pins? You gotta picture of one?

• Advertisement

;) No problemmo. Here's one:

P8240415tn.jpg

Ye drill a four.eight mil. hole. (Hell, I use my 5mm SDS bit!) Tap the (bent) pin in with a hammer. Presto!

Only little snags are that ye Then need the wire trace. The Ferrells to clamp them with. And the special pliers to make that crimp.

Now, obviously, as a professional? I went to my usual suppliers and paid 'Professional' prices! :eek: I'm pretty sure ye could source the wire, ferrells and pliers elsewhere.

The pins themselves? I can show ye them. Not Cheap! But, they do a hell of a job.

Stigura wrote: »
    ;) No problemmo. Here's one:

P8240415tn.jpg

Ye drill a four.eight mil. hole. (Hell, I use my 5mm SDS bit!) Tap the (bent) pin in with a hammer. Presto!

Only little snags are that ye Then need the wire trace. The Ferrells to clamp them with. And the special pliers to make that crimp.

Now, obviously, as a professional? I went to my usual suppliers and paid 'Professional' prices! :eek: I'm pretty sure ye could source the wire, ferrells and pliers elsewhere.

The pins themselves? I can show ye them. Not Cheap! But, they do a hell of a job.

Just happen to already have ferrules and crimping pliers that I use on little projects from time to time. Yes, I'll shop around. See if I can pick some up on the cheap. Cheers!

:D Can ye see what I see ~ Every Day?

P8280415tn.jpg

And, one sweet day, in Spring, I'll be sat there watching a Blackbird or Song Thrush bringing nesting material to it! Who knows? Possibly even a Robin?

It was completely by chance that I put it right there. Then, glanced out one day and thought; " Dear god! Now, I'll be staring at that, every day. I'll probably watch the bird checking it out! "

For it is written! " Blessed is he who gets off his arse, once in a while. Away from Google and actually Doing Something."

Yes, it is! Look!

P8280415tn.jpg
    ;)

Ye thought I'd gone quiet? :cool:

Scheming, people. Always scheming.

{OMG! And, with that, I stood up to take a glimpse at my trap? I noted there were Three baby rats, sneaking out to grab some free grub. Then, as one crept towards it; A chaffinch hopped forward and pecked it on the nose! Sent it scurrying back to the bank! :D God, I love my life!}

Anyway, where was I? Oh, yeah: Scheming. Too busy scheming to check in my book. Thus, I only brought home One plank! I needed two. Cut into 63" lengths.

Such an utter PITA. Because now, look, I'm left stuck with only half my bloody work bench made! :( Look:

P9040416tn.jpg
    Ye get the idea though? My nest box making power tools, all lined up and bolted to the top planks? I'll be able to reach down. Take a door from the under bench. Put a hole in it, using my drill pillar. Then, pop it onto the pile that'll be building up on the other end of that bench! Poetry in ~ the economy of ~ motion!

Angle grinder holder? Chop up the galvy strapping ~ to hang the boxes by ~ like a Boss! :D

Tormenting thing is; My brother seems to delight in sending me emails, 'just mentioning' his latest, top of the range power tool. Rotten swine's just hit me with how he's now got a Ryobi Nail Gun! :eek:

I went from nailing, to drilling and screwing. Because I'm a lobster. Takes me longer ~ and far more stress ~ beating nails in, anything like straight. Literally faster to drill the holes and push screws in with my Stanley " Yankee ".

But, a Nail Gun ....! Wow! I watched a professional coffin maker using one, the other night. I could make a simple jig. Slot the cut planks in it. Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! I'd be knocking out nest boxes like a Ford production plant!!!

Scheming. Scheming. Scheming .....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Love your threads; thank you.

• Advertisement

Winter Is Coming .....

Just stood and watched a 3/4 grown rat, inside my back gate. That's on my property.

Over that gate? There's a two acre field, owned by the people who live further up. It's completely neglected. They keep chickens. Our boundary ditch runs down, beneath that gate. There Will Be Rats!

Now, as ye know; Rats, on the land, don't bother me. I'm practically feeding the ones living outside my front gate. They're safe in their bank. Crossing to my place would be extremely dangerous for them. They're fine. We'll call them " Leitrim Rats ". They live in Leitrim.

Rats coming through my back gate though? That's naughty. They're making themselves " Stiguras Rats ". Stigura draws the line at fifteen foot from his back door! My Dogs live in that area.

Practically finished my work bench now. Topped it off on Wednesday. Been stood at it, busy, each day now. Absolutely loving it! Got a sweet little project underway too. But, that's nothing to do with this thread. Just a spot of general DIY.

However; I have a couple of 9 x 63 x 1" planks left over. I have a couple of old traps left over too. (I gave away 99.9% of my kit, when I retired) And, Glory Be! When I experimentally offered one of these traps up to one of these planks? I looked upon it, and saw that it was good!

Scheming, again.

A man. Alone. With time on his hands. What's he to do ....? No. I mean other than that.

This

P9140419tn.jpg

Has now become the centre of my focused attention!

Hell, yeah! Now scheming like a man possessed!

So much to do! Such great rewards! :cool:

Noel turned up at my gate, this evening :) Let me just introduce ye to Noel:

Picture an absolute parody of a Leitrim Farmer. Muck boots. Flat cap. Tractor drivers waistline. Yep. That's Noel, nailed in one.

But, he's also one of the Best, completely natural, self taught Naturalists I've ever met! He probably doesn't know the names of more than half a dozen birds. But, he bloody well knows where they nest! He recognises their calls. And he's Deeply caring and committed to nature.

I only tend to see him a few times a year. Normally when he's after something! :D I thought, tonight, he was bringing back the carrying cage I'd long since lent him?

Should have known better than that. Noel is like a Black Hole. Anything sucked in by him is never likely to be seen again! :p

No. Better than some old cage back. Much better! He's asked me if I've ever heard of a " Bat Maternity Box "!!!

Upshot is that; I have the plans to hand. I have most of the materials knocking about here. And, obviously, I'd Love to make Noel a Bat Maternity Box. He has ten of my starling boxes at one of his farms. I'm free to wreak havoc at his other one. There's not a lot I Wouldn't do for this guy!

Only fly in the ointment is this bloody woman! 'The Bat Expert'. Seems she's insistent that Noel site such and such a box, in such and such a window ~ on his abandoned cottage. And this, that and the other infinitely detailed nits are to picked by her.

In the death, I just said to Noel: " Look, I'll make ye a deal. I'll make ye an industry standard, all singing, all dancing, Bat Maternity Box. We'll stick it where we bloody well like. "

" Or; If this woman Insists on it being exactly such a size. Stuck precisely in That window. Not right a little, or left a little? Let HER pay for it and build it! "

But, it seems, that would lose Noel the Grant. I'm like; " :confused: But, isn't that grant something stupid, like 50c a nest box? I thought I'd seen ..... "

NOOooooooo! Says Noel. It's a Lot more than that! Comes to pass HE's had to pay some guy €500.00, (I'm sure he said he even had to go to Longford and pick this guy up?!) to come and do some sort of check?!

I'm thinking like; Jesus wept!!! No Wonder Noel loves me slathering my ~ Free ~ nest boxes all over his place! :eek:

Anyway; There it is. I'm ready, and More Than willing to make Noel his big bat box. What a cracking little string to my bow that'll be! " Stigura: Maker of Finest Bird, Bat and Pine Marten Boxes ~ and a coffin or two. " :)

Best bit is though; I managed to slip it in that Noel should mention, to any of the farmers he knows, down this side of the road, that I'd like to put my starling boxes up on the north facing backs of Their cow sheds! Just like Noel's.

Does the scheming never stop?! :cool:

Dunno where Noel's got to. Consulting his 'expert', I imagine?

Anyway, I got woke up by a phone call, this morning. Decided to get up. Then found myself absolutely bored out of my tiny little mind!

Devil finds work, 'n all that :cool:

P9200420tn.jpg

Can Ye Guess What It Is Yet?
    The Clues Are Here.
    Got to add a Signal to it, yet. But, I'm all in now. Happy to sit here and chill with a well earned beer. Might even catch a crafty forty winks :) Finish it off tomorrow.

Another successful day! :D Probably another larroping, or two, of fenceguard and I'll have this baby deployed by the back gate:

P9210420tn.jpg
    That design comes courtesy of Mark Hovell ~ The Godfather of Ratcatchers. My first edition copy of his " Rats and How To Destroy Them " (1924) is my post prized possession :)

That's a version of his " Terrier Signal Run Trap ". That little train signal drops? I know I have a customer. Originally designed to save horrifying the lady of the house. Mark went on to develop Signals so that one could check a trap from outside a building, etc.

I like the signal principle because there's nothing quite like sipping ye tea as ye stare out the back door and suddenly realising that arm's down ~ when it wasn't, three minutes ago on this bright and sunny morning!

Game On!!! :cool:

P9220420tn.jpg

And there's a Q Tip in there too. I've dipped it in a special oil. One that's attractive to rats, yet doesn't excite Dogs or birds.

That little, wooden bar will now become a 24 / 7 source of distraction and fascination, for me, then :)

And now? I'm bored, again! No more projects to crack into :( Noel's lady got back to me, asking for the Bat Nursery Box plans I had, yesterday. Don't know where that goes now.

I'm skint, just now. Can't afford any planks, this week. And, I have thirty Starling Boxes waiting to be shifted from my stables anyway.

Scheming ... Scheming ... I Need to be a busy bee!

:confused: :eek: :cool: Here we go again!!! :D

:D Here ye go!

P9220419tn.jpg
    Always wanted one of these. Just for the craic. B&B Box. Bees and bugs :)

Two blocks of thoroughly rotten old wood there. Drilled into as far as my bits would go ~ without coming right through. It's wet, now. But, I'll get some stems, straws and sticks to pack it out with too.

Forward sloping, plastic poster protected roof. I've recessed everything well back too, because we get some dreadful westerlys and I don't want the tiny things exposed to that. It'll go on a south facing wall, see?

Well; My back aches. My shoulders ache. I'm sweaty and generally all in. As a man should be. (Matron!!! :eek:)

Really am right out of materials now though :( Made that out of a couple of off cuts I spotted in my work room. Need a new project now, until / if Noel comes back, asking me to make that Bat Nursery ~ and bunging me half a sheet of ply and eight feet of roof baton. I have the rest put aside.

Like to make my coffin :) Need to source some unwarped planks for that though. Tough one!

Whooooah!!! What a coup!!!

Today, I visited Tommy's, to check how many Starling Boxes his place may be able to take. This is the guy for whom I have Thirty boxes stashed in my stables?

I haven't been to his farm for years. Last there to knock out a rat infestation for him. Thus, I only had the vaguest recollection of the structures. In fact; I'd say he's had much of the old place razed, and has rebuilt modern, new sheds. And it's heaven on earth! Almost like he planned it with starlings in mind!

Sadly, I never took my camera, as I didn't know I was going there. But, hell yeah! His set up's Perfect! I see No problem with it sucking in Thirty boxes!

And; They'll All be Inside!!! This is staggering! His boxes will, absolutely, outlast the pair of us. So Many Starlings!!!

Let me just run some figures by ye: Starlings tend to have two broods a year. 5/6 eggs first. Then 3/5 the next round.

Over the last decade, I've built my core of personal boxes up to two dozen. I actually keep no records of individual boxes and rates. But, I now ring 50 - 70 chicks a year from them.

I can't count, in my head. But, would it not be fair to say that Tommy can expect about 70 - 100 chicks a year?

What ever. Slash that number, by / due to 'infant mortality', once they leave the boxes. I've no idea where that leaves us. I can only tell ye that, a dozen years ago, when I started putting my boxes up, here? I head counted the local flock as forty birds.

Year or two? I was chuffed as hell to be counting Eighty. This year? When I tried to tell BWI / BTO I was looking at 250 / 300 starlings lined up along hundreds of yards of our power lines? They're like: Naah. Don't be silly. We just don't get that many starlings in Eire!

They tell me a Lot. Like; We have No Grey or Red Legged Partridges, in Leitrim. Goshawks don't breed here. 250 - 300 Starlings? Viewable from ye gate?! GTF!

I just invited them to come here. Actually Set Foot In Leitrim! See for themselves. I'm not holding my breath :rolleyes:

Anyway, there we have it. Thirty more boxes going out! Tommy's place is out of my way. But, in return for the 'free pest control' these birds will do for him, he's more than happy to come and get me, twice a year, so I can ring them.

Everyone's a winner! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Who in BWI or BTO gave that response? I give BTO weekly counts and 100+ starling in the garden alone (like today) is not unusual at this time of year.
    A count of the surrounding square will throw up 1000 easily. Winter numbers over the bog here has murmurations with many thousands of birds.

If your ringing birds they'd have that data if nothing else?

Who in BWI or BTO gave that response?

It automatically flagged up, on Birdtrack. I left my open invite in the comments.

I've also been personally informed, one to one, we don't have RLP in Co. Leitrim. This after I'd sat and watched one walk past me, at fifteen foot, to start pecking around in my neighbours cattle crush. But, no; BWI assured me there are NO RLP in Leitrim.

I mentioned this to a friend. He said; " RLP? Yeah. Couple of lads up the top of town reared 200 in a barn. Day of the big shoot was an utter shambles! Not one of them got hit! " :D

I've given up with Birdtrack now. As ye rightly say; The BTO are getting my ringing returns. It's not rocket science. But, there it is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Just for clarification, nobody in BWI would be surprised at a flock of 250/300 Starlings in Leitrim (or any other county).

Nobody in BWI would be surprised to hear that someone has seen Red-legged Partridge in Leitrim (or any other county). If they said anything to the contrary they would have meant that we don't have a native/naturalised population - everyone knows they're captive-bred and released all over the place every year.

Nobody in BWI would be surprised to hear there's the odd Goshawk here and there in Ireland either, including a small number of breeding pairs. In a general sense Ireland doesn't have Goshawks, in so far as they don't breed every year, breeding is very on/off and localised, no real information on breeding success, and a lot of Goshawk records are likely down to mistaken ID for Sparrowhawks, plus there's no real way of knowing if the Goshawk you see today had only escaped from its falconer that morning!

Oh and BWI have current staff, and former staff, in Leitrim and a couple of staff from down the road in Roscommon too so less of the "actually set foot in Leitrim" thanks very much! :p:p

Getting back on topic - I just got my hands on a few metres of welded mesh so looking forward to getting creative in the coming weeks! :D

I'm not here to cast aspersions anywhere. But, I will stand my ground when bluntly typed to that I'm wrong. Eg. I wasn't typed to; " Ah, sure. The RLP ye saw would have been a released bird :) " (Of course it bloody would!) I was told: " There are NO RLP in Leitrim. "

And, yeah, the young Gos I saw, photographed, and Listened to, calling to the evasive parent bird? I probably missed the jesses on both of them. Or, maybe it was just a spar, taking the piss by perfectly imitating the call of a begging baby Gos?

I should check how many licensed 'Falconers' lost a parent and fledgling Gos, in Leitrim that year.

What ever. This is exactly why so many people just switch off. Keep their mouths shut. And stop bothering to report what they see on their own patches. I certainly am.

Funny; I seem to recall this whole bloody thread about started on this note? All I'm trying to do is encourage people to get off their arses and DO something, by example. I can switch off here too, if I'm causing waves ....?

Welded mesh? I have developing news, in that dept. Would ye prefer PM or email?

Welded mesh? I have developing news, in that dept. Would ye prefer PM or email?

Email! :D

When's the next election? I need an election. (No, OYE; Not the one our boy down in Cork will win for us! :D) I want more discarded posters :)

Talking to my boss, today. Probably for about Half the day, as it happens. We do that. I ran some stuff past him and he convinced me: I'm going 'commercial'. Gonna start selling my nest boxes on the open market.

I've been chatting to a lad, on here, see? Seems he has himself a bit of land and wants to show his kiddies a bit of nature, and so forth. He asked for a nest box maker, in Eire. I told him I make them. I make them properly. I can cater for any species that'll use a box. And I can advise on siting, etc. He asked how much. Without even thinking, I told him 'Much cheaper than the outfits selling them commercially!'. And suggested he check google and see the prices. Eg. Starling boxes average out at about thirty yo a pop! (Today, I found them at forty plus!:eek:)

Well, today, I thought I'd better get my schit together. I got a bit of paper out and opened the calculator ..... I can do ye all singing, all dancing, birds virtually guaranteed, expected to last a decade, as used by me, 'professional standard' starling nest box for .......... Twelve yo!!! :cool: Starlings being especially gregarious and sociable nesters? I'd Strongly advise any farmer to put up at least ten. Want ten? Special, bulk discount rate: Ten for a ton!

Off ye go. Scour the internet. Search the bay. Knock yeselves out! You Will Not get anywhere Near my prices for my Quality. FACT!

Know why? Because, if ye ring me with an enquirie, ye won't get a dulcet toned receptionist. Ye'll get ~ at best ~ a very gruff and guarded, " Hullo? " Or, just as likely, a torrent of abuse! I Hate being rung by strangers! :D I hire no staff. I rent no premises. VAT? That's my business! ;)

No, bottom line is? I love birds. I have a lifetimes experience of providing nest boxes for them. I'm retired. Bored out of my f'ing skull. I have an old mans tool collection. And I've made So Many, I can now turn out a nest box quicker than you can say; " Jesus wept! Look at that mo fo go! "

So, yeah. At twelve a pop (Starling boxes)? I'll get out of bed. That'll cover my timber costs. Buy me a pint. And I'll have some shrapnel left over, to put in the jar towards things like a new saw blade, or box of screws.

I've been called some absolutely choice things in my days. But, Never " Greedy ". This is for the birds. To stop You getting ripped off. And to give Me a bloody reason to get out of bed! I Love making nest boxes!

The only fly in the honey is 'postage' :confused: Starling box weighs seven pounds! Ye'd end up paying a courier stupid money to bring ye ten, compared to what I'd charge ye for making them! Blood suckers!

Oh well. I imagine something can be figured out. My man, on here, says he'll make the road trip to pick his stuff up. This makes sense, as he has his heart set on a Barn Owl box! :eek: (Think; Small shed!)

But, yeah. Todays news: Actually fit for purpose, Irish made, proper nest boxes now available from Leitrim. Birds, Bats, Pine Martens. Enquiries for others welcome.

I thank you :)

Email! :D

Stand by to receive! :D Just off to write it.

I lived years in leafy Leitrim. Shared my old cottage with a pine marten, met many birds I had never seen before.

As for your rats; had a plague of them here but my cats fixed that for me. One of the rats was bigger than a small cat … :eek:

Things are different out here; no real trees etc and wild winds. Always a cuckoo or three etc. Crows and seabirds

You're a dark horse, Graces. Familiar with Mohill, at all? That's my local town. Though, I live miles away from it. Dead centre of nowhere.

Little anecdote for ye ~ it's my thread and I can take a breather, now and then, surely? ;)

I got called out to a place by Rowan Lough. British bloke, living with his Dogs in a splendidly isolated cottage. Only, it had gotten so that he was laying in bed at night, watching the rats dance the Fandango at the foot of his bed!

So, there I am, doing my work, when I happen to spot a certain object on his wall. One which resonated with my own past. I said; " Oh! Nice little so and so ye have there! I used to be into that. "

And, this guy says; " Yes. I was, back in the day. Ye know; I used to read a magazine. There was a bloke in it ~ regular contributor ~ he ..... "

And I'm like;

Gasp.jpg
    I Was That Soldier!!!

Funny old world!

Anyway: Rowan Lough. I Had To grab this shot of it, on the way out to get amongst his rats. It's my desktop picture now :)

Rowan-Loughtn.jpg
    And, now, I'd better go and make use of myself .....

What were the chances of that eh! Dying to know what was hanging on his wall. I'd guess, some sort of a collectors item?

You're a dark horse, Graces. Familiar with Mohill, at all? That's my local town. Though, I live miles away from it. Dead centre of nowhere.

Ah no; I was in the mountains above Drumkeeran; in a very old cottage that had been empty years. The front door had a pine marten sized hole in it. One night I was woken around 2 am by strange noise.. crept through into the sitting room and snapped the light on to see a large critter helping itself from the fruit bowl .
    #
    My best pear had already gone and the critter fled up the chimney dropping an apple in the process.

I had to look it up on the internet.. Fed her all that time as she was in a delayed pregnancy and then she would come in with the little ones.

Have lived in many counties here with the voluntary work I did and with low cost rentals being so hard to get, but that was a wonderful time.

Here we have hares! Racing around in the early light..

• Advertisement

I look at that mountain from my back door! :D 'Mind you; Most probably half of bloody Leitrim dose!

I'm pretty sure I've already shown this clip? But, what the hell ~ They're cute enough to stand a second run!

https://vimeo.com/360000820

Back on stricter topic, before I get old fashioned stares from a mod! :p I'm off up my neighbours place, any time now. All sorts of shenanigans are afoot, around here. Deadly relevant to this thread. I'm hoping to get a better handle on it :)

Advertisement