Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭Bsal

22:55 for Dublin area. -3.4 magnitude so should be very bright.

Edit: HTV9 is scheduled to dock with ISS at 13:15 Irish time NASA livestream will be here https://www.nasa.gov/nasalive

Looks like it's going to be cloudy tonight :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Could see HTV briefly last night at about 23:45 it was miles behind it, Cygnus there a couple of weeks ago was closer. There is a pass tonight @22:55:04 (W-10°), 22:58:14 (SSW - 50°), 23:01:24 (ESE - 11°) but it will probably be too cloudy depending where you are though. Check out the clear skies app to see pass times (click on the ISS icon). There's another pass around 00:32 WSW to SW it will be low on the horizon.

Got a view of the ISS for about 2min looking west were the clouds had a gap. Also noticed the bright white light shining on the clouds from the control tower at Dublin airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

23.44 tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭kegg

fryup wrote: »
    23.44 tonight

What time tonight? If at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

22.56. look directly west tonight and you will see it coming a good distance back.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Where to look in the sky? South west?

Directly west vic. you should see it a fair bit back.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Directly west vic. you should see it a fair bit back.

Thanks OB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭monty_python

22.56. look directly west tonight and you will see it coming a good distance back.

Was it not 21.56??

Was it not 21.56??

No. ISS pass tonight is 22.56 and is one of the last very bright pass until July

which makes it all the more a pity space x didn't launch tonight :(

Lovely bright pass there

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Blahfool

Really bright! Saw another satttelite going se -nw at the same time.

the ISS isn't listed for saturday night.....but is for fri & sun :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Blahfool wrote: »

Is that what that was? It caught my eye just as the ISS was reaching my tree line, knew from the speed and aspect it couldn't be an aircraft.

Beautiful pass tonight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Damien360

Blahfool wrote: »

I think I saw that satellite also. Wasn’t sure if that was an aircraft or not. Had an almost orange tint to it from my viewpoint. Not very bright. Didn’t show up on SkyView lite app I was using.

Damien360 wrote: »
    I think I saw that satellite also. Wasn’t sure if that was an aircraft or not. Had an almost orange tint to it from my viewpoint. Not very bright. Didn’t show up on SkyView lite app I was using.
    Only thing on flightradar was East Midlands to Cicinatti a few mins earlier. Deifinitely a sat I reckon.

The ISS pass would have been roughly the direction Crew Dragon would have took!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Damien360 wrote: »
    What looked like the same one trajectory and time-wise passed over a few nights go.

Also saw a south to north one about a week ago. It was some rocket though I can't recall its name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭jogdish

Just after seeing the pass tonight, was nice with the moon. I saw a slowish moving very bright red thing moving S->W about 15 degrees elevation, around mag -4. I am in the west. Didn't see anything on flight radar or my satellite tracker (heavens
    above) Any ideas?

jogdish wrote: »
    Just after seeing the pass tonight, was nice with the moon. I saw a slowish moving very bright red thing moving S->W about 15 degrees elevation, around mag -4. I am in the west. Didn't see anything on flight radar or my satellite tracker (heavens
    above) Any ideas?

Showed on Heavens Above for me, Clear Skies app is also good and shows passes. Thought it would have been lower on the horizon from the looks of heavens above so it is not always accurate perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭jogdish

Showed on Heavens Above for me, Clear Skies app is also good and shows passes. Thought it would have been lower on the horizon from the looks of heavens above so it is not always accurate perhaps.
    Well I saw both the ISS and the mystery red thing, didn't see any other passes of that brightness.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Just caught the last glimpse of it for a whole very low on the southwest horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭OldRio

A few passes over the next few nights. Very clear sky in Leitrim tonight.
    Next pass 2042pm WSW and travels to ESE.

That was the brightest I've seen it in a while.

Times for next few days: (brightest passes)

Friday 25th
    1957 & 2134 (a lot of clear skies forecast for the 2134 pass,should be a good one)

Saturday

Sunday
    2003 & 2140

Monday

Had to dodge something there the other day... Not much details from NASA on this, open to speculation!

https://blogs.nasa.gov/spacestation/2020/09/22/station-boosts-orbit-to-avoid-space-debris/

• Advertisement

1958 & 2134 tonight

Advertisement