Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion 2013/14

1118119120121122124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

Funnel cloud in the outskirts of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Thunder here in Dungiven, Co. Derry now. Getting dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭chris2007

What's the chances of Dublin seeing some action today?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

John2009 wrote: »
    Funnel cloud in the outskirts of Cork City

Now thats more like it !! What time was it at? :)

Did u take the shot John? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

I've been stuck in the house today doing work although been nipping in and out.

Lots of thunder, torrential rain, and lots of flashes but unfortunately nothing photogenic. Setup a timelapse to try catch a bolt or three but nothing :(

Still quite enjoyable today though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭MikeD22

Funnel cloud taken over tolerton carlow area. Near rossmore for those you may know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Now thats more like it !! What time was it at? :)

Did u take the shot John? :)

Hi Ian ya I took those shots, roughly about 3:40pm or so looking north towards the Nagle Mountains I think that's what they are,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

A lot of dark stuff building north west and south east of Athlone. Hopefully come together right over the house for some booms!

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

I had a fantastic day weather wise, and I barely left the house, everything came to me!

Thunder, lightning, torrential rain in the afternoon.

And 2 funnels in the same place yesterday evening!

I have to say I'm quite pleased!

Torrenial Rain

Funnel Cloud (ignore the music, I was actually out on a date with a girl and was chatting about something completely different, plus she thought I was mad haha)

ZOlYVmr.png

q8ECIlA.png

DtZqPhJ.png

10tdw6E.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Hey Tyler, get some gtechniq g1 on you're windscreen. It's better than rainx and the water just beads off it. It's supposed to last up to 30k km.

http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/kits/g1-g4-clearvision-screen-kit/
    Better visibility in rain, sleet, fog and snow is all about safety. And the safety benefits are not just the obvious ones that self clearing screens bring. Rain and grime free screens also means greatly reduced eye fatigue, which can lead to drowsiness and loss of concentration whilst driving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

A bit OT,
    Weirdest thing just happened. Perfectly calm sunny day all day and for about a 10 second period the wind picked up in a constant gust knocking over flower pots, chairs and blowing other debris. All the neighbours were out wondering what was going on. Strangest thing. :confused:
    Some kind of heat fueled whirlwind?
    It is a high pressure whirl wind also known as a shig wee. Often indicated sign of good weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

33xvhx3.jpg

Things are getting dark here in limerick. Does anyone have any good big boy camera recommendations? Rather than using my ipad for these pics

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭monster1

sky got very dark too today for a while

23l1uf9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

I know this is probably the wrong place to put this but this video of a supercell timelapse is absolutely amazing

http://vimeo.com/95819708

New Season, New Thread; Discussion continues here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement