Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ICB Credit Rating

Options
  • 22-09-2019 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

So I recently returned from living overseas for a good few years to find I have a bad credit score with the ICB. This came from a small unpaid credit card debt which I hadn't realised I had (long story) Anyway the credit card was written off as bad debt and the credit score is due to expire in early 2020 - 5 years from the date the card was written off. My first question - when this date has passed will lenders be able to see any record of this debt?

I would ideally like to clear the debt but my second question is - if I pay it will I be on the ICB register for another 5 years? I would like to get a mortgage in the near future and if i have a bad ICB rating then I'd imagine this won't be possible.

I really don't like the idea of not paying so any insight into my situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Shadow2019

ahhsuh wrote: »
    So I recently returned from living overseas for a good few years to find I have a bad credit score with the ICB. This came from a small unpaid credit card debt which I hadn't realised I had (long story) Anyway the credit card was written off as bad debt and the credit score is due to expire in early 2020 - 5 years from the date the card was written off. My first question - when this date has passed will lenders be able to see any record of this debt?

I would ideally like to clear the debt but my second question is - if I pay it will I be on the ICB register for another 5 years? I would like to get a mortgage in the near future and if i have a bad ICB rating then I'd imagine this won't be possible.

I really don't like the idea of not paying so any insight into my situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

This should come off ICB but is it showing on your CCR report?’ If it’s been written off the original lender has probably passed to a debt agency such as Cabot and they may be reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ahhsuh

Shadow2019 wrote: »
    This should come off ICB but is it showing on your CCR report?’ If it’s been written off the original lender has probably passed to a debt agency such as Cabot and they may be reporting.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

No there was nothing on my CCR when I requested it. I think this is because the amount owed is less than 500. Would I be right in thinking that?

Do you think it could show on the CCR in the future if it remains unpaid?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Shadow2019

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

No there was nothing on my CCR when I requested it. I think this is because the amount owed is less than 500. Would I be right in thinking that?

Do you think it could show on the CCR in the future if it remains unpaid?

If it’s not there now it means the current lender did not upload your details.

I’m currently going through a lengthy process of getting a 69 Euro balance removed that’s showing from a credit card missing payment from 2016!

Lenders can see previous 24 months on CCR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

I would recommend you ring the Irish Credit Bureau to clarify. I think if you pay it now it will be on your credit report for 5 years after the payment is made.

Thanks

Advertisement