Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019 - 1000 mile challenge - 10 years running

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Congrats B. What app is that?

Elevate for Strava: https://thomaschampagne.github.io/elevate/#/landing

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/elevate-for-strava/dhiaggccakkgdfcadnklkbljcgicpckn?hl=en

It does a load of different things including estimating your fitness trend, level of fatigue, form etc. The cumulative yearly graphs are probably the best part, it's like racing your ghost in Mario Kart :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

1000 miles completed yesterday, one month and one day later than last year. I didn't manage to break my 5 and 10K pbs last year (I did try once or twice with both) but managed to take a decent chunk off both this year so despite the slightly less mileage the outcomes have not been too bad so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,289 ✭✭✭ariana`

diego_b wrote: »
    1000 miles completed yesterday, one month and one day later than last year. I didn't manage to break my 5 and 10K pbs last year (I did try once or twice with both) but managed to take a decent chunk off both this year so despite the slightly less mileage the outcomes have not been too bad so far.

Well done! More quality despite less quantity or some other reason(s) do you think?

ariana` wrote: »
    Well done! More quality despite less quantity or some other reason(s) do you think?

Thanks! Few different reasons I think, more a focus on different (mainly shorter) distances. No marathon in the first half of the year so focused on the 5/10K stuff for a change. Did some interval work in the darker months earlier in the year, so whilst the mileage was down doing that the effort was much harder on those I felt. Raced 800m on track (once indoor, twice indoor) as well coming off the back of that stuff too. Into marathon stuff now but training to run it with my wife for her first on DCM day. Tried to run a bit more with other people and that often seems to end up in shorter training runs but more enjoyable than plodding out marathon miles on my own. Change is as good as a rest sometimes...next year will be something different again (house building at the moment so just tipping away until that's done).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hit the 1,000 mile mark on Sept 12. 6 weeks earlier than my previous best and exactly 2 months earlier than last year. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭passinginterest

Got the 1,000 miles during the half today. First time for me. Delighted with the consistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Did my 2000th mile yesterday during the EcoTrail somewhere between Djouce and Roundwood

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Tootled over the 1000 mile mark during the week.
    After a summer on the swimbikerun dark side it's back to the serious business and my yearly last ever sub 3 attempt.
    Roll on Manchester 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

1000 miles done on the 2nd of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

I reached 1,000 miles this morning. It is my first time to ever run a thousand miles within a year; I'm so happy that I finally get to write this post. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Saturdays long run finally took me over 1000 miles, I was on 999 on Friday :) Happy considering the injuries I have had this year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

2000 miles passed today during this new form of torture that I've discovered (think it's called intervals) on the Sonia O'Sullivan running track.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭hawkwing

1000m passed today as part of a 2mile run.Small consolation for missing DCM19 due to injury 4 weeks ago :o

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

Reached 1000 miles today for the first time ever. All going well, I will have more than doubled last year's total by the end of the year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Just heading back out tonight after 3 weeks with Chest infection which is a pity as I was well ahead of target.
    42 miles to do between now and the new year to reach the 1000, it's going to be a stretch to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

By some miracle I just passed 2000 miles for the year despite some setbacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Passed 1000 miles a couple weeks back for the first time since starting running in 2017, well overdue. Crazy what some structure can do your training.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Guill wrote: »
    Just heading back out tonight after 3 weeks with Chest infection which is a pity as I was well ahead of target.
    42 miles to do between now and the new year to reach the 1000, it's going to be a stretch to say the least.
    7 to 8k every two days and you’re there. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

Just passed the 1000 mile mark for first time ever. Despite having first child late 2018, this apparently has been my most consistent years running! I think a large part of that was an effective ban on "lazy" mornings. Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

I’m at about 1,700 - don’t think I’ll make 2,000 by the end of the year 😀 (unless I REALLY work at it - I suppose I am off work ...)

Joking!! Happy enough w 1,700 ish miles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Passed 3000 miles yesterday, beating my previous record of 2937 set in 2017.

Celebrating with a day off today :pac:

Singer wrote: »
    Passed 3000 miles yesterday, beating my previous record of 2937 set in 2017.

Celebrating with a day off today :pac:

The day is long yet....

Well done on the landmark B!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Have one more 5km race late tomorrow evening which will take me to a mere 1551 miles. Less that I anticipated, less than pretty much every previous year where I've somehow run between 1650-1680 without actually trying to run the same each year. Thought I'd have got more miles in with running three marathons, another "marathon" up and down the mountains of Wales and a 24 hour race.

Really need to knuckle down and fit in more miles at times that are not obviously good running hours of the day if I have a hope of getting back to where I would like to be for London 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

This morning’s run leaves me on 2,999 kms. Supposed to be a double day but don’t think I’ll get out later. Oh well. Always preferred prime numbers anyway. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Murph_D wrote:
    This morning’s run leaves me on 2,999 kms. Supposed to be a double day but don’t think I’ll get out later. Oh well. Always preferred prime numbers anyway.

No no no.... I would literally jog 500m down the road and back to make that an even 3k

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

ENHRwrYXYAEijyD?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

That's me done
    2,353km for the year

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    In again. Hoping to hit 1,500 miles this year which would be 20% more than my previous best.

I got to 1,310 miles (2,109 km) in the end which tbf is about 100 miles more than my previous best. I managed only 50km since the 6 December though and suspect that tendon issues are going to severely curtail my running in the short to medium term. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

3993 miles for me, and no I'm not going out for a quick seven miler!

Well done to everyone who met or exceeded their goals this year.

Ten years ago I hadn't even started running so we've all got it in us. ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

4803km for me. didn't bother today

Advertisement