Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

It will come down too how long The Elite stay also. Once one them decides, this isn’t for me, you might see the flood gates open. Or even Jericho to decide the lure of a last WM moment to be a big draw
    FWIW all the reports have them locked in for 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If they are guaranteed contracts it is the heist of the century.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,280 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Reading reports that they are considering adding a 3rd hour to the weekly show but it won't be on TNT it will air on Bleacher Report Live website.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,280 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

01-all-elite-wrestling-aew-dynamite-october-2nd-wednesdays-8-7c-tnt-2019-logo.jpg?itok=2cQa3hQ3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

As much as I want AEW to succeed, does anyone else think that they'll be a massive failure?

Really want them to do well but don't like having the bucks etc as EVPs and signing up all their jabroni mates. Would much rather have them, along with Cody and Kenny as just talent and a booker above them.

Have to disagree

To me they have one of the most stacked tag divsions in the world. All excellent workers.

Lucha Brothers, Bucks, LAX, Private Party, So Cal, Boy and his dino are all as good as any teams in the world and there is a clear vision of promoting tag teams.

Womens divison is equally stacked imo.

Britt Baker, Nyla, Penelope Ford, Riho, Sadie Gibbs, and imo the best female wrestler around Bea Priestly

I really look forward to the MJF turn on cody and where the Kenny and Mox story leads to. There appears to be long term storytelling at work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The tag and womens divisions are stacked, add Hikaru Shida and Yuka Sakazaki to that list too. As mentioned Scurll's ROH contract is up soon, would be cool if they could get Villain Enterprises to tag along with him. Think Bandido's contract is up at the end of the year, should pick him up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

raven136 wrote: »
    Have to disagree

I really look forward to the MJF turn on cody and where the Kenny and Mox story leads to. There appears to be long term storytelling at work

That will be the one of the first tests... will he put over MJF or not

• Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Have to disagree

To me they have one of the most stacked tag divsions in the world. All excellent workers.

Lucha Brothers, Bucks, LAX, Private Party, So Cal, Boy and his dino are all as good as any teams in the world and there is a clear vision of promoting tag teams.

Womens divison is equally stacked imo.

Britt Baker, Nyla, Penelope Ford, Riho, Sadie Gibbs, and imo the best female wrestler around Bea Priestly

Bea Priestley.....that the same Bea Priestley who botches her way through matches and bullies her coworkers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I think Jericho nailed this. I think we as hardcore wrestling fans we know or at least have awareness of most of the wrestlers but nationwide America probably doesn’t. I’m still to be convinced if the bucks and omega are stars outside of the hardcore fan base and that’s going to be the key to success or not to

https://twitter.com/mrklondikebill/status/1174754996505710593?s=21

Bea Priestley.....that the same Bea Priestley who botches her way through matches and bullies her coworkers?

She has improved massively and is more than holding her own with the stardom crew. Her matches with both Toni Storm and Millie McKenzie were great

If judging a wrestler on their backstage stuff then we wouldnt support a lot of them
    I think her potential feud with Britt will be very good

I also wonder will AEW sign Priscilla Kelly or just give her spots on ppv

She adds something very different to the roster

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote: »
    I think Jericho nailed this. I think we as hardcore wrestling fans we know or at least have awareness of most of the wrestlers but nationwide America probably doesn’t. I’m still to be convinced if the bucks and omega are stars outside of the hardcore fan base and that’s going to be the key to success or not to

https://twitter.com/mrklondikebill/status/1174754996505710593?s=21

But isnt that exactly what AEW are doing?

Kenny is a legit star to hardcore fans and well known to most fans and instead of handing him a title they are running with another storyline all together

NXT pulled in 1.1million viewers with even less stars

People want to see good wrestling, the appetite is there.

I think this potential "war" with NXT V AEW will be fantastic for us fans more than anything.

But isnt that exactly what AEW are doing?

Kenny is a legit star to hardcore fans and well known to most fans and instead of handing him a title they are running with another storyline all together

NXT pulled in 1.1million viewers with even less stars

People want to see good wrestling, the appetite is there.

I think this potential "war" with NXT V AEW will be fantastic for us fans more than anything.

Nxt has that added benefit of being wwe so straight away has more eyes on it.

It’s great for us as I think it will make them all better

Nxt has that added benefit of being wwe so straight away has more eyes on it.

It’s great for us as I think it will make them all better

Definitely, no slacking from either of them and we benefit

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How many are now on the AEW roster?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Even tho a little of them goes a long way for some the arena's that AEW has filled this year is significant. I genuinely don't feel there are many wrestlers if any that could do that if they left WWE tomorrow morning.
    WWE have around 300 wrestlers on the books but how many are genuine stars who create a buzz in the crowd when they come out??
    Maybe 9 or 10 of them if I'm being generous. Nobody cares about the vast majority of roster and you can hear it every week. The brand is the biggest draw now, people know what Raw, Smackdown, Royal Rumble and WrestleMania are and that's enough for them to get by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jasus I don't know 75% of them. Looks like a lot of jabronis and small guys with soft body's.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

ricero wrote: »
    Jasus I don't know 75% of them. Looks like a lot of jabronis and small guys with soft body's.

See that's where this magical thing called Google comes handy for these kinds of situations :pac:

ERG89 wrote: »
    Even tho a little of them goes a long way for some the arena's that AEW has filled this year is significant. I genuinely don't feel there are many wrestlers if any that could do that if they left WWE tomorrow morning.
    WWE have around 300 wrestlers on the books but how many are genuine stars who create a buzz in the crowd when they come out??
    Maybe 9 or 10 of them if I'm being generous. Nobody cares about the vast majority of roster and you can hear it every week. The brand is the biggest draw now, people know what Raw, Smackdown, Royal Rumble and WrestleMania are and that's enough for them to get by.

As much as no one can deny how great it is to sell out but honestly think it’s the same fans are going to all wrestling events these days. Do agree about wwe brand is the draw again which is what put laxatives aew fighting uphill battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ok, so 57 without non wrestlers and counting tag teams as 2. I didn't include the OWE roster.
    57 for a weekly live show. Think alternating weeks for storylines would be a good way to go.
    They're going with 4 PPVs a year? Or every 2 months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

ricero wrote: »

Disco?

Soft body's definitely is an old old saying in this day and age

Hmm interesting this considering it seemed she was gone from wrestling must be more to that

https://twitter.com/freelancewres/status/1175463838914895874?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Very curious as to what happened there. Presumably she would've been one of their bigger women's wrestlers. One of the few people on their roster who could appeal to the kids' demographic and she just walked away from a contract. It's odd.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Very curious as to what happened there. Presumably she would've been one of their bigger women's wrestlers. One of the few people on their roster who could appeal to the kids' demographic and she just walked away from a contract. It's odd.

After fallout from Cody comments about barley and now all this is so strange

ok if this is just a highlights show on main ITV and its going to be on live ITV4 or something its a great if its just a highlights show almost a week after it close to midnights its very bad

https://twitter.com/JohnWilliams004/status/1176877407984410626?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

That's a horrendous tv deal. Be heavily edited that hour on a Sunday morning too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

So no live option for UK viewers?

• Advertisement

Can't even record ITV on Sky over here. Won't be getting up at 8.20 on a Sunday morning :P

I was hoping for a showing on Thursday night.

Advertisement