Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TNA Wrestling Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

It was killed off long before 1997. Wrestling has always been stupid. There an old 1930/40's film with a James Cagney gangster type explaining how fake wrestling was.

It doesn't excuse how silly what Impact/Aries did do. It only took away from the finish and hurt the company who has been building its stock back up with the fans.

Homecoming PPV is tonight at the asylum in Nashville.

Really enjoyed Impact in the 12 months since I posted this thread.

It's a shame that they are moving to a TV channel in the US that is supposedly available in even less homes than Pop TV (the channel they're leaving).

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Should be a decent PPV. Impact v Cage is a very interesting match. LAX v Lucha Brothers has the potential to be a belter. My enjoyment of Taya v Tessa will probably come down to how Gail Kim is used as the referee, probably setting up a Kim Tessa match.

Drake v Abyss in the Monster's Ball is the match I'm least interested in. Tommy Dreamer being a major part of the build hasn't helped, I could do without him on my TV in 2019. His promo giving out about skinny jean millenials was so bad.

Ultimate X should be a fun match. The build for Moose v Edwards has been so goofy, though I have enioyed all their in ring interactions, so looking foward to it. Also looking forward to seeing Jordynne Grace on the show.

I'd be fairly unsure predicting how a lot of these matches will go. And I'm wondering what roles others not booked in matches will play. Kross, the OGz and even Rosemary could all factor into things given they're all involved in the storylines of matches.

It's a pity that the brand has such a badly damaged reputation because it has been very enjoyable. Looks like things are only going to get more difficult for them this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Found out that Impact will be streaming on Twitch, might be a good way to get back into Impact, albeit a decade later.

Homecoming is on Sky channel 192 tonight at 9pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Did they get a new bigger ring? The rope looks really high, especially with the women, but also there seems to be a lot of room for moving around.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Impact's parent company just bought the majority share in AXS TV so they should have secure TV home now to move onto.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

I wonder will they still be shown on sky channel 192.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

This company will somehow outlive us all

Impact will move to AXS after Bound for Glory i October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

There is a daft rumour now that Anthem want to buy Ring of Honor. So weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

nannerby wrote: »

I didn’t know they were shown here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

nannerby wrote: »

192 is the timeshare channel with the Fight Network slot isn't it?

I'm surprised Channel 5 allows it at the moment, particularly since it airs there in sync with the US broadcast ahead of being shown on 5 Star.

192 is the timeshare channel with the Fight Network slot isn't it?

I'm surprised Channel 5 allows it at the moment, particularly since it airs there in sync with the US broadcast ahead of being shown on 5 Star.
    What days does it air here? Might give it another go

Impact will be taking the Tuesday night wrestling spot on AXS.

Kylie Rae signs with Impact.

Wonder what happened in AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'm watching clips of Impact throughout the year and have to say I'm enjoying Callihan's work. It's simple but effective.

My question to those still watching is it worth a full watch? I noticed NWA seemed to have plundered former Impact stars so I'm wondering how the Impact roster is currently fixed.

Maybe I'm listening at a poor volume but the crowd sounds dead. NWA audience make more noise and I assume the latter would be smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

It's worth a watch, Impact is usually a decent show. Bound For Glory this weekend was really good, one of the better recent US PPV's. The X Division ladder match and Cage/Callihan were great and Elgin/Marufuji was excellent.

I see their next PPV is the appropriately titled Hard to Kill.

Next ones will probably then be Out For Justice and Under Siege

• Advertisement

Impact will be on The Fight Network here every Wednesday Night at 9:00pm from next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Really good first show of the new era on AXS, delighted to see Sami Callihan win the title. It's very much deserved, he's been great this year and is one of the best heels in the business for me. A Callihan/Blanchard has huge potential.

Was also cool to see Josh Alexander in a match with Marufuji, and Austin/Edwards was a good match too. And heel RVD is way better than the phone it in version we've gotten the last few months.

Its on Sky 192 Showcase/Fight Network tonight at 9:00pm.

Freesat 161

Any reason in particular why the crowd is so bad? They've been doing some strong stuff over the last two years but my god the absolute silence kills it.

https://youtu.be/4aKFtbvmuYA

Class segment between Sami and Tessa.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A new World Champion will be crowned when Eddie Edwards, Ace Austin, Trey and a mystery opponent collide in a Four-Way Elimination Match. On a night shrouded in mystery, who will be revealed as the fourth competitor and who will leave Slammiversary with the vacant World Title around their waist?

EC3?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    EC3?

Miro ?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/former-wwe-star-confirms-he-will-fight-on-july-18-the-same-day-as-impact-wrestlings-slammiversary-ppv/

Former WWE/IMPACT Wrestling star EC3 was on Facebook Live and was asked about being the mystery man in the IMPACT Slammiversary main event.

“July 18th”, EC3 said. “July 18th is a great day for a fight. I will fight July 18th.”

Gallows and Anderson have officially signed with Impact.

Interesting to see who else from the WWE releases show up at Slammiversary tonight

• Advertisement

They also followed on from AJ and shoot on Heyman calling him a bull****ter.

It was Heyman who got them sacked as they weren't on the original list of releases and Heyman brought up their names to Vince as they were on big contracts.

Advertisement