Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPOILERS: We're Alive Discussion

1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

muff03 wrote: »
    It's 23.37 here in NYC, so it's still

FINAL EPISODE DAY!

(sorry Kess, didn't feel right if the last one was missed!)

Technically the 19th was new episode day :P

But we can have our own New and final episoide day on the 29th. :D

Don't know about anyone else but it was soooooo tempting yesterday to click purchase when I had a glance at the official We're Alive website.

Roll on the 29th when it is available on itunes etc., and we can then all start discussing the finale without spoiling it for anyione who wanting to wait until the release on the 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

I was looking on twitter at some of the pics from the live the event, but there's spoilers EVERYWHERE! Looking forward to the 29th now.

Also, the new "Tales from We're Alive" project should be refreshing, hopefully a different city or something, with new characters. Might get a Vic back-story, that'd be good.

Maybe they will have a bunch of Boardsies in the new series.

Bunch of folk looking out their windows criticising the creatures, and saying the end of the world was better last week. :D

Hah, we were hard to please at times alright!

muff03 wrote: »
    Hah, we were hard to please at times alright!

Nah we just have high standards when it comes to our zeds or anything even slightly zed related. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Just checking in before next week. It's all gone a bit wee bit odd with ink (paranoid and worried about death) just happening to discover an ancient symbol that protects him from a prehistoric zombie plague?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

As much as I like the show, it annoys me so much sometimes that I refuse to shell out for the finale. Even RopeDrink's positive review isn't gonna sway me on this one. I'll hear it when it drops for us peasants.

I caved too, but my PayPal is "limited". Out of curiosity, the music pack, does it have that piano piece they play when Burt loses his finger? Really want that.

Final New Episode day

This is it folks, the greatest ever We're Alive episode.

Expect Batman. Expect the Deathstar. Expect massive name guest musicians for the soundtrack.

Expect Michael Bay and Zack Snyder to direct the explosions and slo mo effects. Expect David Fincher to direct the drama.

Expect answers, expect the water creatures, expect light sabres, expect goddamn vikings.

Expect EPIC

Expect AWESOME

Accept no substitutes.

Well there is the final new episode announcement

And here is some Anthrax with zombie related lyrics.

City authorities in your area
    Have reported that the bodies of the dead
    Are rising from the graves
    And attacking the living

When did this begin
    This curse as old as sin
    Reality is bleeding at the core
    Brilliant savagery
    Decapitate and bleed
    Out the spoiled seed until it's pure
    The darkest devil nightmare blacker than their evil souls you gotta fight 'em
    I'll end you
    God save us prayers fall on deaf ears so put your faith in force you gotta fight 'em;
    I'll end you
    The murder in your eyes is just the will to stay alive you gotta fight 'em
    I'll end you
    Cause there's no humanity when the dead come back to feed you gotta fight 'em
    Fight 'em
    In the end of everything
    The dead will rise and sing
    Fight 'em 'til you can't fight no more
    The world is only blood
    Rage becomes your love
    I will end you
    Kill and kill the thing
    It's mind shattering
    When murder is
    The only cure
    Brilliant savagery
    Decapitate and bleed
    Out the spoiled seed until it's pure
    The darkest devil nightmare blacker than their evil souls you gotta fight 'em
    I'll end you
    God save us prayers fall on deaf ears so put your faith in force you gotta fight 'em;
    I'll end you
    The murder in your eyes is just the will to stay alive you gotta fight 'em
    I'll end you
    Cause there's no humanity when the dead come back to feed you gotta fight 'em
    Fight 'em
    In the end of everything
    The dead will rise and sing
    The world is only blood
    Rage becomes your love

From what I can tell from the WA site, the final episode does not start to stream until 2am our time and no mention of an itune download being available

• Advertisement

Are we all trying to pretend that the final episode never happened? :pac:

You go first, Kess. Kick things off.

I'm gonna relisten first.

Thought it was pretty dull, and that it contained a hell of a lot of pointless filler.

Ink, Randy, and Scratch were all beaten very easily, and the 14 years later bit pretty much made Saul's death pointless as the world is back to swarming with creatures again and Ink was going to die from bloodloss anyway given his legs were chopped off from the shins down.

Was also probably the cheapest sounding finale of the entire series.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

seemed a bit meh....loved the series, just expected more from the end. In fact, i half exptected skittles to show up!
    Also, has this happened before then? If it did, how come it wasnt in oral history?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

Just listened to the last episode this morning on the way to work. Not impressed with it at all. Glad i stuck it out but happy its over. The last 2 seasons have been a complete flop in my eyes. Wonder did they fire th writers from the 1st 2 seasons.

14 years is all it took for civilization to get back up and running.... Or some form of it.
    Also sounds like a lot more people survived than we were lead to believe but then in 14 years guess you could find pockets of people holding out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Glad it's over to be honest.

The idea of jumping forward to see things from a historical perspective through Nicholas was a good call, but the rest of the episode was junk.

Just hope that they are not going to have a new series set 14 years in the future. With Nick and a bunch of other plucky kids taking on the creatures.:rolleyes:

Because if I want that, I will go and re read Jonathan Maberry's Benny Imura series (which also is a cross over of sorts with Mayberry's Joe Ledger character.)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Was hoping hope would take down scratch actually. Scratch went down way too easy, and I wasn't impressed with her entombment either. I suppose Bert was still holding a bit of a grudge, but it was a bit off. Saul making the heroic sacrifice was a given once we knew the tunnels were contaminated with the gas.

Brings me to the gas. So there is an ancient race of beings (humans? or just something compatible with us?) living underground, every so often they all die out, and their stinky smell rises up and infects everyone around. Stinky smell gives the infected the ability to understand a forgotten language, lose conscious thought, gains insatiable desire for human flesh, and slows ageing.

By an amazing coincidence, a pycho killer afraid of death tattooed himself with a variety of protection tatoos, one of which protected him from the infected? But he was infected himself, so I don't really understand that, to be honest.

I think I need a uber nerd to give me a recap.

I did like story time with Nick, just not sure why he was so hesitant to comply with the mandatory (for everyone but him) military service.

Did like Pegs kicking ass in the tower actually, standing up to Scratch. Would have like to have heard the flanking manoeuvre and the other mallers being taken out with the riot gear.

Glad I stayed to the end, just wish it had hung together a bit better. Also, did anyone sometimes find it more difficult than at the start to follow? Particularly in any fight / battle scene. Nothing but explosions and roars!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Well lads did ye all get the e-mail about the spin off "lockdown"
    Starting in June
    Any thoughts?

Guess people got disillusioned with we're alive towards the end
    Still ya never know "lockdown" could be good I will definitely give it a listen anyway

• Advertisement

Just listened to "lockdown" the we're alive spin-off
    First episode is mainly a set up but it's really good looking forward to the rest of it
    Any one else listening?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Ahh. Thanks for the reminder. I'll be checking that soon.
    Gotten in to a bunch of horror/supernatural podcast stuff late. The Black Tapes Podcast, Tanis, Small Town Horror, Alive Isn't Dead. I'll add this to the list!

Will check out your list as well . thanks dakota

Just finished episode 2 of Lockdown and so far I really like it. Production has gotten a bit better, though We're Alive was never terrible. Fun stuff! Glad I was still subscribed here as I had honestly forgotten about it.

Episode 3 now. Really enjoying it surely some more we're alive fans or zombie fans apart from me and Dakota are listening ?

Yup. Caught up!

This thread is tagged as spoilers so some discussion...

Ya had to figure someone was going down. Didn't know who but Chuck had it coming after that stupid stunt. Wasn't sure Deputy Mark had been bitten too - was it just blood from when Chuck stabbed him?
    Stopping to check the phone when they did was awful stupid however - not sure I would have done that w/ biters at the door.

Yeah when the other guard (name escapes me now) asked about marks wound one of the convicts remarked it's only a scratch most of the blood is not his own.
    So possible he could be infected through blood getting into spear\stab wound
    Using the phone when z,s are banging door down is dumb
    But also arguing about anything when your holding a door from certain death is so stupid
    I find it hard to not put myself in that position and end up in my head shouting ( "don't do that ya stupid xxxxx) but I suppose the aim of a good drama is to engage you so much that you Feel the need to Shout srceam or laugh at the decisions they make

Oh only waiting for the moment when freddo(spelling) explodes
    Also the twin towers jail is where " ink" was housed so won't be long till all that **** hits the fan

On a different note started the cleansed only on episode 1 now but so far so good

Yeah - I thought the same on the "most of the blood isn't his" bit.

Yeah - Fredo, or whatever, is a wild card. Maybe he'll become a Behemoth?
    If I remember correctly, wasn't Ink being transferred when it goes down? Can't remember...

Also - the Family's they mentioned in prior episode. I'm guessing this matches up w/ one that Angel, Durai, Scratch and Latch were part of? Ran across a mention of them looking for info on Ink. Wonder which one they were part of....

Re-listening to the entire We're Alive series for the first time in ages. It still holds up really well to anything currently being produced for podcasts. As of June 1 the We're Alive team has a new project up - not sure when it starts but I think its the story of a different group during the same outbreak. 
    Lockdown as great. I'm really looking forward to whatever comes next.

• Advertisement
Advertisement