Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Finishing up a PCP

• 21-01-2019 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm coming to the end of my PCP agreement in March. We've decided to keep the car and pay the balloon - was kind of our plan all along.

Just wondering what is the actual process for this?

Do we need to call the finance office/pay by cheque/money transfer?

No clue what to expect!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

tusk wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I'm coming to the end of my PCP agreement in March. We've decided to keep the car and pay the balloon - was kind of our plan all along.

Just wondering what is the actual process for this?

Do we need to call the finance office/pay by cheque/money transfer?

No clue what to expect!

Cheers
    It should be described in your pcp contract. VW takes the ballon payment by DD a month after the last monthly payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Yep, the final agreed payment is just taken from the Direct Debit account. If you call VW Bank they'll give you the settlement date on which your account will be debited to ensure you've the balance in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Yeah I need to root the documentation out. It's for a Hyundai, so went through BOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

tusk wrote: »
    Yeah I need to root the documentation out. It's for a Hyundai, so went through BOI.

Ah sorry, saw VW in first reply and assumed :o Presume it's same with BOI, a call to them should give you the date. But that's how it worked with VW for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Just call them and advise you want to pay off and get terms over 1, 2 or 3 years or the structure on offer. Confirm and advise that payment date should be the same unless advised otherwise.

Very easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,365 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Do they offer finance on the balloon amount?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭JoeA3

colm_mcm wrote: »

Yeah I’d say most of them do. It would probably be more of a traditional loan or HP type of arrangement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Cheers folks. Still too lazy to actually find the documentation.

We have the balloon payment there ready to go, so no need to worry about refinancing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

BMW do and double interest rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭GavMan

BMW do and double interest rate.

Which is probably still cheaper than most bank HP offerings

• Advertisement

GavMan wrote: »

Or personal loan/credit union presumably.

Wonder if it’s tied to the car though, ie can you sell the car with the loan outstanding?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

GavMan wrote: »

Public service credit unions are about 6% so it made no sense to stay with BMW anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭Wheety

Or personal loan/credit union presumably.

Wonder if it’s tied to the car though, ie can you sell the car with the loan outstanding?

If you pay off the PCP with a bank loan, you now own the car (if you didn't use the car as security).

Wheety wrote: »
    If you pay off the PCP with a bank loan, you now own the car (if you didn't use the car as security).

I’m saying with whatever arrangement VW Bank are offering.

Advertisement