Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Accessories for a telescope

• 20-11-2020 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I've been researching getting a new 'decent' beginners telescope, and with them all out of stock I have plenty of time to research! I'm hoping to get a 130mm Parabolic Newtonian if I can.

Anyhow, apart from the Telescope itself, I'm also researching accessories, that may or may not come with the Telescope. The following seem to be the most recommended.

Barlow x2
    Laser Collimator
    Better eyepieces if needed
    Fliters

I have a question about the Filters. For the Moon, I've seen people recommend a specific 'Moon' filter, I've also seen Polariszing filters (including adjustable ones) being recommend, and also Blue Filters. If there was one type of filter to help with the Moon, and potentially other stuff too, which would you all recommend?

I've also seen a Light Pollution filter being advised, and I was wondering if that's a good idea to get? I leave in an estate on the edge of Naas, so there's a fair bit of light pollution, but darker skies aren't too far away from me.

Any advice appreciated, thanks!

Advertisement