Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020/2021 Premier League Injuries and Suspensions

Comments

Son went off mid game. It's not comparable.

I wasn't been critical. Just thought it was an interesting thought and I wouldn't put it past Jose.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Fitz* wrote: »
    Conveniently, he will heal just in time for the Spurs games after the International Break.

Players still have to be released to their country so they can assess their player for fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,768 ✭✭✭✭CSF

F1ngers wrote: »
    Players still have to be released to their country so they can assess their player for fitness.

Can’t imagine they’d call him out during a pandemic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

F1ngers wrote: »
    CSF wrote: »
    Can’t imagine they’d call him out during a pandemic though.

Would the likes of Son have to travel across the world to be assessed normally? or would they have someone independently based in Europe to check that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

No, but I do have a different theory.

FIFA are going to order clubs to release all players to their national teams for the upcoming International Break. Clubs were probably going to ask players to not travel, out of fear of entering a new dressing room with a new bubble etc and also heightened risk associated with travel but FIFA are ensuring that all players do travel.

So perhaps Spurs saying that Son has a small muscle injury so that he will not have to travel to Asia next week. Conveniently, he will heal just in time for the Spurs games after the International Break.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/29/sports/soccer/fifa-conmebol-world-cup-qualifying.html

I love a conspiracy theory, but Jose could have executed that plan at 65mns when they'd got a second. Can't see any manager taking off their top scorer when the game is still 1-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,768 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Would the likes of Son have to travel across the world to be assessed normally? or would they have someone independently based in Europe to check that?

Probably the latter tbh actually

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Shedite27 wrote:
    I love a conspiracy theory, but Jose could have executed that plan at 65mns when they'd got a second. Can't see any manager taking off their top scorer when the game is still 1-0

Yeah thats a fairly mad theory, why take him off at half time? Could have took him off at HT in the game last night instead or their EL game Thursday if he was going to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭COH

Richarlison twisted his ankle and was subbed off.
    Straight down the tunnel without assistance.

Allan pulled his groin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Apologies but I can't seem to view this tweet. What did it say?

Apologies but I can't seem to view this tweet. What did it say?

No prob.
    Podence named in the #POR squad. The #Wolves attacker was also seen in training today as he continues his recovery from a shoulder injury.

https://twitter.com/NUFC/status/1311956210111967240?s=20

Could really do without this Lascelles injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Rumour floating around Mane has tested positive for Covid and didn't train today

• Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Rumour floating around Mane has tested positive for Covid and didn't train today

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1312135357371092992

• Registered Users Posts: 8,566 ✭✭✭shmeee

ShaneU wrote: »

Runours were right. TAA also mentioned in these "rumours" .

shmeee wrote: »
    Runours were right. TAA also mentioned in these "rumours" .

Who else was mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,046 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Trent trained alright, but there was rumours of 6 the other day. Mane is 1. Maybe Thiago 2? We'll find out tomorrow I guess.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1312327242970812416?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Trent trained alright, but there was rumours of 6 the other day. Mane is 1. Maybe Thiago 2? We'll find out tomorrow I guess.

Could be staff too.

• Advertisement

The PL said there were 10 positive cases on Monday - list of pool players not in squad for the cup game include:

Allison
    Mane
    Thiago,
    Keita
    Henderson
    Bobby

Most of them were pictured in training on Friday, so hard to know if there is anyone else or if the PL tests include staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,046 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Ya possibly staff. Or even young players.

There does seem to be a lot of rumours regarding Liverpool in general so it's hard to know which ones to believe. For example I remember one about Robertson missus going into labour pre Man City a couple seasons ago and that he would miss the game. He played the game but it turns out she was due to give birth, so a half truth.

There was a lot of rumours around Thiago & Alisson before the Arsenal game, that they had Covid and not muscle injuries and again, they have-turned out to be true. Alisson was roommates with Thiago for the Chelsea game so that is why both had extra tests to the normal PL ones. Thiago had it and Alisson didn't, hence why he played.

But the city of Liverpool as a whole is under pressure now with covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Sterling out of Internationals "injured"

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

5 /irish out of todays game with Covid related issues. No names yet but I suppose Doherty/Egan/Stevens/McCarthy/Hendrick/Robinson may have small ownership

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

May see a lot of people thinking of shipping him out

• Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Last time I transferred KDB out before an Arsenal game he scored 19 points

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ros1234

I did the same last season, cost me a monthly prise in all! I got him back in the following week and held onto for the rest of the season, although I captained him the last 2 weeks so he's due a haul!

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    Last time I transferred KDB out before an Arsenal game he scored 19 points

Quite a lot will transfer him out not just caused he's flagged, but also because City were out of sorts prior to the break, there are a lot of players returning points this season, and gotta wonder how long the masses will give KdB - city's upcoming games aren't great on paper.

His price dropping even makes it worse - because those who have moved on, will be able to get him back in possibly cheaper.

Advertisement