Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Tombom1

If you are in third level you likely can access https://www.irishnewsarchive.com/ for free through your student account online ,you can for NUIG anyways.

I am now wondering if there's any other resources for genealogy I can access for free.Ive been reading lots of local history books in the library/special collections.Is there any specific to genealogy?My ancestors were all famers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Rootsireland 25% discount on annual sub.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

https://familyhistorydaily.com/free-genealogy-resources/free-irish-genealogy-records-st-patricks-day-2019/

Some free Irish records available on Ancestry and My Heritage for St. Patrick's weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Claire Santry reports 40% off on FMP Ultimate sub. She says
    FindMyPast.com (none of the other FMP 'territories') is offering a 40% discount on its 12-month Ultimate subscription. This is the sub that gives you access to everything in FindMyPast's collection, including the British and Irish newspaper collection.

To take up the offer, you need to sign up for the sub before 23.59 GMT, Friday 29 March.

After the initial 12 month period, your subscription will be automatically renewed at the normal price unless you un-tick the ‘auto-renew my subscription’ box in the My Account section of the site. It's easy enough to do.

When I logged in, best I could see was 26% off.

Enter discount code Pat40offULTEUS at the bottom of the page to get 40% off. That comes to $8.95/month, billed as a single payment of $107.40.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭JDERIC2017

Just signed up for another year with the 40% off. Happy St Patricks day all. Off to Glasnevin tomorrow to look for some grave stones, most of the time there are none but last week I found a relative going back to 1847....

• Advertisement

You know the museum will tell you if there's a headstone without going?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

Ancestry DNA offer ends 27/03/19

Currently only 71Euro (Plus shipping)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Thanks Leck (and Claire S) I've succumbed. I was toying with the idea of a newspaper archive subscription, but that 40%from FMP pushed me over the edge.

Thanks Leck (and Claire S) I've succumbed. I was toying with the idea of a newspaper archive subscription, but that 40%from FMP pushed me over the edge.
    Just keep an eye out for future promotions. If a better one comes up, say 50%, they are good about switching you to the lower rate.

I got 50% off an Ancestry sub yesterday. I cancelled on St Patrick's Day as it was about to renew at full price. I rang twice but couldn't get them to budge on price. But third time lucky - yesterday the CSR offered me 50% off the World Explorer for six months - full price would be $149, I got it for $74. I do have a US credit card and address and think the US deals are always better than those available for the UK site. Of course once you log on, at least with World sub, you wouldn't know which site you're on.

So if you want to buy/renew an Ancestry sub, keep pestering them until you get a good deal.

• Advertisement

Irish News Archive offering 50% off subscriptions for the moon landing anniversary. Use code Moon50.

I've taken out an annual sub for the first time so I won't be bugging you lovely people for look-ups until at least next July! And very happy to do quid pro quo.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

That's good to see. I've availed of it in the past and it's well worth it at that price.

Genealogy Forum Mod

/Thread split for useful other topic. We'll keep this one just for offers.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Diaell

DNA test kits

Ancestry DNA Kit €59 + shipping (Normally €95 + Shipping)
    Standard Shipping €9.99 (7-10 Business Days)
    Expedited Shipping €19.99 (1-2 Business Days)
    Ends Monday 2nd Dec 2019

23AndMe
    Ancestry + Traits Service €79 + Shipping (Normally €99 + Shipping)
    Health + Ancestry Service €84 + Shipping (Normally €169 + Shipping)
    Standard Shipping €9.99 (4-5 Business Days)
    Express Shipping €19.99 (3-4 Business Days)
    Ends Monday 2nd Dec 2019

MyHeritage
    MyHeritage DNA kit €49 + Shipping ( Normally €79 + Shipping)
    Standard Shipping €9 (4-6 Business Days)
    Expedited Shipping €19 (1-2 Business Days)
    FREE shipping on 2+ kits
    (Says it ends in 3 days so I'm guessing Friday 29th Nov 2019)

Some good deals from Legacy Family Tree.

https://legacy.familytreewebinars.com/black-friday-c321.php

50% off an annual sub for their webinars (got this one €22.70)
    50% off Legacy family tree software

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Diaell

irishnewsarchive.com

50% off all subscriptions
    Looks to work on both Monthly and Annual subscriptions.
    For Silver Membership or Radical Membership use the code Black50
    For Gold Membership use the code Gold50

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭montgo

Deleted as it was a Repeat of above offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cat_r

FamilyTreeDNA
    DNA kit $49 (about €45) (includes shipping)
    Free shipping offer.
    Ends Tuesday 3rd December.
    Diaell wrote: »
    DNA test kits

Ancestry DNA Kit €59 + shipping (Normally €95 + Shipping)
    Standard Shipping €9.99 (7-10 Business Days)
    Expedited Shipping €19.99 (1-2 Business Days)
    Ends Monday 2nd Dec 2019

23AndMe
    Ancestry + Traits Service €79 + Shipping (Normally €99 + Shipping)
    Health + Ancestry Service €84 + Shipping (Normally €169 + Shipping)
    Standard Shipping €9.99 (4-5 Business Days)
    Express Shipping €19.99 (3-4 Business Days)
    Ends Monday 2nd Dec 2019

MyHeritage
    MyHeritage DNA kit €49 + Shipping ( Normally €79 + Shipping)
    Standard Shipping €9 (4-6 Business Days)
    Expedited Shipping €19 (1-2 Business Days)
    FREE shipping on 2+ kits
    (Says it ends in 3 days so I'm guessing Friday 29th Nov 2019)

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭montgo

Note, I ordered 6 x MyHeritage kits at 49$ early December last year but the kits did not arrive until mid January. Good price!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Leeside

On ancestry.com you can send a membership gift with a 50% discount off the six monthly and annual rates. My membership was about to be renewed in a couple of weeks so I cancelled it and sent myself a gift (from a different email address to my current membership email address) to start the day after cancellation.

Even though the sales tax is high, I calculate it is a saving of about 45 euros on the 12 month renewal price on ancestry.co.uk.

The offer expires on the 2nd December but the gift can commence anytime within the next 90 days so it might be worth looking at if your membership is due to expire before then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭BowWow

Ancestry Premium Membership for 12 months priced at £59.99 today.

Great value! Just renewed for the year. Was £119.99 coming up to Christmas.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Already have an Ancestry sub myself so hoping Find My Past make a similar offer.

Genealogy Forum Mod

With so many people having to be at home at present I'm surprised that there's not a load of "Black Friday" type deals out.

I would think there would be serious take up.

The next offer period usually comes with DNA day in mid April.

Genealogy Forum Mod

pinkypinky wrote: »
    The next offer period usually comes with DNA day in mid April.

Agreed, but not really thinking along the lines of DNA testing. More like Ancestry, FMP and newspaper archive subs. With staying at home I'm spending more hours that ever before at the computer (funnily enough, Mrs. BowWow is no longer commenting on the amount of time I'm at it!).
    A reduced sub to the likes of those I mentioned could be a marketing winner. There must be a lot of "older" people who usually research in winter, but would be out and about in the better weather. Those people are indoors now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,352 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

My Heritage says it's offering free access to all U.S. census records through April 5, 2020.
    The United States is about to start collecting the 2020 U.S. Census, and to mark this once-in-a-decade event we’re offering you FREE access to all U.S. census records on MyHeritage, now through until April 5, 2020. Census records provide a unique view into the lives of your ancestors, making them a basic foundation of family history research. With 700 million records from 54 U.S. census collections, you’re likely to make some fascinating family history discoveries. We invite you to search the collection now. Read more about U.S. census records on our blog. The MyHeritage team

Can't see anything out there for Easter....

BowWow wrote: »
    Can't see anything out there for Easter....

I spoke to soon - looks like ancestry.co.uk is free till Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭pummice

Can you view public member trees with free ancestry

Advertisement