Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rocket League

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

PSN: MrSirhc

I'm on now but house minding and on a terrible eircom line so its a bit laggy for me!

This game is great fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Played for a few hours, but too much of the same thing over and over to keep me interested.

Would be a lot more fun playing with mates than strangers online.
    Nothing more iritating than watching an idiot teammate score own goals, or knocking you out of the way of your shot to knock the ball wide of the goal before you score.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Its just they're so many new people. The old game had about 3-400 regular players so it was much more competitive. It'll calm down after a couple of weeks and then you'll really be able to see what can be done in the game, flying is a whole new level of skill and strategy.

Its just they're so many new people. The old game had about 3-400 regular players so it was much more competitive. It'll calm down after a couple of weeks and then you'll really be able to see what can be done in the game, flying is a whole new level of skill and strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Can you play split screen online, where there is only one PSN plus account on the playstation and the second (PSN, but not Plus) account can come online as a guest, or how does split screen online work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I am soooooo bad at this game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Looking to have some craic online aswell lads, very average at the game but the laugh makes up for my lack of skillz

PSN: wonda3oy

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Next big patch will supposedly add cross platform parties available so maybe then wonda. Just like BF3 days :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Anyone on pc playing? Servers seemed to be down a bit today but I improved since yesterday. Although this game makes ye look like a plonker all the time so ye never get too confident

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I havent had as much playing a game in a long time. RL is amazing!

Anyone got any tips for aerials? Nearly always miss the ball :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Bought it yesterday but the servers were down. Gonna hopefully get some games later.

Severs are really bad, last night was terrible. Could not even start a private exhibition game ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Servers were fine for me last night. Managed to get a 6 player party all connected for a few hours without issue.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Disappointed by their choice of name and theme tune, they've really gone backwards in that regard as a sequel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Polly Sonic

^^^^ Hipster Alert!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

^ I've been mainly using the Electric Car, it's carbon footprint is far smaller

^^^^ Hipster Alert!!!

Dat theme though!

On topic though, hopefully they bring back some of the old, crazier arenas and hopefully they don't cost €5 per pop.

Dlc will always be free with psyonix.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Dat theme though!

On topic though, hopefully they bring back some of the old, crazier arenas and hopefully they don't cost €5 per pop.

They already said they were going to add free content including maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

ah crashing and servers, annoying was lookin' forward to a few games

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    Dlc will always be free with psyonix.

Cool, haven't been keeping up with this release at all.

They're one of the best indie Developers I've seen. Have been updating SARPBC and keeping it going for years with a pretty small community. It's great they got support from Sony with this release, hopefully big things to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

All maps will be free as they dont want to divide the players into 2 groups. One of the maps they're working on is meant to be similar to Utopia from SARPBC. They are adding paid content too(2 new cars/forget the rest)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Been really enjoying this on PS4 over the past few days. I am finding that it is nearly impossible to find a game after about half 10 \ 11.

Sounds like the servers are being overloaded or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Great fun this, add me if you want to play (PS4): SmudgeDope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Last night Summit1g bet sodapoppin $800 worth of csgo knives on BO5 2v2 and it was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. It'll be on twitch past broadcasts if you enjoy streams it'll be right up your street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Polly Sonic

When you hit a shot and it's heading straight for goal and someone tries to steal your goal only to knock it wide :mad: :mad: :mad:

When you mis-judge it and full out turbo past the ball with an open goal with the ball creeping literally on the line.....OHHHH TAKE THE SHAME!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

When you're boosting towards the goal to score an open goal and you miss the ball and get so lost in the goals

Happened more than once

• Advertisement

Anyone on for a few games? Looking for some practice!

Advertisement