Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone into Funko Pop Vinyl

• 14-05-2015 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭

Thought this might be best place to post, considering it mostly have comic book links, relating to both the characters available and also the sort of locations that sell them.

Just wondering if anyone collects these or buys them, and recommendations on where to buy.

I've been looking online and the usual reliables (ebay and amazon) are quit expensive with shipping. Checked a few UK recommendations and they are also very expensive.

Forbidden planet and Big bang were recommended. Big Bang have no online presence, and after e-mailing them the guy said they don't keep a stock list/availability check as it changes so often. Forbidden planets website seems to indicate they are mostly out of stock, constantly.

So just interested if anyone is into them, where do they buy them.

i'm looking to put together a small DC collection as a start.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

In the shops. Have you given them a list of the ones you wanted? 'be that hard for them to check if they have them or not.

DCC Funko pop stock pics Bear in mind a lot of the older ones are no longer in stock now.

The big bang too keeps an track of what it gets in Via their Facebook page.
    Big Bang Funkos

But again the older figures tend to be outa stock.
    Both stores are worth calling in to. And it's easier to decide what you want when its on front of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Yeah Big Bang got in touch to say two I wanted were not in stock, but oddly said they couldn't give me a price either. Don't know if they didn't want to order them in for me not to take them or something, but without a price I'm obviously not interested.

Dublin City Comics there seem to have some of the ones I want in the pictures, but again probably a case of having to make a trip in to actually see what they have in stock.

To be honest I've found Forbiddenplanet have a dedicated UK site(google was sending me to their international site that has **** all stock) and they have in stock the ones I want, at decent prices and handy enough shipping, so will probably go with them for now.

I used to work in town so the stores around there would have been handy to pop into, but a trip to Dundrum or City centre now would be massively out of the way. Maybe one of the weekends might have an idle trip into one or the other.

Thanks for the info though :)

Well have two on their way to me. Both batman, one from Forbidden plannet (their english website much better with stock etc., so parcel motel job) and another from ebay. Direct from China so potentially dodgy, wont know till I get it, but I won the bid at $3 which I was happy enough with.

Have a friend heading stateside I might ask to grab me one or two.

Will post pics when they arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Andrew_1

Can you remember what price shipping was?
    Ive also been looking around and shipping costs appear to be the most prevelant issue.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

Not a big fan of these things,My kids love them,But I did notice that Sub City And FP were selling them at a reduced rate at Dublin Comic Con last year, If You are planing to buy a lot it might be worth Your while paying for a Day ticket .

• Advertisement

Andrew_1 wrote: »
    Can you remember what price shipping was?
    Ive also been looking around and shipping costs appear to be the most prevelant issue.
    Thanks.

The ebay ones were a few euro.

Basically they fail QA, so get tossed into a large skip. And people go out to the factories and ferry through the skips for decent ones and sell them online.

The ones I've gotten so far have been pretty much perfect. Problem is always dented boxes, so it's why "true collectors" kinda recommend against them. But I buy pop vinyl and take them out of the box, as I've no interest in making this generate value for down the line, they are for display only.

Will share the link when I get home. Bought five now from this ebay seller and all were perfect bar some dents in the box.

although I'm going to try get into a routine of going to that Big Bang place. I'm into buying physical comics now rather then digital, might move my pop vinyl purchasing to their too. Make a trip once a month to pickup a volume or two of what I'm reading, and a new vinyl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Just picked up my first 2 of these. Black Widow and Iron Man mark 43. Is there any sort of defined list with the ones available. There seems to be a lot available online but bricks and mortars seem to have all the same ones(don't live in Dublin)

Antibac wrote: »
    Just picked up my first 2 of these. Black Widow and Iron Man mark 43. Is there any sort of defined list with the ones available. There seems to be a lot available online but bricks and mortars seem to have all the same ones(don't live in Dublin)

Yeah there is various sites. If you go to the funkpop subreddit you will see lots of resources of whats available and whats being released.

They typically are exclusives to places like gamestop, walmart , target, US cons etc. Basically the US has a lot of exclusives.

From what I can tell from the Dublin stores they just order from the common pool, although I noticed Big Bang had some exclusives for €20 which was good value.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Yeah there is various sites. If you go to the funkpop subreddit you will see lots of resources of whats available and whats being released.

They typically are exclusives to places like gamestop, walmart , target, US cons etc. Basically the US has a lot of exclusives.

From what I can tell from the Dublin stores they just order from the common pool, although I noticed Big Bang had some exclusives for €20 which was good value.

Cheers Doc

By any chance do you remember any of the exclusives that they had? I've tried contacting them re them but it's very hard by mail to find out what they have and they have no list because the range changes so much

Cheers Doc

By any chance do you remember any of the exclusives that they had? I've tried contacting them re them but it's very hard by mail to find out what they have and they have no list because the range changes so much

Yeah still irritates me they don't have an online store. Never mind ordering online, just even a stock count and price list so I don't have to keep e-mailing about stuff, its nice just to browse.

some of the exclusives were unmasked variants and recolours, few metallic ones aswell. Mostly Dc variants from what I remember, batman, superman flash etc.

• Advertisement

For anyone collecting these Tesco have reduced them to 6.74. Selection wasn't great in Drogheda. Picked up an Ironman and Batman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

With the Signing tomorrow. The Big Bang have offered this on the Funko Pops
    Ok, since a good few of you emailed and rang to ask, we've decided to do an extra deal on the Pop Vinyls this weekend, from 2PM onwards!
    1 OR 2 POP VINYLS - 10% OFF!
    3 OR MORE POP VINYLS - 20% OFF!

For anyone collecting these Tesco have reduced them to 6.74. Selection wasn't great in Drogheda. Picked up an Ironman and Batman

wow that sounds decent!

Have never seen pop vinyl in tesco

wow that sounds decent!

Have never seen pop vinyl in tesco

Yea we have one of the big ones here and they had then in the toy aisle

Seems Easons have taken in an entire new range of Pop vinyl.

Picked up Scarface today for €14.99 while just idly browsing.

Pic of the Scarface I pickedup, along with Hulk and Ultron which my sister brought me back from the states

UOHy9lVDe3M0-HInyr8fItT8lhlnnxKX-sq1q2oUjvA=w723-h963-no

Rest of the collection

WvcsKhBlDsEDi2JBxg1hJ_T86HqO8qV30WPO8kOsS50=w723-h963-no

Pic of the Scarface I pickedup, along with Hulk and Ultron which my sister brought me back from the states

UOHy9lVDe3M0-HInyr8fItT8lhlnnxKX-sq1q2oUjvA=w723-h963-no

Rest of the collection

WvcsKhBlDsEDi2JBxg1hJ_T86HqO8qV30WPO8kOsS50=w723-h963-no

Nice- just picked up The 10th Doctor,Ray Gun Stewie and Ghostbusters Ecto 1 myself

Rumours Smyths are going to be running a 20% of everything in store this weekend(bar the usual excludes) So Pop Vinyl could well be on discount for this weekend in Smyths stores.

They have normally a decent selection. Went into Toys R Us now they have opened here and they had a terrible selection. Avengers Thor and that was literally it....

Rumours Smyths are going to be running a 20% of everything in store this weekend(bar the usual excludes) So Pop Vinyl could well be on discount for this weekend in Smyths stores.

They have normally a decent selection. Went into Toys R Us now they have opened here and they had a terrible selection. Avengers Thor and that was literally it....

I'm hoping they are included also as have held of purchasing 1 or 2 I want just in case they are included. However the last 2 promotions Pops where one of the exclusions

I'm hoping they are included also as have held of purchasing 1 or 2 I want just in case they are included. However the last 2 promotions Pops where one of the exclusions

Funko Pops not included in the sale in the Drogheda store.

I did see Tesco have made space with a label for Frozen, Star Wars, Avengers and also assorted pops. They hadn't come in yet.Again this was in Drogheda and in the Big store that carries Electricals etc

• Advertisement

GameStop running a 3 for 2 on these if anyone's still collecting!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone any ideas of cheap places to buy more of these, got a weird addiction to them right now even though I only have 2 so far :p

Picked up Rocket Racoon from Guardians of the Galaxy for €5 in Smyths and also got Oswald Cobblepot in a 3 for 2 deal which worked out as €6.70 each...

Anyone any ideas of cheap places to buy more of these, got a weird addiction to them right now even though I only have 2 so far :p

Picked up Rocket Racoon from Guardians of the Galaxy for €5 in Smyths and also got Oswald Cobblepot in a 3 for 2 deal which worked out as €6.70 each...

Yeah I picked up three in Smyths two weeks ago in their 3 for 2 deal. Gamestop were also running a 3 for 2.

I'm typically picking one or two up a month when I go into BigBang grabbing my comics etc. And then just spur of the moment purchases in places like Smyths and Gamestop.

General pricing is €14.99 across the board which is I guess fine. ForbiddenPlanet run some clearances in store now and then.

I did get a good seller on ebay who sold what are like the QA rejects, damaged boxes but the figures were fine. Got some for like a dollar and then a few dollars shipping. They have the same ones over and over though so I havn't gone back to buy

Must take an updated photo of my collection. New rented house I moved into had a nice shelving unit in the corner of the room that is nice storage. There is a shelving thing behind my monitors that I put them initially, but when got my PC setup the monitors were blocking them all

QtI400O.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Nice setup, yeah will be looking out for Smyths and Gamestop deals (usually I hate Gamestop as they are a rip off, but 3 for 2 is alright I suppose).. Really want to get The Joker, Batman, Mulder from X Files and Nathan Drake...

Smyths have the Anger from Inside Out for 10euro, lifted it up and it weighs as much as about 3 other POP!'s ...

With sterling a bit in the tank at the moment, a really good time to get some Pop Vinyl.

I've just ordered three for Forbidden Planet UK, €40 shipped using parcel motel. Two of them are pre-orders.

Star Wars Bobba Fett
    Star Wars Ep 7 Luke Skywalker
    Overwatch Reaper

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭racersedge

With sterling a bit in the tank at the moment, a really good time to get some Pop Vinyl.

I've just ordered three for Forbidden Planet UK, €40 shipped using parcel motel. Two of them are pre-orders.

Star Wars Bobba Fett
    Star Wars Ep 7 Luke Skywalker
    Overwatch Reaper

If you don't mind me asking - how did you find the packaging faring with regards to using Parcel Motel? I had considered it but was thinking giving the size of packaging, it might be too big for using PM? Course, would like to hear I'm wrong! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I decided to start collecting some of these and picked up my first few at Dublin Comic Con a few weeks ago - got Green Arrow and Speedy from Arrow, Captain Cold from The Flash, The Ninth Doctor from Doctor Who, and Bobby from Supernatural (since Jim Beaver was in the building I felt it'd be rude not to... ;) )

Hopefully gonna pick up a few more next time I'm in town or down in Dundrum - top of my list is The Flash anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I decided to start collecting some of these and picked up my first few at Dublin Comic Con a few weeks ago - got Green Arrow and Speedy from Arrow, Captain Cold from The Flash, The Ninth Doctor from Doctor Who, and Bobby from Supernatural (since Jim Beaver was in the building I felt it'd be rude not to... ;) )

Hopefully gonna pick up a few more next time I'm in town or down in Dundrum - top of my list is The Flash anyway.

Dundrum has a 30% sale on merchandise tomorrow if that's any use to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Dundrum has a 30% sale on merchandise tomorrow if that's any use to you?

Cool. Might head down as it's only down the road from me, but then again Dundrum at the weekend's is just full of eejits so I generally try to avoid it as much as possible during weekends/school holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Cool. Might head down as it's only down the road from me, but then again Dundrum at the weekend's is just full of eejits so I generally try to avoid it as much as possible during weekends/school holidays.

I was there today. The store wasn't overly busy but the shopping centre was bananas. Got 7 GNs for €35 though!

Advertisement