Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

Mr.S wrote: »
    around 800.

And Academy2 would be smaller. Dunno what cap would be though. Maybe 100,120?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 TheCrimsonClown

So I just bought tickets for Brandon Flowers and I notice in the confirmation email it says: "Tickets being held at the Box Office can only be retrieved by the card holder with the original credit card used for this purchase. Please also bring your booking confirmation number."

This can't be true can it? Surely there's thousand of people like me who don't have a credit card and use their parents' one for stuff like this? Can anyone shed some light on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

So I just bought tickets for Brandon Flowers and I notice in the confirmation email it says: "Tickets being held at the Box Office can only be retrieved by the card holder with the original credit card used for this purchase. Please also bring your booking confirmation number."

This can't be true can it? Surely there's thousand of people like me who don't have a credit card and use their parents' one for stuff like this? Can anyone shed some light on this?

I would reckon that you would be alright. Once you bring the print off with the confirmation number. As always, there are no guarantees but all I can say is that I have never had to get my credit card out provided that I have the confirmation print-off with me. That's just my experience. Others may differ.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 TheCrimsonClown

mal1 wrote: »
    I would reckon that you would be alright. Once you bring the print off with the confirmation number. As always, there are no guarantees but all I can say is that I have never had to get my credit card out provided that I have the confirmation print-off with me. That's just my experience. Others may differ.

Where any of those times at The Academy? I'd imagine it might vary depending on how strict they are at certain venues.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

Yes but only once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Toast

Picked up tickets my brother booked at The Academy before with the receipt. They asked me to confirm the address they were booked under is all. If you are worried take a photocopy of the credit card with you but I doubt you'll need it unless you make them think you are dodgy somehow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

A V A wrote: »
    barrier question about the o2 (again)

is the barrier far away from the stage in the o2?? and is it high up?

?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

mal1 wrote: »

I had to pick up tickets for green day in wembley stadium as they decided they weren't shipping them to ireland....didnt have enough time apparntly (even though i ordered in the presales...7 months before the gig :eek:)
    They asked me to confirm my address, and provide my signature..and were slightly wary about giving them out. (Signature to prove it was my card..may be more awkward if it's not your own card...and yes i'd have just bought the card..but it was a 3v voucher.long gone)

So your milage may vary...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Didnt know exactly where to put this so thought here might do. Just wondering if anyone knows if they have to be printed in colour or will black and white do? I know its really the barcode and thats in black and white but do they care seeing as it is a colourfull print?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I've only done that once before, but black and white wasn't a problem then. As you say, it's all about the barcode.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭hynesie08

When i booked tickets for kevin smith i showed up at vicar street and all they asked for was the credit card. no i.d no booking confirmation nothing. so if your that worried i'd check with the parents if you can take the card for the evening just to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 electromuffin

Hey I was wondering how strict the Tripod are on ID? Jimmy Eat World are playing there in November with support from Minus The Bear who I love more than anything! And very sadly I'm underage. My parents are okay with me going but I don't know if the bouncers would still let me in? So I was wondering would it be a good idea to chance it ?

barrier question about the o2 (again)

is the barrier far away from the stage in the o2?? and is it high up?

again . . ????

again . . ????

it's the usual distance from the barrier. (ie more then arm's reach, about double) and the usual height...(ie: you'll be able to see the band with no problem)

cheer for replying

i was trying to look at pic of the o2 and ot looks very high up from the barrier and far away , the point wasnt like that

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ghostbusthat

I get served in off licences, shops, bars etc without getting asked but I got asked going into a gig in the Academy2 a few months back. A lot of people who looked older than me did too.

Having said that, if it was my favourite band, I'd chance it. If you hang around the door if yer turned away chances are one of the lads on the door will tell ya to go on in. That's happened me before.
    Was is The Academy when yer man on the door left you in?

another question for a friend thats beside me :P

are there toilets beside the o2??? is there a place near buy to go ( not a bush or a wall ) buy if not that will do , but if you need to do a number 2 ??:P;)

another question for a friend thats beside me :P

are there toilets beside the o2??? is there a place near buy to go ( not a bush or a wall ) buy if not that will do , but if you need to do a number 2 ??:P;)

There's no toilets near the o2. It'd be a 10-15 minutes walk i'd say :pac:

yea thats no bother , but just thought with all the new places that were built aroudn it i thought there would be a shop r a caffe or something you know

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Anyone else having problems buying tickets on ticketmaster today? Trying to buy a ticket to see Paramore, but it says my card number is invalid/does not match card type.

WTF!! its fecking annoying, cause its an ulsterbank Visa credit card, and im putting in all the number repeatedly. doing it with and without spaces/ everything. ugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ghostbusthat

Sorry for another question about this, but does anyone have any experience with Cyprus Avenue, are they strict with ID?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

There's no toilets near the o2. It'd be a 10-15 minutes walk i'd say :pac:

wrong, 2 mins walk away in reception of Gibson Hotel

really:)

do they let you , or you just walk in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Sorry for another question about this, but does anyone have any experience with Cyprus Avenue, are they strict with ID?

Well I saw 65daysofstatic in May, and they asked me and all my friends for ID, and I definitely don't look 18 anymore. So take from that what you will.

I have my own question;
    I saw Rage in the O2 in June, and saw how simple it was to go to the standing area if you had a seating ticket. I was just wondering is it that easy all the time to get to the standing area? It's just I got a seated ticket for Arcade Fire and I'd much rather not be in the seated section for the show...

hmmm ye i thought so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 XxXNIMRODXxX

are my tickets seats or standing..?
    they say the seat numbers when i went to print them out and then i print them out and they say 'ground floor standin u16s must be acco by parent guardian'

I cant remember which i ordered!

it says ...
    section: Stand
    Number: G_ 858

they say the seat numbers when i went to print them out and then i print them out and they say 'ground floor standin u16s must be acco by parent guardian'

it says ...

"section:Stand" :rolleyes:

it says ...

i thought that with mine when i first got them but they are standing tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

Need help here ,

Bought 2 tickets for Joe Bonamassa in October at Vicar Street ..

Im only 16 . My dad called up vicar and the promoter for the gig and they said strictly over 18's . Now my dad went to Vicar and was talking to a Bar man who said there are kids there all the time and that as long as im not at the bar there will be no problem

And also while im at it we booked table seats , it said seats 3&4 row 42?? Looking at the map seats 3&4 are right at the top infront of the stage , thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Arseways

Hi,

i got tickets to see rodrigo y gabriela in nov, in the grand canal theatre.

i haven't heard much about the venue, except that it's all seating. i was wondering if anyone out there would have any opinions on it, what's the venue like? what's parking like? is there a bar in the venue?

Advertisement