Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cliff diving spots around Ireland...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Jumped the old head jump a couple of days ago, was awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 youspots

great topic guys!

i was trying to find cliffdiving spots as well

me and a couple of friends running a page where you can insert cliffdiving spots and we have a few there... right now i redesign the forms to insert spots (every sport got its own form) and i really wonder what you guys would like to know if you want to visit a spot

would be sweet if you share some of you spots for people around the world

check out: www.youspots.com

bests!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jonjud

love this thread. im from california studying for the year and am loving that i can find some spots out here. if ay of you are ever in california i have some great spots that i know about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

These are all the spots I've found out about so far!

Old head beach Mayo
    Bundoran Donegal
    Westport
    Serpants Lair Aran Islands
    Baltimore Cork
    Strangford/BallyHornan Down
    Howe Strand Kinsale
    Harveys Cliff Tramore
    Lahinch Clare
    Bray Dublin
    Doolin Clare
    Puffin Island Kerry
    Crows nest Howth

Hope these help and if you folks know of any others please let us know! :)

Bump! Anyone got any new jumps they'd like to share?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 youspots

hey guys,

i would like to remind you to check out youspots as well as share your spots, this could be an ideal hub to find and share new spots for you guys...!

bests

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

A friend of mine and his brother created a video of a jump in Howth, Dunno if its Crows Nest or not, but looks pretty nice:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B4sdM7Q8lU

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

bazzosh wrote: »
    Hey just wondering if anybody has jumped glencar water fall?

Also the best jumps I have done are...

Puffin Island Kerry, Doolin Sea Arch Clare, O'Sullivans Cascades Kerry.

O'Sullivans Cascades Kerry? its kinda small

7BDC482AEB2F4DD2837EF70D9B65EC43-0000315669-0002108560-00800L-3A2533C6256149E0AAE05B487A0CBA30.jpg

fergusb wrote: »
    A friend of mine and his brother created a video of a jump in Howth, Dunno if its Crows Nest or not, but looks pretty nice:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B4sdM7Q8lU

Ah I've seen this! Epic stuff. I also loved their rurfing video!
    sheesh wrote: »
    O'Sullivans Cascades Kerry? its kinda small

7BDC482AEB2F4DD2837EF70D9B65EC43-0000315669-0002108560-00800L-3A2533C6256149E0AAE05B487A0CBA30.jpg

Wow that looks beautiful! Cheers for the link. It may be small but would still be a cool experience! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

not sure if you have seen this yet (i hadn't)
    it's a few years old

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAUlyOSe8Pc

looks unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Eoghanod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmi--lyWknw i know it aint a cliff but stull high enough, great fun as i do it most days durin the summer! its good cus u can go when the tide is high or low :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Ste_clectic

Serpents Lair on Inis Mor is one of the best in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Serpents Lair on Inis Mor is one of the best in the world.

Is that the spot in the red bull contest this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Ste_clectic

shortys94 wrote: »

Is that the spot in the red bull contest this year?

Sure is.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭fincollins

Anyone have a list of flooded quarries around/near dublin???

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

Back in the good old days when you only had 30 seconds of video to record on a camera

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mickmclaughin

Hi,

I did a 20 metre in Phi Phi, Thailand and haven't discovered any of that size in Ireland, anyone got an idea?

Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 9 irishflyingkid

Jayo Dee wrote: »
    bundoran co. donegal. i cnt give directions bt i went there with donegal adventure centre. look it up. its awesome :D

Ye I know i live in bundoran today was my first time at the boards (dont ask why)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 howey82

Did a blog post about the jumps in Howth, take a look: http://macanfarraige.blogspot.ie/2013/08/cliff-jumping-in-howth.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

howey82 wrote: »
    Did a blog post about the jumps in Howth, take a look: http://macanfarraige.blogspot.ie/2013/08/cliff-jumping-in-howth.html

Good post man. I've done 2 and 4, didn't know the others existed! I feel like you over simplified the pain it is to get there, but its a great spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 howey82

Hahah. Yeah, I probably did down play the rappelling down the cliff part. Didn't want to ruin the surprise! Cheers for the read.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Demosthenes

The wormhole/serpents lair out on inis mór
    Old head sea cliffs, Mayo
    There's a flooded quarry in Tipp, not exactly sure since it's a long time since I was there...could be Portroe maybe?

Also check out the diving board at blackrock, salthill, galway
    and the ferry pier out on inis bofin has a good bit of height off it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Great thread - thanks for the Howth blog

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

There is a good leap from St. Kevin's bed in Glendalough, 55ft I think - feels like a long time to think on the way down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Miloman123

flatface wrote: »
    There is a good leap from St. Kevin's bed in Glendalough, 55ft I think - feels like a long time to think on the way down.

Any videos of that jump can't find anything online

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

Miloman123 wrote: »
    Any videos of that jump can't find anything online

Not that I can find, and I'm not doing it again in a hurry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

Mad stuff! :)

Is Kevin's Bed 50+ft above the lake and is it deep there below? You'd wanna keep an eye out for the wardens too as swimming is off limits in the park!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

There's an awesome few at hook head in wexford where the scubadiving is also unbelievable! Dived twice there and off the cliffs. Paul Ayres from Dalkey Scuba-divers should be able to point you in the right direction. Just a couple of hours drive plus from Dublin too, dead handy! Awesome bar/nightclub/hotel on either side to stay in so you can walk from the dancefloor to bed in less than 2mins! Dinner is served, drink up then get divin, you'll feel better in no time!

• Advertisement

Cheers for all the info! Seven years later and still finding out about some good spots.

Advertisement