Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gilette deodorant 250ml 33cent each Boots

• 06-06-2014 7:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

Tall cans, mixed types. Must be a logo change or something similar. Was Eur2 each in clearence section, now 50cent each on a 3 for 2. So 3 cans for Eur1. Boots Baggot st branch, near St Stephens green. about 10 cans left yesterday. Not sure about strength etc., but a great price.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

got few couple weeks ago, there were "buy 2 get one free" priced e1 each, so 3 for e2, not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Is it this particular bottle (Cool Wave, spray), http://p2.zopnow.com/images/products/320/gillette-deodorant-3x-system-cool-wave-spray-150ml.png by any chance? If so, I'll take the trip down and pick up some - Dunnes has stopped selling it for some reason!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

WetDaddy wrote: »
    Dunnes has stopped selling it for some reason!

If its being sold for 33c in Boots, I suspect the reason is that its being withdrawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

i got last 2 a few hours ago, save urself the trip

brightkane wrote: »
    i got last 2 a few hours ago, save urself the trip

I'll give you 50 quid for them!!!

;-)

Thanks, I appreciate the heads up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

and i got artic ice, ! so might not be your scent!

• Site Banned Posts: 62 ✭✭Rainwaterman

MYOB wrote: »
    If its being sold for 33c in Boots, I suspect the reason is that its being withdrawn.
    The larger cans are being taken off the market to make way for the new smaller compressed cans.These new smaller cans claim to have the same amount of spray in them with less material used to make the can.
    Sure and Lynx have allready done it and also ramped up the price too.But yet its all about "the enviroment"

:) Cool Wave was what I was looking for. Popped into another Boots I was close to there, but they seem to have nothing except the armpit-touching gel (in Arctic Ice again). Not to worry - thanks anyway!

The larger cans are being taken off the market to make way for the new smaller compressed cans.These new smaller cans claim to have the same amount of spray in them with less material used to make the can.
    Sure and Lynx have allready done it and also ramped up the price too.But yet its all about "the enviroment"

Interesting. Do they have the same amount of liquid? I lost my last 150ml can going through security at Dublin airport (could have sworn it was 150ml at security, but it's 100ml; I may be thinking of the internal US flights...). Would be nice not to have to by a second "flight friendly" can for overnight trips.

• Site Banned Posts: 62 ✭✭Rainwaterman

WetDaddy wrote: »
    Interesting. Do they have the same amount of liquid? I lost my last 150ml can going through security at Dublin airport (could have sworn it was 150ml at security, but it's 100ml; I may be thinking of the internal US flights...). Would be nice not to have to by a second "flight friendly" can for overnight trips.
    I dont know is the honest answer.I thinks its all a big con job by these companies in that you actually pay more for less.But thats just me.Im just very cynical when it comes to these things.

• Advertisement
Advertisement