Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Master of Science in Data Science

Options
  • 09-01-2018 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

Anyone else taking this course this coming September?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

gerarda wrote: »
    Anyone else taking this course this coming September?

Just saw it exists, very interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CiaraOCL

Hello! Has anyone accepted a place on this course? I applied via Springboard, and accepted an offer shortly afterwards - fantastic opportunity to avail of highly sought after qualifications at 10% of the cost. Any feedback from graduates in terms of its delivery?
    I will be commuting from Waterford, would it be feasible to walk from the train station to the campus, or is it a bit of a jaunt? I know absolutely nothing about Carlow! Questions aplenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 vestedinterest

CiaraOCL wrote: »
    Hello! Has anyone accepted a place on this course? I applied via Springboard, and accepted an offer shortly afterwards - fantastic opportunity to avail of highly sought after qualifications at 10% of the cost. Any feedback from graduates in terms of its delivery?
    I will be commuting from Waterford, would it be feasible to walk from the train station to the campus, or is it a bit of a jaunt? I know absolutely nothing about Carlow! Questions aplenty.

I've been offered a place also but not sure yet whether I'll take it up. This would be a new area for me.

Carlow train station is a bit of a walk from the college. You're talking about half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CiaraOCL

I've been offered a place also but not sure yet whether I'll take it up. This would be a new area for me.

Carlow train station is a bit of a walk from the college. You're talking about half an hour.

Hey, many thanks for your reply.

Train may not be feasible then, sounds like a bit of a trek.

It’s a new area for me also - the programming aspect anyway! Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

CiaraOCL wrote: »
    Hey, many thanks for your reply.

Train may not be feasible then, sounds like a bit of a trek.

It’s a new area for me also - the programming aspect anyway! Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I've studied some programming and Maths in the past so on paper this course is a very good fit for me. I suppose my greatest concern would be whether I'm committing myself to a Dublin commute indefinitely...in my current profession work is available locally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 alindublinezu

Hi everyone,

I was accepted today at this Msc and I want to accept the offer but I cannot find the timetable with the hours when will be the courses.

I'm afraid that I cannot fit the work and I will be thankful if someone has the timetable.

Many thanks
    Alan

Sorry, I can't post the link.

The timetable is currently showing a full day Wednesday and Friday, and Thursday mornings also.

Hi everyone,

I was accepted today at this Msc and I want to accept the offer but I cannot find the timetable with the hours when will be the courses.

I'm afraid that I cannot fit the work and I will be thankful if someone has the timetable.

Many thanks
    Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

seMmvG0fHipSiEHoiqKfhzAM3oMAEKg3IduBdiRD9_WGvZZed7XZ4tVbZYPHCVZ3x3BhfDq-6uL46WgoM2cVgYQIT01bUAb3SJljIAAEaBm543Y9dm-mt3-Zc3HRK7nycZtcBd_qjCw4EA9EOa1GqmmQlVqfITOpASpVqBdMKutoD3d3HkT9GoAmIDI5fFwMgtGvhEKwkVB0jtEFKzMpV2QJ4BYL-SX-rg-Tjc1ds86vxP3wVDvHGJUBoEIYFtRgcOBvR9MBa-t6_BZivuGDoLjGn1O4ayDd8b_OWQnVdI_wshXcZEoghc3Jug_yGwDA_TzLzRrpwoCWmnM8DQ3F3fIxw-wqAgmYQKAazlmY30m3Nt2vyiK-rF6vgr_oog3a1nTB_QrieERv4cbR-Gu1-P8HhiMRUFLaPXLCQZWF0AMNacVri2miGS8ockxb2pASaURUS8vmZy135XZOkTutDjg4KM0iZYZiq6znMtNGiEacjXmxwiBxh9c1k_yaFCDeIjKy8DvusbOFmygPCgOJgzqP-N3HjopbSiLTIDN2XL_f_qWiH4CpEz-LSdVxq9DQO423gyFfc2_Adg7B6GHFcfUBQu9ep2Sfcx4BiwFr3BlaZWTw8nPwakAidEZ4u7IpS7stbBXKi3zqRIB8U_ZoJOMqQ3_F3lnAWun-IMWHQBwJD5JeS_dYd1XyneAQN3yi7VBuyKzjbxzxjtTM=s0-l75-ft-l75-ft

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Anyone else here starting this tomorrow??

Yeah I am. Interesting times!

phatkev wrote: »
    Anyone else here starting this tomorrow??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Sean_brenn

Hi,

I'm looking into this course in Carlow for next year. Can I ask how you guys got on? Was it worthwhile? Did you find employment easily after? Should you have basic programming skills before starting?

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Bumping thread

Looking at this course and would love some guidance on anyone who has previously been on it

Advertisement