Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FPL Wildcard Thread 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Green&Red wrote: »
    I’m torn on him
    Pieters is the other option, would give me another 0.5m

Pieters will lose his place. Taylor is No.1 there.

Chelsea are just not defensively sound.

I noticed you have no Everton defenders. I’d be trying to fit one of them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Pieters will lose his place. Taylor is No.1 there.

Chelsea are just not defensively sound.

I noticed you have no Everton defenders. I’d be trying to fit one of them in.

I’ve had double Everton up to now. I’m struggling to get the money to fit one in

I’ve had double Everton up to now. I’m struggling to get the money to fit one in

Strange to switch from 2 to 0.

I’d switch KWP & Christensen, Get Mina and a 4.5 defender.

Every week you will be playing

Mina and then 2 of Dunk,Soyuncu, Lundy & 4.5 choice.

That’s good options to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Will do that actually
    But then do you go for Mina over Zinkco?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Pope Button
    Laporte AWB Digne Kelly Lundstram
    Mané Sterling KDB Martial Cantwell
    Rashford Pukki Wickham

Can rotate between 3-5-2 and 4-4-2.

Laporte & Rashford could become Kane & Montoya...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Who would you choose lads:

Adrian - Walkers-Peters - Soyuncu - Rashford

or

De Gea - Rose - TAA - 4.5

The first draft has a more than capable defense. I think the latter is more reliable, however I'm afraid of missing the boat with Rashford. What do you guys think?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I'd be saying no to any team involving Adrian tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Thinking

Salah, Pérez, Siggy, Wood, Wilson, Jota

To

Mané, Trossard, McGinn, Barnes, Kane, Pukki

Is it too reactionary?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

carnie wrote: »
    Thinking

Salah, Pérez, Siggy, Wood, Wilson, Jota

To

Mané, Trossard, McGinn, Barnes, Kane, Pukki

Is it too reactionary?
    A question I asked in another thread, what is the basis of McGinn ahead of Ceballos?

CSF wrote: »
    A question I asked in another thread, what is the basis of McGinn ahead of Ceballos?

Honestly, I have barely paid attention to the PL so far this season and McGinn was a name I was toying with at the start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Arsenal’s fixtures are terrible in fairness

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Arsenal’s fixtures are terrible in fairness

They’re not so bad, and Arsenal’s goal expectation is probably similar enough against decent teams than Villa’s will be against middle of the road teams.

McGinn is a class act and beloved by myself and all Villa fans but I think if we’re looking for a player to turn their unproductive stats season/class actual season from last year into a better year for goal production it’s Grealish IMO.

They’re not so bad, and Arsenal’s goal expectation is probably similar enough against decent teams than Villa’s will be against middle of the road teams.

McGinn is a class act and beloved by myself and all Villa fans but I think if we’re looking for a player to turn their unproductive stats season/class actual season from last year into a better year for goal production it’s Grealish IMO.

Fair point about Grealish. He was in a couple of drafts. Is he still on free kicks?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I haven’t seen much football this year so going off the sites. What’s with the 🙂Thossard love? Are Brighton looking sharp? I’ve wildcarded and have him in my team +1m.

I know Zaha was poor but was thinking Zaha or Maddison who is always impressive.

carnie wrote: »
    Fair point about Grealish. He was in a couple of drafts. Is he still on free kicks?
    Hourihane is the free kick master when he plays. Grealish might take some of the crossing ones, but Hourihane is better at those also.

With that said, with Douglas Luiz coming in, Hourihane will probably spend more minutes on the bench than the pitch. Nakamba will provide competition also.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭irishrepeat2

Surely if ye're going rotating keepers one of them has to be Adrian? 4.5 and playing for the best defence in the league from last season.
    Love the midfield, don't think there's much need for Rashford though when you have Martial.

Maybe Barnes there and an extra premium defender ahead of Pieters or Dunk?
    Haven’t changed in a day

488713.png
    I like your team's, am I making a mistake with my budget defence?
    And focusing on attack?

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭dazzday

Thoughts on this team? Very happy with the midfield but still on the fence about upfront and defence.

Options: Downgrade pukki to a 4.5m and use the 2.3 to upgrade the defence (play 4-5-1 every week rotating Aub and Kane)

Downgrade Kane to Rashford or the likes and use the 2.5m to upgrade defence

Playuers on my radar - Zinchenko, Matip, Emerson, Lacazette, Keane,

team.png

• Registered Users Posts: 37,508 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Thinking of using the wildcard this week.

This is what I'm looking at right now,

Pope, Heaton,
    Digne, Maitland-Niles, Dunk, Soyuncu, Lundstram
    Salah, Sterling, KDB, Mount, Ceballos
    Abraham, Haller, Pukki

What do people think?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

eagle eye wrote: »
    Thinking of using the wildcard this week.

This is what I'm looking at right now,

Pope, Heaton,
    Digne, Maitland-Niles, Dunk, Soyuncu, Lundstram
    Salah, Sterling, KDB, Mount, Ceballos
    Abraham, Haller, Pukki

What do people think?

Looks great if it was last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Catastrophic wildcard so far. Don't even want to calculate how many points I'm down. But it's judged over a number of weeks right?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Catastrophic wildcard so far. Don't even want to calculate how many points I'm down. But it's judged over a number of weeks right?!

Yes. The next 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Half thinking of Wildcarding to

Pope (Button)

Zinchenko - Mings - Lundstram

Salah - Sterling - KDB - Cantwell - Dendoncker

Kane - Pukki - Wesley

Leaves 9.9 for two defenders.

Although Aguero instead of Sterling and switched a mid also in my thoughts after today.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Think I need to wild card to survive in the LMS going forward - must be the only one without Salah. Will also help me get rid of Zomua, Maguire and Siggy.

Would you keep Kane or Auba, if dumping one for Aguero?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Think I need to wild card to survive in the LMS going forward - must be the only one without Salah. Will also help me get rid of Zomua, Maguire and Siggy.

Auba

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Auba
    But tbh I think with so much value and options in midfield there id spend my money there and just go with one premium striker
    Not Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Neither. Aguero or no premium

Wildcard activivated

Pope (Stekelenburg)

VvD Mings Kelly (Hanley, Lundstram)

Salah Sterling KdB Pepe (Cantwell)

Pukki Haller Wesley

————

I’m happy with the attackers and all set on them. Only up for debate is VvD to Everton defender & Pope to Adrian then

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

So tempted but I'd like to see a fourth game. Forced to do one transfer early so any midweek injuries might force my hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

If we believe that Liverpool and city are going to run away in the league again, would be mad to put all eggs into one basket and just load up with Salah, Mane, Sterling, KdB and Aguero and get bargain basement for all other positions?

• Advertisement

If we believe that Liverpool and city are going to run away in the league again, would be mad to put all eggs into one basket and just load up with Salah, Mane, Sterling, KdB and Aguero and get bargain basement for all other positions?

Is it possible.

Don’t think it is a strategy. All things considered and good fortune your looking at about 1400 points from those 5 with same captain picked.

Where do you want to finish.. is Top 5k another 800 points I’d say... would bargain players contribute that... no is the short answer

Advertisement