Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Games Have You Completed? (2019 Edition)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Metro 2033 - PC
    GRIS - PC
    Metro: Last Light - PC

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

Battlefield V - PS4
    Spyro - PS4
    Red faction - PS4

Yakuza zero - PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Finished Titanfall 2 last week and Doom 2016 this week. Two of the games left in my backlog I really wanted to close off. I've so many games 80%ish finished it's crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

Championship Manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Resident evil 2 remake... A few times now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

Got 100% in Red Dead 2 the other day. It Now joins Red Dead 1 and late 1990's spyro the dragon as games I've completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Pa8301 wrote: »
    Championship Manager.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRingKjod6NNqR8-cxtQb-bki0cKx8N6114yooO8ndgjGtq60nL

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Far cry new Dawn PS4

Shadow of the tombraider ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Pa8301 wrote: »
    Championship Manager.

I finished Apex Legends yesterday. Said I was the champion. Seemed like a short game tbh.

Metro 2033 after the umpteenth attempt

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,764 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

First game of the year

Finally finished up Dragon Quest 8 including the post game content and got the true ending. Really enjoyed the game and the 3DS version is a great update of the already amazing PS2 game. I've only a few small niggles, mostly that the class system isn't as complex as in other DQ games, you pick one and stick with it and the only deviation is in the end game where... you pick another and stick with it.

Still it's one of the very best Japanese RPGs and highlights how wrong games like Ni No Kuni and Octopath Traveller get it.

Started Tactics Ogre, might be a long time before I finish that!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Hellblade: Senuas Sacrifice

Adding Crackdown 3, a game from 2009, that travelled though time to be 'enjoyed' today.

In all honesty, it wasn't absolutely terrible, its a 5-6 hour nostalgia trip back to when open world games were a much simpler affair.
    however I'm not sure if thats what the makers had intended it it to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,776 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ghostbusters the Video Game - busting makes me feel grand. Was enjoyable enough game but controls got annoying on occasion and a lot of enemies that kill with 1 or 2 hits

Game: Super Mario Bros.
    Platform: NES (via Switch)

I am 30 in July, and I am kind of ashamed at myself that this is the first time I have ever beaten the original SMB.

qITmer8.jpg

Oh wow, the stress of this game, especially on World 8.

Yes, I used a save state at the beginning of each level. Shoot me :p :pac:

2019 Games Beaten So Far
    GAME|PLATFORM
    SPYRO THE DRAGON|PLAYSTATION 4
    OUTRUN (SEGA AGES)|NINTENDO SWITCH
    DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN|PLAYSTATION 4
    RESIDENT EVIL 2|PLAYSTATION 4
    SUPER MARIO BROS.|NES

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I just got the platinum trophy for Assassins Creed: Odyssey last night, took 95 hours in total. I really enjoyed it, I will more than likely move onto the Legacy of the Blade DLC next. I finished Assassins Creed: Origins earlier in the year, I definitely think Odyssey is the better of the two.
    Games Completed in 2019

GAME                               PLATFORM

Assassins Creed: Origins           PlayStation 4
    Assassins Creed: Odyssey           PlayStation 4

The Awesome adventures of Captain Spirit - Nice short game. Won't be playing Life is Strange 2 until the whole thing is released but this is a start

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭T. Hanks

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Metro 2033 after the umpteenth attempt

Hurray! Finally :D

Well what did you think?

I put away Metro Exodus. Excellent game, my only issue is it's a slight bit bloated. I wish the structure was a little bit tighter and shorter at times but that's also because I don't have as much time to game as I used too.

I genuinely don't know why I quit. Was delighted to see the credits and it never felt like a chore. It's quite short, you mentioning that a few weeks ago spurred me on. I like the Metro games but find they can be quite slow paced.

I think single-player fps are from a bygone day. I know GoW/Spiderman/Re2 have been huge SP titles but I think Metro Exodus is the only significant FPS SP to launch in the past 12 months (console anyway) In saying that I'm certainly getting Doom for the SP, whenever that's out.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Resident Evil 2 Remake
    Spiderman
    Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom

3 great games tbh, all very different, all excellent.

GoW, story at least. One Valkeyrie no desire to try that again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Far cry new Dawn PS4

Shadow of the tombraider ps4

Yakuza kiwami 2 PS4 - what an awesome game!

Game: FIFA 17: The Journey
    Platform: PS4

Making an attempt to play these story modes over the course of FIFA 17, 18 and 19.
    Already did FIFA 17 when I played it 2 years ago.

Decent plot.
    Stupid characters.
    Cringey voice acting
    Pointless dialogue options that make zero difference to the story.

... but it was still fun to play somehow.

2019 Games Beaten So Far
    GAME|PLATFORM
    SUPER MARIO BROS.|NES
    FIFA 17|PLAYSTATION 4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,764 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ace Combat 7.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game. The story is utter nonsense but really enjoyable nonsense but who really cares when the actual aerial combat is this good.

Great game and my favourite of the year so far.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I just got the platinum on God of War on the PS4. I had never played a God of War game before and I loved it. The story was great, the visuals were stunning. combat was and excellent and the script was very funny at times. Enjoyable game. That Valkyrie Queen was tough going though!
    Games Completed in 2019

GAME                               PLATFORM

Assassins Creed: Origins           PlayStation 4
    Assassins Creed: Odyssey           PlayStation 4
    God of War                         Playstation 4

I'm going to play Spyro the dragon next. I didn't play any of the Spyro games when they were originally released.

Conduit 2. Short game which was okay.

Ever notice how some cut scenes in games seem to just end abrubtly? Usually with lower budget games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I finally finished The Witcher 3 after playing it on and off for the last two years. Got bitten by the bug two months ago and I was glued to it. Such an excellent game, definitely one of the best I've played in a long time. The story is gripping, the combat is exciting, and nearly every one of the side quests are engaging - not your classic fetch quests. I haven't made my mind up on whether to dive into the expansions yet, or come back to them.

Game: FIFA 18: The Journey - Hunter Returns
    Platform: PS4

This one wasn't too bad. It was less grindy than FIFA 17, at leaat until the final chapter, then it got very, very repetitive, with almost no cutscenes to break up the matches.
    One part of this mode really annoyed me at how scripted it was.

I was 3rd place but was mathematically still capable of reaching first, provided the team in first would mess up in one or two matches, but the commentator still said "it seems as though the fight for the league title is now out of reach".

From that moment, i won every single game and by the time I played the last match of the season, I was in 2nd place, one point behind the team in 1st place.

So yeah - a few little bits that took me out of it, but then again I am really only playing this for the plot, as daft as it is.

Won't have FIFA 19 for another few weeks so I may keep myself occupied with something else in the meantime

2019 Games Beaten So Far
    GAME|PLATFORM
    SUPER MARIO BROS.|NES
    FIFA 17|PLAYSTATION 4
    FIFA 18|PLAYSTATION 4

I got the platinum for Spyro The Dragon today. Short enough game that's essentially just about collecting collectibles. The main challenge comes from the flying levels a couple of tricky super charge ramps. I did have to look up youtube videos to find some gems! I wouldn't say I was a huge fan but it was enjoyable enough.

Game|Platform
    Assassins Creed Origins|Playstation 4
    Assassins Creed Odyssey|Playstation 4
    God of War| Playstation 4
    Spyro The Dragon| Playstation 4

Advertisement