Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-06-2019, 01:07   #61
Zillah

Trailer looked pretty janky, to be honest. Did they borrow Gamebryo? That guy's facial animation looked about as good as Fallout 3. Gameplay elements don't look particularly smooth or interesting.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
12-06-2019, 01:20   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth_dude View Post
The Outer Worlds is releasing October 25th 2019.

[/quote]
12-06-2019, 06:09   #63
Kirby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillah View Post
Trailer looked pretty janky, to be honest. Did they borrow Gamebryo? That guy's facial animation looked about as good as Fallout 3. Gameplay elements don't look particularly smooth or interesting.
This. I know it's still a good bit away but I am quite frankly shocked at how dated it looks. It really does look like something made over a decade ago. Even longer.

Hopefully, it will have great RPG elements along with an intriguing story....but from an engine point of view? Jesus Christ it looks shoddy as hell. Look at 1:30 into that trailer. Those character running and movement animations look no better than what we saw in Fallout 3 or new vegas. Surely we've moved past this?

Last edited by Kirby; 12-06-2019 at 06:12.
12-06-2019, 10:42   #64

I think it looks great as a game, though the engine does look a bit clunky - sort of like Fallout 4 actually, which was dated at the time it released a few years ago.

Less than optimal results from Unreal Engine 4, some of the close ups of characters speaking looked exactly like Fallout3/Fallout 4.

Then again, I don't think they're working with a huge budget so I'm OK with all of that once the gameplay and story is good.
12-06-2019, 10:44   #65
Burgo

Quote:
Thought the same myself. but no they are using the Unreal engine 4. So why they decided to make it look exactly like something unsing the gamebryo is beyond me. Even so far as the conversation talking head is the same.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-06-2019, 11:24   #66
gizmo

I can't see this being the result of a decision made, the trailer is just showing some really poor animation and texture work.

It's hard to tell whether the footage itself was just put together at the last minute or they have a hell of a lot of work to get done before the October release. I mean they're showing animations that, at best, look like they've been authored to be viewed from a first person perspective, in third person. The facial skinning is in such a state that it should never have been focused on in the trailer and while the run cycle Kirby pointed out is brutal, look to the left of what he's running towards, that's either an textured character or they have a severe LOD or texture streaming issue on their hands.

It's just...bizarre :/
12-06-2019, 17:36   #67
ERG89

Quote:
Why do I get the feeling this will be really buggy on release like KOTOR 2 & Alpha Protocol were
12-06-2019, 17:45   #68
Sephiroth_dude
One Winged Angel

Haha ever since I posted that video all the enthusiasm for this game has evaporated !!!!
12-06-2019, 19:51   #69
Icyseanfitz

its obsidian, i believe
Advertisement
13-10-2019, 20:53   #70
Sephiroth_dude
One Winged Angel

Less than two weeks to go, anyone picking it up day one?
13-10-2019, 21:00   #71
Potential-Monke

The day Modern Warfare comes out, so I won't be getting it at launch. I reckon that will also affect sales somewhat, having played the beta of MW it's going to be good and will bring back a lot of previous players.

But I will definitely pick it up at some stage, and hopefully by that stage all the bugs will be ironed out.
13-10-2019, 21:00   #72
Calhoun

I am indeed, but not sure if i am going to get it on console or PC. Console will have better FPS but nice to sit on the couch and play on a big screen tv.
13-10-2019, 21:05   #73
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth_dude View Post
Less than two weeks to go, anyone picking it up day one?
I was just googling this but think I'll get Outer Wilds instead.
13-10-2019, 21:07   #74
Sephiroth_dude
One Winged Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-Cool View Post
I was just googling this but think I'll get Outer Wilds instead.
Thanks from:
13-10-2019, 21:08   #75
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potential-Monke View Post
The day Modern Warfare comes out, so I won't be getting it at launch. I reckon that will also affect sales somewhat, having played the beta of MW it's going to be good and will bring back a lot of previous players.

But I will definitely pick it up at some stage, and hopefully by that stage all the bugs will be ironed out.
I briefly played black ops 3 and black ops 4 as they were free and hated both but the new modern warfare does look class. Think i might even but it on launch, first time I've ever done that with a cod.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion