Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

dudeeile wrote: »

I hope they don't go overboard with this. Div1 showed us they could barely balance one DZ for any length of time, let alone 3.
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The Dark Zone in #TheDivision2 is straight up out of a horror movie. It's quiet, lonely, and sad. It'll make you feel as uneasy as possible and make you want to keep to your squad mates close at all times. The Atmosphere is actually unreal.

It's not. :pac: Believe me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,460 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rob2D wrote: »

It's not. :pac: Believe me.

Yeah that sounded like something a paid (hoping to be paid) YouTuber would say. Did you play each of the DZ's?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah that sounded like something a paid (hoping to be paid) YouTuber would say. Did you play each of the DZ's?

No just the introduction one, East I think. It's right beside Air Force One. It's so overgrown you feel like you're running around Jurassic Park or something. It's really small too. It wasn't intimidating like the DZ should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I suppose I can break my silence a little bit on the Alpha now.

The above video is pretty much the reason why I'm just not feeling this one :(

The setting is really bad. It's just so boring and plain. Overgrown vegetation and some flooding is about as exciting as it got. They replaced a nice comfy New York at Christmas time with essentially a swampy bog.
    They sort of try at times to make it interesting by pointing out DC landmarks as you go by, but it's like, I really don't care about your American history monuments you know? So you end up just walking down a generic city street in summer time and it looks just like every other game. A real shame.
    Now I know it's super hard to top New York. Everyone loves NY because it just has so much character and flavour built in. But D.C.? Really? The place has about as much character as a rice cracker.

The good news is that it still plays 100% like Division. With a pinch of Wildlands thrown in too. Everything responds just as you expect, so they seem to have hit the ground running there gameplay wise.

So I'm somewhat disappointed that I probably won't be putting the same hours into 2 because the world just doesn't feel good to be in. Especially when they could have taken it anywhere. Imagine if every country had a Division program?! And we could have gone to Tokyo or somewhere neat like that. Oh well.

There's more fun activity stuff and returning characters I want to tell ye about but I probably shouldn't :pac:

I was actually afraid of this. Big part of Division awesomeness was the setting in the New York at winter time. It was something different and cool.
    When I sow all summery and overgrown D.C. I got really disappointed.

One way or another, I will jump on to Division, but it wont be on launch. Might not wait for over year like I did with first one, but it will be a few months for sure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Sums up my initial thoughts pretty well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

I like the concept of the dark zones being normalised and more user friendly. All though I don't like the idea of them being smaller and maximum 12 players. One of the best features about the dark zone in the original was how big it was and being able to go for ages without even seeing another agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The DZ was great fun at times. I played a lot solo at a time you need to run it for weekly missions to get division tech, it was incredibly tense. The change in mood when you went in with back up was night and day "I feel safe"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The DZ was great fun at times. I played a lot solo at a time you need to run it for weekly missions to get division tech, it was incredibly tense. The change in mood when you went in with back up was night and day "I feel safe"

Yeah I had some good fun in there some times one great thing I used to do was go rogue fishing. Where I would go to DZ1 solo get some random blue loot and call an extract and hide up in those container crates. I had a god rolled D700 with all the best talents and a full deadeye set. ;)

The fun would be when some random poor old agent would rock up to the extract look around and see no one there and think oh yeah here's a quick opportunity and hijack the extract....then boom! I would down him on the spot while cutting the rope. If lucky you could wipe a team of 2-3 great fun.:p

Too much changing the meta though in Div1 so hopefully this wont happen with this one.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

I'd agree the meta was changed too often. The problem was the devs listened too much to the internet outrage. Some stuff was clearly op but it wasn't game breaking. The only thing I thought that was would have been a 4 man nomad team in the DZ, they nerfed it but at a time it was pretty scary.

This is class, people living in DC should be able to see if their gaf is in the dark zone

https://twitter.com/BattlePHILd/status/1086017590135324673?s=19

• Advertisement

had a really bad hangover Sunday and wasn't functioning properly. Pre-ordered the digital deluxe version for €110. you'd think I'd have learned my lesson after Destiny 2
    just couldn't see past the extra stash space, I'm sure that will be worth an extra €40

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,753 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gimli2112 wrote: »
    had a really bad hangover Sunday and wasn't functioning properly. Pre-ordered the digital deluxe version for €110. you'd think I'd have learned my lesson after Destiny 2
    just couldn't see past the extra stash space, I'm sure that will be worth an extra €40

Gimli someone should really take away your bank cards :pac:

Edit: sorry Gimli, devs said the stash side definitely isn't the selling point, just a bonus. They said stash space with regular editions will be enough for players and they don't want the extra space to be a selling point for the deluxe edition.

So far from what I've seen is that there is a year one dlc road which focuses on story related missions that will be free to everyone. They said this is to take away the competitive advantages people who owned and played underground would have offer people who didn't. The deluxe edition that comes with the year one pass gets you those dlc's 7 days early (it's either 7 or 3 days anyway). The pass will include 'other stuff' as well, I'm guessing special drops and such. Reading about that, I'm definitely going with standard. I just don't know whether to go digital or physical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Watched a bunch of videos about the game and I am tentatively excited. I still refuse to buy the game on launch and will wait for 4 months before jumping in. Probably :pac:

I do like the changes that have been made to the DZ. The normalization of the weapons is a great idea. It was heart breaking when a team of 4 players would be slaughtered by a single player. (or perhaps we were just utterly useless)

The turrets at checkpoints are completely unnecessary. If you are being spawn camped its your own fault. Swallow your pride and move to a different checkpoint.

From the videos I like the summer time / overgrown look and feel. While the Christmas time look from TD1 was nice at first it quickly became a block of buildings with the same colour tone all the time.

The one thing that made TD1 so enthralling to me was the story. I loved the atmosphere and the ominous feel of it all. I hope that TD2 expands upon it further. The one thing they must never do is reveal Aaron Keener. The man must remain a mystery for all time.

#PlotTwist : You ARE Aaron Keener!

The normalization of the weapons is a great idea.

You'd think so but in the end it's kind of trivial. They introduced that in Div1 PvP but really it's your build that does the work. Just because you and some other lad have the exact same assault rifle numbers wise isn't going to save you if your gear isn't up to scratch.

You'd think so but in the end it's kind of trivial. They introduced that in Div1 PvP but really it's your build that does the work. Just because you and some other lad have the exact same assault rifle numbers wise isn't going to save you if your gear isn't up to scratch.

That's perfect isn't it?

It gives players a fighting chance to not get steam rolled by one ridiculously min/max player.

When I played Skirmish and what not in Div1 it was a good~ish experience. In a 1v1 fight I could hold my own a depending on positioning, luck and gear. The times I lost was either because I got outplayed, outnumbered or gear was not in my favour. In which case I had to just suck it up.

Complete opposite experience in the DZ. I still have nightmares when that one player absolutely destroyed us 1v4.

It is an impossible thing to get right. Each group will whine about something :D

---

Did you try the occupied DZ? How was the experience with just 12 players? My gut feel (based on nothing) is that the size of the map is too small for 12 players.

Complete opposite experience in the DZ. I still have nightmares when that one player absolutely destroyed us 1v4.

I was in a full party in the DZ and we made friends with another random party, communicating with waves and gestures. Suddenly a suspicious lone wolf appeared and one hit killed 6 of us. I survived by engaging my cowardly instincts and running away.

Some of the builds were ludicrous at specific times. I never played much MP aside from the DZ. The MP modes seemed horribly imbalanced. You were either crushing or being crushed but I didn't play it much like I said.

OK I'm going to say this so go easy on me:o They need a Battle Royal mode......

The game is set up perfectly for it and should be easy to implement, large map, looting, virus outbreak to act as circle, gun play should be good not getting dropped instantly etc etc

What do ya think???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

ECO_Mental wrote: »

The game is set up perfectly for it and should be easy to implement, large map, looting, virus outbreak to act as circle, gun play should be good not getting dropped instantly etc etc

What do ya think???

They kinda have that already though with Survival, though I would be willing to give a full on BR mode a shot in this.

• Advertisement

They kinda have that already though with Survival, though I would be willing to give a full on BR mode a shot in this.

Yeah but that was more you vs the elements trying to stay warm etc. I only ever played one or two games of that mode and didn't really get into it. Id say they have already though about it, any developer would be mad not to these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

The normalization of the weapons is a great idea.

Isn't normalisation on ALL gear and not just weapons? DZ is also matchmaking players in level brackets to achieve some balance. Gear only matters in PvE and occupied DZ from my understanding.

ECO_Mental wrote: »

What do ya think???

Reported :mad:

I kid! I Kid!

I don't think I like BR. Couldn't get into fortnite which I put down to the building mechanic and cartoony style. Got PUBG for a tenner, played it for ten minutes this weekend and deleted it straight after. While I didn't give it a chance I've other games on the go which I'd prefer to put the time into.
    I'd agree with Eco on survival that cold mechanic did my head in.

That's perfect isn't it?

It gives players a fighting chance to not get steam rolled by one ridiculously min/max player.

Only if you're built the same. Players will still need to understand the current meta and build towards that. The game can give you all max rolled guns, but if the other guy has the better talents on that gun then you're dead. You'd need a hell of a lot more than the same base damage as him to stand a fighting chance.

They could normalise everything but that assumes that the gameplay alone would be enough to carry it competitively. Plus you'd be alienating a massive part of the player base by taking away their stuff.
    Isn't normalisation on ALL gear and not just weapons?

No that would be crazy. As said above, why make a loot RPG thing game at all if you're just going to force people to wear all the same gear?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

really looking forward to this, the only thing that rings a bit odd to me , is how overgrow the foliage is after just 7 months.
    theres some of the the scenes in clips approaching 'last of us' levels of vegetation, with flooded areas and vines everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

No that would be crazy. As said above, why make a loot RPG thing game at all if you're just going to force people to wear all the same gear?

Well I'm afraid it is all gear.

No thanks BR in a looter game no just no.

Well I'm afraid it is all gear.

Nope:

"Build choices will remain, but gear stats will be normalized" - some dev I just read.

Just like Div1. So you'll still need to come correct if you go knocking on the DZ door.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Alrite lads still playing division 1 and im at level 28. Is there a game mode in the game if surving waves of enemies like a zombies idea or did i hear wrong?
    And if so how do i matchmake for that game mode.
    Thanks

Advertisement