Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-06-2018, 23:08   #16
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiith View Post
Signed up there as well. Got the forbidden message, but once i was logged into the site first (rather than logging in when clicking on the register link), it worked fine.

Good man Kiith, yupp just went to thedivisiongame.com, logged in there and beta registered straight away. Agreed with above, I miss the snow but it seriously needed a change up and the season would be most obvious. Wonder when the beta will go live.
Advertisement
10-06-2018, 23:11   #17
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth_dude View Post
I guess you could say He has Zero Coolness

*gets coat*

Thanks from:
11-06-2018, 01:40   #18
dreamers75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcully View Post
Say what you like about blizzard but they have proved over and over again there is no need to go out and build a new game, just build on what you have.
Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 are pretty much the same game with the changes players wanted.

Activison Blizzard are literally the worst machine for extracting money from gamers around, they make EA look like amateurs.

Every single game Activision Blizzard make has a number at the end, not sure what your point is?
11-06-2018, 08:13   #19
skerry

Very excited for D2 after that, looks great. Most impressed by how awesome that Seeker Mine sounded whizzing through the water. I'll happily buy this game just so I can sit in a puddle rolling Seekers at people all evening in 4k
11-06-2018, 13:35   #20
Dcully

Framerate looks terrible in the gameplay vids.
The game will live or die by its endgame content and loot system ,thats the golden rule of any looter and both were sadly missing from the first game.
I predict it being fun for a month or so but like the first game it will die off very quickly, i have no faith in them shipping the game with enough content to keep people playing, the last game took 3 years to get any decent endgame content and a half decent loot system , even still players just breezed through the content in a few days.
Advertisement
11-06-2018, 13:38   #21
Dcully

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamers75 View Post
Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 are pretty much the same game with the changes players wanted.

Activison Blizzard are literally the worst machine for extracting money from gamers around, they make EA look like amateurs.

Every single game Activision Blizzard make has a number at the end, not sure what your point is?
My point is world of warcraft and its endless conveyor belt of content, they know how to keep players interested.
11-06-2018, 17:02   #22
EoinHef

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamers75 View Post

Not really,Destiny 2 is a sequel where they threw away all the changes that turned Destiny 1 into a great game.

The fall updats is literally reverting a load of the changes in Destiny 2

If the Division 2 is just more of the same it probably wont be for me. I can see why people liked it but it just never 100% clicked with me.
11-06-2018, 17:48   #23
ShadowHearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcully View Post
Framerate looks terrible in the gameplay vids.
The game will live or die by its endgame content and loot system ,thats the golden rule of any looter and both were sadly missing from the first game.
I predict it being fun for a month or so but like the first game it will die off very quickly, i have no faith in them shipping the game with enough content to keep people playing, the last game took 3 years to get any decent endgame content and a half decent loot system , even still players just breezed through the content in a few days.
Well, Division in current state is a very decent looter game. I enjoyed it a lot and looking forward to new one. If they manage to take everything that is good now and work on stuff suggested already, then they will have a cracker of a game.

Just few things I want them to do:
Make ability to get loot from more places theb just grinding same thing over and over, because it has best chance. Even right now Division has a lot of cool content, but you completely ignore it, because rewards are pure ****.
With Item sets I want to see drop from 6 piece full set to 4. Right now you hunting all 6 pieces and there are no more slots to play around with. Most fun was for me, when I was missing pieces and tried to glue together different sets or legendies, to make it work. When I got 6 piece striker game went in to decline to me. I knew there is nothing better.
More activities in open world and not instances. Would be fun meeting other agents.
Thanks from:
12-06-2018, 00:37   #24
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Nice cinematic trailer and the 2nd vid is selling me on Washington, will be nice to have a mix of areas instead of blocks of skyscrapers.

Advertisement
12-06-2018, 00:47   #25
ShadowHearth

I will miss snow though.

It was such a refreshing setting.
(2) thanks from:
12-06-2018, 08:37   #26
gimli2112

the min maxing really sold me on the Division. It took me ages to understand how things worked but once it clicked I got hooked. Patch 1.6 was a game changer it brought me back and I haven't been able to leave since. Built a firecrest character this weekend and it's just brilliant in PvE.
12-06-2018, 09:58   #27
murphyebass

Tempted to pick the first game up.

Would I be at a significant disadvantage being new at this late stage?
12-06-2018, 10:02   #28
gimli2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyebass View Post
Tempted to pick the first game up.

Would I be at a significant disadvantage being new at this late stage?
only in pvp which is a clusterfup at the best of times and not a significant game mode. You could even get away with the dark zone which is a pvp mode if you're careful. Dark Zone farming isn't that important anymore although it can still be fun.
If you get into it you'll get fantastic value out of it.
12-06-2018, 10:04   #29
Kiith

You can get your gear up to a decent level without much effort. There are plenty of people who would help you with that, especially if you can get in with some of the boards lads.
12-06-2018, 10:05   #30
murphyebass

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimli2112 View Post
only in pvp which is a clusterfup at the best of times and not a significant game mode. You could even get away with the dark zone which is a pvp mode if you're careful. Dark Zone farming isn't that important anymore although it can still be fun.
If you get into it you'll get fantastic value out of it.
It’d be more the PvE I’d be interested in tbh so it’s not too late by the sounds of it. Cheers

Just checked psn and it’s gone off sale! Damn.

Will wait till the next one and grab it.

Last edited by murphyebass; 12-06-2018 at 10:10.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion