Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
10-06-2018, 23:08   #16
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level
 
Zero-Cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 21,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiith View Post
Signed up there as well. Got the forbidden message, but once i was logged into the site first (rather than logging in when clicking on the register link), it worked fine.

Good man Kiith, yupp just went to thedivisiongame.com, logged in there and beta registered straight away. Agreed with above, I miss the snow but it seriously needed a change up and the season would be most obvious. Wonder when the beta will go live.
Zero-Cool is online now  
Advertisement
10-06-2018, 23:11   #17
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level
 
Zero-Cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 21,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth_dude View Post
I guess you could say He has Zero Coolness



*gets coat*

Zero-Cool is online now  
Thanks from:
11-06-2018, 01:40   #18
dreamers75
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 18,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcully View Post
Say what you like about blizzard but they have proved over and over again there is no need to go out and build a new game, just build on what you have.
Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 are pretty much the same game with the changes players wanted.

Activison Blizzard are literally the worst machine for extracting money from gamers around, they make EA look like amateurs.

Every single game Activision Blizzard make has a number at the end, not sure what your point is?
dreamers75 is offline  
11-06-2018, 08:13   #19
skerry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,790
Very excited for D2 after that, looks great. Most impressed by how awesome that Seeker Mine sounded whizzing through the water. I'll happily buy this game just so I can sit in a puddle rolling Seekers at people all evening in 4k
skerry is offline  
11-06-2018, 13:35   #20
Dcully
Moderator
 
Dcully's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13,027
Framerate looks terrible in the gameplay vids.
The game will live or die by its endgame content and loot system ,thats the golden rule of any looter and both were sadly missing from the first game.
I predict it being fun for a month or so but like the first game it will die off very quickly, i have no faith in them shipping the game with enough content to keep people playing, the last game took 3 years to get any decent endgame content and a half decent loot system , even still players just breezed through the content in a few days.
Dcully is offline  
Advertisement
11-06-2018, 13:38   #21
Dcully
Moderator
 
Dcully's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamers75 View Post
Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 are pretty much the same game with the changes players wanted.

Activison Blizzard are literally the worst machine for extracting money from gamers around, they make EA look like amateurs.

Every single game Activision Blizzard make has a number at the end, not sure what your point is?
My point is world of warcraft and its endless conveyor belt of content, they know how to keep players interested.
Dcully is offline  
11-06-2018, 17:02   #22
EoinHef
Registered User
 
EoinHef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamers75 View Post
Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 are pretty much the same game with the changes players wanted.

Activison Blizzard are literally the worst machine for extracting money from gamers around, they make EA look like amateurs.

Every single game Activision Blizzard make has a number at the end, not sure what your point is?
Not really,Destiny 2 is a sequel where they threw away all the changes that turned Destiny 1 into a great game.

The fall updats is literally reverting a load of the changes in Destiny 2

If the Division 2 is just more of the same it probably wont be for me. I can see why people liked it but it just never 100% clicked with me.
EoinHef is offline  
11-06-2018, 17:48   #23
ShadowHearth
Registered User
 
ShadowHearth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 22,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcully View Post
Framerate looks terrible in the gameplay vids.
The game will live or die by its endgame content and loot system ,thats the golden rule of any looter and both were sadly missing from the first game.
I predict it being fun for a month or so but like the first game it will die off very quickly, i have no faith in them shipping the game with enough content to keep people playing, the last game took 3 years to get any decent endgame content and a half decent loot system , even still players just breezed through the content in a few days.
Well, Division in current state is a very decent looter game. I enjoyed it a lot and looking forward to new one. If they manage to take everything that is good now and work on stuff suggested already, then they will have a cracker of a game.

Just few things I want them to do:
Make ability to get loot from more places theb just grinding same thing over and over, because it has best chance. Even right now Division has a lot of cool content, but you completely ignore it, because rewards are pure ****.
With Item sets I want to see drop from 6 piece full set to 4. Right now you hunting all 6 pieces and there are no more slots to play around with. Most fun was for me, when I was missing pieces and tried to glue together different sets or legendies, to make it work. When I got 6 piece striker game went in to decline to me. I knew there is nothing better.
More activities in open world and not instances. Would be fun meeting other agents.
ShadowHearth is offline  
Thanks from:
12-06-2018, 00:37   #24
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level
 
Zero-Cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 21,472
Nice cinematic trailer and the 2nd vid is selling me on Washington, will be nice to have a mix of areas instead of blocks of skyscrapers.



Zero-Cool is online now  
Advertisement
12-06-2018, 00:47   #25
ShadowHearth
Registered User
 
ShadowHearth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 22,118
I will miss snow though.

It was such a refreshing setting.
ShadowHearth is offline  
(2) thanks from:
12-06-2018, 08:37   #26
gimli2112
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,391
the min maxing really sold me on the Division. It took me ages to understand how things worked but once it clicked I got hooked. Patch 1.6 was a game changer it brought me back and I haven't been able to leave since. Built a firecrest character this weekend and it's just brilliant in PvE.
gimli2112 is offline  
12-06-2018, 09:58   #27
murphyebass
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,394
Tempted to pick the first game up.

Would I be at a significant disadvantage being new at this late stage?
murphyebass is offline  
12-06-2018, 10:02   #28
gimli2112
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyebass View Post
Tempted to pick the first game up.

Would I be at a significant disadvantage being new at this late stage?
only in pvp which is a clusterfup at the best of times and not a significant game mode. You could even get away with the dark zone which is a pvp mode if you're careful. Dark Zone farming isn't that important anymore although it can still be fun.
If you get into it you'll get fantastic value out of it.
gimli2112 is offline  
12-06-2018, 10:04   #29
Kiith
Moderator
 
Kiith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 18,542
You can get your gear up to a decent level without much effort. There are plenty of people who would help you with that, especially if you can get in with some of the boards lads.
Kiith is offline  
12-06-2018, 10:05   #30
murphyebass
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimli2112 View Post
only in pvp which is a clusterfup at the best of times and not a significant game mode. You could even get away with the dark zone which is a pvp mode if you're careful. Dark Zone farming isn't that important anymore although it can still be fun.
If you get into it you'll get fantastic value out of it.
It’d be more the PvE I’d be interested in tbh so it’s not too late by the sounds of it. Cheers

Just checked psn and it’s gone off sale! Damn.

Will wait till the next one and grab it.

Last edited by murphyebass; 12-06-2018 at 10:10.
murphyebass is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet