Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-03-2018, 15:55   #1
degrassinoel
Assume the position

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

just been let slip now - some details here
https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/8/170...nt-launch-date
http://de.4-traders.com/UBISOFT-ENTE...on-2-26129901/

https://www.twitch.tv/thedivisiongame
last link is to a state of game (starts in a minute) official stream where they're likely to make it official

It's official, but no release date or further details until E3 in 3 months time (June)

quote from polygon/stream

Quote:
"It wasn’t an easy decision, but there are so many stories and so many experiences that we wanted to explore within the world of The Division that we felt a sequel was the best way to explore these things,” he said.

Mathias Karlson, the game director, added that “It’s an incredible opportunity to take all of that learning, all of that experience from what The Division is today and put it into a new game.”

Gerighty said more will be revealed at E3. Yannick Banchereau, the community manager for the game, said no other details, such as a launch date or other features, will be revealed until then

Last edited by degrassinoel; 08-03-2018 at 16:23.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-03-2018, 16:08   #2
Kiith

If they can launch the new game with all the bells and whistles that the first one has now, it should do well.

Kind of disappointed they don't just expand on the first game though (though it seems there are some more updates planned for it).
Thanks from:
08-03-2018, 16:09   #3
Falthyron

I would like to see The Division 2 drop the bullet-sponging of the first game and take on a more hardcore military shooter style. Games like Escape from Tarkov and PUBG could easily influence The Division 2's direction and I hope they do.
Thanks from:
08-03-2018, 16:41   #4
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Excellent, the division had such a great world and story. Would be a bold move off they went away from the bullet sponge system but I would really like if they did. Would but this digitally to save me buying a physical copy 3 times! Just hope it's a substantial event at E3 and not a short clip with coming 2020.
08-03-2018, 17:13   #5
gimli2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiith View Post
If they can launch the new game with all the bells and whistles that the first one has now, it should do well.

Kind of disappointed they don't just expand on the first game though (though it seems there are some more updates planned for it).
I don't see the updates for 1 holding interest for long. Some new legendary missions, new modifiers for Global Events and increased drop rates for stuff, plus something called shield? If there's nothing to grind for it loses it's allure, to a large extent.
Advertisement
08-03-2018, 17:14   #6
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Apparently it will have new events called crests in June that will unlock rewards for division 2.
Thanks from:
08-03-2018, 18:20   #7
Dcully

It took 3 years to get some half decent content but still nowhere near enough to keep most players playing including myself.
I come back for every patch and breeze through the content in a few days, always great fun while it lasts.
The Division 2 will ship with even less content than whats there now, why not just build on whats already there? because they believe lets prey on those who will just mindlessly pre-order like sheep.
Say what you like about blizzard but they have proved over and over again there is no need to go out and build a new game, just build on what you have.

Last edited by Dcully; 08-03-2018 at 18:23.
08-03-2018, 20:02   #8
Spear

There's been something of a perspective shift within Ubisoft over the last two years or so. They're now seeing the value in long term support, including free content, and they've shown this with R6Siege, The Division, For Honor and the like. So while it may be low on content at release, I'm still optimistic on this one, even after the TD1's rough start.
10-06-2018, 22:54   #9
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Shown at E3, this is releasing March 15th 2019. Beta reg is live but I keep getting a forbidden message when trying to register. Anyone else having luck?

https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisof...ame/en-gb/beta

Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-06-2018, 22:58   #10
EoinMcLovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-Cool View Post
Shown at E3, this is releasing March 15th 2019. Beta reg is live but I keep getting a forbidden message when trying to register. Anyone else having luck?
Was able to register no problem. Did you log into your Ubisoft account ?
10-06-2018, 22:58   #11
Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-Cool View Post

https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisof...ame/en-gb/beta
I just signed up for the beta just fine.
10-06-2018, 23:01   #12
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by EoinMcLovin View Post
Was able to register no problem. Did you log into your Ubisoft account ?

Yeah, I enter my details and I get a 403 Forbidden message, reset my password and same deal. hhmmm
10-06-2018, 23:02   #13
Kiith

Signed up there as well. Got the forbidden message, but once i was logged into the site first (rather than logging in when clicking on the register link), it worked fine.
10-06-2018, 23:02   #14
Rob2D

I got in too.

No Zero-Cool's allowed
(2) thanks from:
10-06-2018, 23:04   #15
Sephiroth_dude
One Winged Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2D View Post
I got in too.

No Zero-Cool's allowed