Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-08-2017, 23:37   #61
johnny_ultimate
Production Model EVA-02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
I didn't know it was out , I got so used to seeing it for pre-order at the top of the new releases list on the phone app I ignored it. Liked Bastion and Transistor a lot.
It's been out about a month now, and the more I play the more impressed I am. Without spoiling anything, the game forces you to make legitimately difficult choices that are considerably more weighty than any I've seen in a game. They force you to consider both the narrative and gameplay consequences of your decisions.

It's a beautiful, clever and artful piece of work, and easily one of the best of recent years. Supergiant are a studio that just seem to get better and better with each passing work.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
26-08-2017, 00:02   #62
ERG89

Some of the UI looks a bit rough for a 2018 release but I've been waiting for this game for a while. Not enough non fantasy medieval games made.
26-08-2017, 10:50   #63
Sephiroth_dude
One Winged Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERG89 View Post

Some of the UI looks a bit rough for a 2018 release but I've been waiting for this game for a while. Not enough non fantasy medieval games made.
Looking forward too that.

Nearing the end in uncharted 4, I like the game a lot, the whole pirate thing and
libertalia is really cool and interesting.
26-08-2017, 14:05   #64
Retr0gamer
Category Moderator

Yakuza x Fist of the North Star game is coming out.

My only question is how come it took so long for this to happen?
26-08-2017, 18:03   #65
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retr0gamer View Post
Yakuza x Fist of the North Star game is coming out.

My only question is how come it took so long for this to happen?
Yakuza devs being kept busy! In the west alone, Yakuza 0 at the start of the year, Y: Kiwami 1 next week, Y: 6 early next year and Y: Kiwami 2 I'm guessing late next year. Then an announcement of a new hero for the Yakuza franchise as well.

Advertisement
26-08-2017, 23:54   #66
Sephiroth_dude
One Winged Angel

Just finished uncharted 4, great game, didn't feel too long Imo, ch 13 for me though was when things got interesting, really loved libertalia and how it was designed in the game.
Thanks from:
27-08-2017, 09:04   #67
Taltos

Enjoyed that game too. Only discordant parts were when his wife was in it. Know the actress from Haven so it jarred with me hearing her whiney voice...
27-08-2017, 10:44   #68
CiDeRmAn
Category Moderator

I'll be playing Uncharted 4 for the first time as soon as I finish the single player campaigns in Splatoon 2 and Infinite Warfare, looking forward to it!
27-08-2017, 16:27   #69
J. Marston

Rumours of a Game of Thrones game by Bethesda due to this placeholder on an American shopping site...

https://intl.target.com/c/game-of-th.../N-559pjZ55t8g

Anyone but Bethesda, please. Anyone.

Side quests will be collect 5 milk of the poppy plants. Collect 5 shadowcat pelts, collect 10 Nightshade etc.

And like Skyrim, you'll be master and king/queen of everything. Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, First Sword of Braavos, Archmaester of the Citadel and King/Queen of the seven Kingdoms.

And their trademark, 1000 characters with 4 voice actors to voice them all with one celebrity to do an important role.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
27-08-2017, 16:55   #70
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

As cool as an open world Westeros game would be, I would have zero excitement for it. **** Bethesda for the shyte that was Fallout 4.
(2) thanks from:
27-08-2017, 18:28   #71
Potential-Monke

Didn't take long for a near spat between two people! The joys of a general thread!

Anyway, i'm close to a rut again. I was massively in one after The Witcher 3, but i filled the void with the extremely underrated Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Amazing game imo, had all the right ingredients! Tied me over for a while. Then, i had a slew of games that just didn't click, like Dishonored 2, Deus Ex: MD, The Last Guardian, Dead Rising 4, Far Cry: Primal, Far Cry 4, Homefront: The Revolution, all big games that i thought i normally would be stuck into. Dishonored bored me. Deus Ex didn't hold me like HR, The Last Guardian was missing something to keep me interested, Dead Rising 4 was (like the previous one) broken and unplayable (imo), Homefront had a good idea but it didn't click, Far Cry Primal was very interesting at first but got boring very quickly, Far Cry 4 just felt like 3 with a new map and characters and also bored me...

Then, i got Horizon: Zero Dawn, and it immediately brought me back to my 15 year old self with giddy excitement which i hadn't seen in nearly 2 years! I don't have a single negative point about this game, not a one! Amazing from start to finish! Only shame was there was nothing to do once you Platinum it.

Next up, i was left extremely disappointed by Mass Effect: Andromeda, most highlighted issues aside, it wasn't engaging enough for me. Nothing like the original trilogy. Then i got Nier: Automata, which was refreshing, but i got bored during playthrough 2, and haven't gone back to it.

However, currently playing back through Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition, which is brilliant, as i've never played abything beyond the original story, and i'm close to finishing the main story again, so that to look forward to. Also can't wait on Need for Speed: Payback, which i'm hoping is going to be like Burnout 2: Revenge! And i've a PS4 Pro now, so i've HZD to look forward to again, and i'll eventually pick up TLOU again, as i never played it on the 4.

Still, slogging away online at CoD: IW and NBA2k16 career mode!
28-08-2017, 13:40   #72
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

20 second survey, as found by ironictoaster, asks for your interest in seeing a western release of Yakuza Kiwami 2, Fist of the North Store and an online Yakuza game for mobile/PC.

http://yakuza.sega.com/RGGStudioAnnouncementSurvey/
28-08-2017, 13:52   #73
ShadowHearth

I have a day off, misses at work, kid at nanas and there is no electricity until 5 in the evening. This sucks and blows at the same time.
Played a bit factorio on laptop, but battery will die soon. Have fully charged 3ds... Give monster hunter X another chance or finally try to finish fire emblem birthright.
I have to admit I really burned out with fire emblem after playing a lot of mobile version of it. Still good game, but just could not be arsed... So yeah, first world problems.
Thanks from:
29-08-2017, 00:19   #74
Enfilade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potential-Monke View Post
Didn't take long for a near spat between two people! The joys of a general thread!

Anyway, i'm close to a rut again. I was massively in one after The Witcher 3, but i filled the void with the extremely underrated Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Amazing game imo, had all the right ingredients! Tied me over for a while.

Massive shame they folded, loved Kingdoms of Amalur and it was the right kind of difficulty on hardest setting I actually got it on release to pass the time until mass effect 3 was released.
Thanks from:
29-08-2017, 13:57   #75
boneyarsebogman

Send a message via MSN to boneyarsebogman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-Cool View Post
As cool as an open world Westeros game would be, I would have zero excitement for it. **** Bethesda for the shyte that was Fallout 4.
Man, f*ck Fallout 4.

I was so excited for it. In both 3 & NV I sank in maybe 100+ hours into each. With FO4, I put in maybe... however long the main story was... and that was really about it.

The map was bigger, sure, but that's about it. I'm actually playing NV - about 10 hours in, but I'm already thoroughly enjoying the Karma system once more, the siding with the different groups (and it mattering at all to the total story), and everything else.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion