Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-12-2013, 19:36   #61

New gameplay trailer from VGX.

If combat is fine-tuned, could be excellent.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
11-03-2014, 17:24   #62
ahnowbrowncow

Witcher 3 Delayed until February 2015

Tis more than a bit shit, I've been looking forward to this since it was first announced. Thought it might have been released around August/September this year.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-february-2015
11-03-2014, 17:26   #63
Xenji

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnowbrowncow View Post
Tis more than a bit shit, I've been looking forward to this since it was first announced. Thought it might have been released around August/September this year.

Seems like one next gen disappointment after another
Thanks from:
11-03-2014, 17:27   #64
ShadowHearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnowbrowncow View Post

If there is one developer I trust - its CD Project Red. If they need time, IT MEANS THEY NEED FECKING TIME! They should take as long as they need, I dont mind to wait for Greatness. I dont want bioshock Infinite 2.0 Where to cool parts from trailers did not even made it in to game or were way under used.
11-03-2014, 17:34   #65
mewso

Quote:
In an open letter, the Polish studio said the delay would help the game reach the quality "gamers expect from us".
I expected a broken buggy release followed by an enhanced edition a few months later How history can be rewritten in gamers' minds. I love their games but lets face it their reputation is not as smooth as the current group think seems to suggest. Glad they are taking the time though.

Last edited by mewso; 11-03-2014 at 17:38.
Advertisement
11-03-2014, 17:34   #66
ahnowbrowncow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowHearth View Post
If there is one developer I trust - its CD Project Red. If they need time, IT MEANS THEY NEED FECKING TIME! They should take as long as they need, I dont mind to wait for Greatness. I dont want bioshock Infinite 2.0 Where to cool parts from trailers did not even made it in to game or were way under used.
I understand that but it still is disappointing. It was one of the few games I was looking forward to this year.
11-03-2014, 18:04   #67
dreamers75

Not too bothered still cant beat that big swamp thing from 2.

2 years im at it
11-03-2014, 19:27   #68
Mickeroo
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamers75 View Post
Not too bothered still cant beat that big swamp thing from 2.

2 years im at it
The Kayran? It's easy, just cut its tentacles off, the rest of the fight is a QTE.
11-03-2014, 19:28   #69
MadYaker

Use the trap spell to trap its tentacles and then hack them off. Then run up the bridge on to its head. It is tough though. Took me so many attempts.
Advertisement
12-03-2014, 07:05   #70
Antar Bolaeisk

Send a message via MSN to Antar Bolaeisk
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewso View Post
I expected a broken buggy release followed by an enhanced edition a few months later How history can be rewritten in gamers' minds. I love their games but lets face it their reputation is not as smooth as the current group think seems to suggest. Glad they are taking the time though.
I don't recall either games being that broken or buggy on release, maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention.
12-03-2014, 08:03   #71
BizzyC

I'm actually a little relieved to see the delay now.

I trusted CD Project Red before, but now I'm sure that the game they release will be worth the hype.

Too many studios sacrifice quality to deliver at a certain time, it's good to see someone doing the opposite.
12-03-2014, 08:59   #72
Kiith

Disappointed it's being delayed, but i trust CD Projekt to get it right. Plus, it gives me a chance to replay the 2nd game.
01-04-2014, 18:40   #73
Skerries

they had an accident during a mo-cap session

04-04-2014, 13:59   #74
Xenji

It is a shame about the delay, but if they are giving us areas twice the size of Skyrim it is worth the wait.

Quote:
CD Projekt Red and Umbra Software held a presentation titled “Solving Visibility and Streaming in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with Umbra 3“ at the Game Developers Conference, and it included a very interesting detail (that I happened to overlook when I first examined the original slides) as discovered by Reddit user fughp.

The slides mention the size of two of the areas included in the game: the city of Novigrad measures 8.5 x 8.5 km for a total size of 72,25 square km, while Skellige is 8 x 8 km, meaning 64 square km. Summed up, the two areas cover 136,25 square km, which convert to just north of 52 square miles.

By comparison, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim‘s world has been calculated to measure 14.8 square miles. This means that the two areas named above are already over 3.5 times larger than the whole Skyrim map.

This is actually fairly interesting since back in June CD Projekt RED described The Witcher 3 as 20% larger than Bethesda’s open world game. We currently don’t know if that was just a preliminary estimate, or the Witcher‘s world just got bigger since then.

We reached out to CD Projekt RED requesting information to shed light on the issue, and we’ll keep you updated if we receive any relevant answer. In the meanwhile one thing is for sure: the world of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is pretty damn big.
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/...r-than-skyrim/
28-05-2014, 18:53   #75

CD Projekt RED are having a summer conference on June the 5th, where they'll be showing the new gameplay trailer for The Witcher 3, as well as revealing some details about pre-orders and special editions etc. Full blurb over on GOG.com.

Quote:
BIG announcments incoming: New Witcher 3 gameplay trailer, pre-order details; GOG.com unveils a new project; New addition to Witcherverse! Watch us live on June 5, 6:00PM GMT!

We've got some very exciting news for you, coming both from CD Projekt RED and GOG.com, and we'd like to heartily invite you to watch our special livestream coming your way from Los Angeles, June 5, 6:00PM GMT! We'll be broadcasting a brand new gameplay trailer and announcing the pre-order details for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. We've got even more sheer awesomeness in store for the fans of Geralt, the iconic dark-fantasy hero: we'll be unveiling a new addition to The Witcher universe!

No idea what the last bit refers to. Maybe an English language version of the tv show/movie (event is coming from L.A.)?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion