Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

On my last holiday they put carrots on my pizza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Yester wrote: »
    On my last holiday they put carrots on my pizza.

Cheap or what.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Gotham Pizzeria (Stillorgan and Sth Anne St Dublin) do a pizza called the Little Italy which contains "Bacon and spring onion, baby roast potato, mozzarella cheese and fresh basil pesto"
    It is an absolutely gorgeous pizza!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Doesnt matter what you throw on it, American pizza's are garbage.

Italian is where it is at.

inforfun wrote: »
    Doesnt matter what you throw on it, American pizza's are garbage.

Italian is where it is at.

Reminds me of a story I heard a few years ago, US Navy ship arrives in an Italian port, sailors run off on shore leave.
    One guy runs back and shouts "guess what! They sell pizza here!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

dolanbaker wrote: »
    Reminds me of a story I heard a few years ago, US Navy ship arrives in an Italian port, sailors run off on shore leave.

Yeah, Was once asked in the US if we have Halloween in Ireland.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

dolanbaker wrote: »

I really want that to be true because it panders to all my prejudices.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

beertons wrote: »
    I feel like I've had a stroke trying to comprehend that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,895 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I feel like I've had a stroke trying to comprehend that.

It's not that hard :confused:

Dylan's dad came onto mark his potential future son in law in a game.
    Age not being a factor in who lines out.

GBX wrote: »
    Sure, it would've made sense if I knew what a junior B was beforehand. I initially thought it had something to do with marking the junior cert and corporal punishment :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Even in a junior game?

Dylan's dad came onto mark his potential future son in law in a game.

Too Americanese to travel, most people wouldn't get it.
    I'm not American and didn't get it either.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mark? Lines out?

Translate please.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,895 ✭✭✭✭GBX

New Home wrote: »
    Mark? Lines out?

Translate please.

Mark in a game - cover the opponent. Defend against a particular player.
    Line out - start the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Victor wrote: »
    Even in a junior game?

Junior refers to the grade of play, not age. GAA = Senior, Intermediate, Junior A, Junior B, etc.

Junior B (also affectionately known as the Junior Bellies) can be a combination of young lads on the way up, auld lads on the way down and other assorted player types.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

dulpit wrote: »
    Junior refers to the grade of play, not age. GAA = Senior, Intermediate, Junior A, Junior B, etc.

Junior B (also affectionately known as the Junior Bellies) can be a combination of young lads on the way up, auld lads on the way down and other assorted player types.

ah the lads that use 'I'll educate ya!' as a threat
    and where the fast lads get faster or they'll loose their ankles

Here's a good explanation of American ball games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭stesaurus

What was the Enniskerry team photo that was taken down. I didn't get it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

stesaurus wrote: »
    What was the Enniskerry team photo that was taken down. I didn't get it

Didn't get a joke either. From what I could see it was just a pic of a group of kids in wheelchairs

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

It was a reference to the 9 guys falling off the lorry in the town over the weekend celebrating their county win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Didn't get a joke either. From what I could see it was just a pic of a group of kids in wheelchairs

You don't want to get the joke. There's a video going around of about 8 people falling 10ft to the ground from a trailer. They were celebrating Enniskerry winning a Junior B cup. The video I saw isn't an easy watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

You don't want to get the joke. There's a video going around of about 8 people falling 10ft to the ground from a trailer. They were celebrating Enniskerry winning a Junior B cup. The video I saw isn't an easy watch.

There are three videos doing the rounds on whatsapp that I saw (probably a lot more). The one directly at the back of the bus is f**king horrible, thankfully they are all okay - no serious injuries or head injuries etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Suckit wrote: »
    There are three videos doing the rounds on whatsapp that I saw (probably a lot more). The one directly at the back of the bus is f**king horrible, thankfully they are all okay - no serious injuries or head injuries etc.

That's the one I'm talking about. You see one person landing on their head and neck. Horrible.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They were talking about it at work today, didn't loads of them have to have surgery? I wouldn't call that not having serious injuries...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Compared to what they could have had, certainly none of them can be said to have serious injuries.

You would expect one or two "life changing" injuries from that, but it doesn't appear to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Update on that Junior B story - the father score a point on the daughter's boyfriend: https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2019/1014/1083341-51-year-old-scores-point-on-teenage-daughters-fella/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

beertons wrote: »
    That's disgusting! The size of those black bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Hmmm what's with the name change?

Twas
    So Vegan I forgot to laugh

And now its
    So vegan I forgot to Lunch
    ???

Did I miss something?

• Advertisement

gozunda wrote: »
    Hmmm what's with the name change?

Twas

And now its

???

Did I miss something?

When your a moderator or admin you get to annoy the people who regularly read and post in a thread by messing around trying to be funny.

Ha h.....

Advertisement