Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Apex Legends

Options

Comments

nix wrote: »
    I havent played the new map yet either, hopefully jump in with some mates later, looks like alota fun.

But from what i can see from the trailer, the new map and the colour palette, it looks like a whacky fortnite map, im just hoping they dont start adding dumb **** into the game like fortnite do that ****s up the balance. Titans for example, bring it in sure, but keep it in a separate game mode.
    My first impression of the map was that its setup for the introduction of Titans. And that was before I picked up a charge rifle, which Titanfall fans will know is a weapon for taking down Titans.

In the meantime, I'm having fun sniping people. The only negative is playing as a random is harder as most players have not adapted their style of play to the new maps which to me is geared towards bunkering down in a location and of course my favourite pastime of all, sniping..

I'm often left with the decision to just let them run off and go solo as a sniper or to just tag along and do the same old same running around the map, usually ending up getting snipered myself.

I call that the only negative but honestly it's a pretty big negative that I'm starting to feel like now that it has ruined the game for me. When I do get to play with friends it's great, but jumping in alone as a random is less of an option now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I just play ranked now. I don't even care about the rank but it's where i find most of the stick together types so it's more fun

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Have played a fair bit over the last 2 days, I've come around a bit on the map, initially didn't like it but I do find the High rise apartment blocks add an interesting twist to the combat. Does anyone else find that it can be hard to get suitable optics? Not sure if that's intentional, but it can be annoying when a lot of the engagements are at longer range. All in all though, the games still great, and didn't feel any regrets about dropping 20 euro for the battle pass and crypto.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

They need to slow the circle down a bit. The map is massive, you can't keep pace with the ring which can be a game loser especially the first one when you are trying to gear. It's a bigger map, slow it down lads

They need to slow the circle down a bit. The map is massive, you can't keep pace with the ring which can be a game loser especially the first one when you are trying to gear. It's a bigger map, slow it down lads

I'd prefer less time when the circle isn't moving in exchange for a slower moving circle. Nobody wants to die to the circle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

I've gotten 5 wins on the new map so far and 2 of those I didn't do anything, the circle got the last squad. One, I literally had zero damage done as I didn't encounter any enemies at all, and my teammates died at the start after also doing 0 and 34 damage respectively. The other I had a fair few kills but in the end as I patiently waited alone with a Kraber, the last 2 squads scrapping it out left it too late to outrun the final ring.

The circle causes more damage as the game goes on. I found out the hard way trying to use it to flank my opponent only to be killed in two bites.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

The circle causes more damage as the game goes on. I found out the hard way trying to use it to flank my opponent only to be killed in two bites.

Lifeline's health Droid also doesn't survive in the circle anymore

Oh I know but the first one will completely outpace you now and cos the maps so big you will die

Was it always the case that the zone just spawned into existence rather than creeping in from the edge of the map? Was looting away yesterday and next thing I was instantly outside of zone. I thought you always had some opportunity to get moving?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Was it always the case that the zone just spawned into existence rather than creeping in from the edge of the map? Was looting away yesterday and next thing I was instantly outside of zone. I thought you always had some opportunity to get moving?

Yeah it never spawned on you in Kings canyon, so they're either trying something new or its a bug. Spawning on you is a bit harsh so im guessing mistake :D

Does it happen a lot? I havent got to play much yet of the new map.

How are eas servers always down

Ive a feeling you weren't paying much attention and were on the edge of a map, it doesn't spawn on you

Ive a feeling you weren't paying much attention and were on the edge of a map, it doesn't spawn on you

It definitely did, as it went from not being there at all to being 100 feet in front of me instantly.

I wonder would that happen if the first circle is at a corner. I've been trying to check the map to see if it instantly appears at the opposite corner

Got my favourite win so far. End game with Crypto and a sniper, picking them off one by one. Good job me :-)

Got my favourite win so far. End game with Crypto and a sniper, picking them off one by one. Good job me :-)

Wins are a bit harder to come by on this map, maybe I've just been unlucky with randoms, there's a crazy insistence in dropping at the trainyard, which doesn't seem to have enough quality loot for a team of 3. I've noticed also that people in general seem far more inclined to drop hot, often times resulting in getting wiped out in the first 3 minutes :(

I feel like I've gotten involved in a lot more team sandwiches on this map. I don't know if it's the way the circles go or what but it's so frustrating when you get picked off from behind by a third team. That said I've also had a lot more wins and kills. I was playing last night trying to get my daily challenge of threee knockdowns with Pathfinder and was really struggling to get the third, I said I'd play one more before bed and ending up getting 5 kills and we won the game.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I feel like I've gotten involved in a lot more team sandwiches on this map. I don't know if it's the way the circles go or what but it's so frustrating when you get picked off from behind by a third team. That said I've also had a lot more wins and kills. I was playing last night trying to get my daily challenge of threee knockdowns with Pathfinder and was really struggling to get the third, I said I'd play one more before bed and ending up getting 5 kills and we won the game.

Yup, I reckon its cause there are more open areas with very little happening in them that causes this, and the bigger map means youre on the move more often to get ahead of the ring. by the time the ring moves for the third time, you're almost guaranteed to have teams converging together.

Yup, I reckon its cause there are more open areas with very little happening in them that causes this, and the bigger map means youre on the move more often to get ahead of the ring. by the time the ring moves for the third time, you're almost guaranteed to have teams converging together.
    This is where good positioning and a sniper come in handy. Theres a but of luck involved, if the ring forces you to move you're back to running on the ground and facing skirmishes. It helps when you have a Path finder who actually uses the map scanners.

The hot dropping into the train yard is all about getting the 3 knockdown achievement I think. There is usually a get 3 knockdowns in a specific area achievement in most weeks I think.

It really does spoil the game. I cant remember if I was told this or read it but statistically the players with most wins land out on the edges and make their way in and personally I find when I'm on a team like this I usually do quite well.

• Advertisement

The new voice lines make it much clearer when a third teams shows up too. I like how Octane loses his **** :)

I witnessed this today. The first circle was in the corner of the map. It appeared instantly at the edges of the other corners.

This is where good positioning and a sniper come in handy. Theres a but of luck involved, if the ring forces you to move you're back to running on the ground and facing skirmishes. It helps when you have a Path finder who actually uses the map scanners.

The hot dropping into the train yard is all about getting the 3 knockdown achievement I think. There is usually a get 3 knockdowns in a specific area achievement in most weeks I think.

It really does spoil the game. I cant remember if I was told this or read it but statistically the players with most wins land out on the edges and make their way in and personally I find when I'm on a team like this I usually do quite well.

Any win I've ever gotten , was with people who land safe, get reasonably well looted, but then aggressively push the third partying and feck off somewhere quiet once the looting is done. Roaming looking for wanderers, or hunkering down hiding in zone, never seem to play out in our favour as you inevitably end up getting caught between 2 teams yourself. Got a cool win the other day where we were savvy enough to not stay in the final circle, but pushed the final team, who had to cross lava to get to safety whilst they were healing from wiping the 3rd placed team, the fight was over nearly as quickly as it began.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

90% of my wins are as above as well. Know when to engage, know when to sneak and circle/flank/disengage. Pretty much the formula for last few squads and/or victory. I've won a fair few games where I didn't even have to fight to win in the end, circle got the last squad.

Sticking to ranked games now. Up to silver and the quality of games has improved 10 fold.

Do you keep your tier in between seasons? Don't fancy having to slog through bronze every season.

To answer my own question, there was a soft reset at the start of season 3 which saw your rank drop 1.5 tiers.

Sticking to ranked games now. Up to silver and the quality of games has improved 10 fold.

Do you keep your tier in between seasons? Don't fancy having to slog through bronze every season.

To answer my own question, there was a soft reset at the start of season 3 which saw your rank drop 1.5 tiers.

I think I went from mid silver to mid bronze in the reset

Shadowfall is class!!

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Shadowfall is class!!

I got some hop when I opened a supply bin and there was a zombie in it!

Yeah **** those crate zombies and spiders! Kinda of a shame that it's solos only. Would say it would be great craic with a group of friends trying to shoot your way to the drop ship.

• Advertisement

Haven't seen any zombies but the spiders are scary. I also wish there was a multiplayer, it would be class when your shadows. Shotguns are where it's at, can't wait to get an Eva-8 with a double-tap. It's a handy way to rack up the kills as well.

Advertisement