Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FPL Wildcard Thread 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Checking in. Got two weeks to build some potential nice price rises from the likes of Connolly, McGovern and the entire villa team.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭COH

Urge to WC rising steadily....

Ryan - McGovern
    Otamendi - TAA - Tomori - Lundstrum - Kelly
    Mane - Sterling - KDB - McGinn - Mount
    Wilson - Abraham - Connolly

Any thoughts/comments? Would leave me with 0.5itb for contingencies

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Checking in. Got two weeks to build some potential nice price rises from the likes of Connolly, McGovern and the entire villa team.

Players don't rise twice during international breaks. Don't even waste your time.
    It's probably even more difficult for the lot you mentioned as many were closer to a fall than a rise, so will have to do twice the movement to even get the first rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭COH

COH wrote: »
    Urge to WC rising steadily....

Ryan - McGovern
    Otamendi - TAA - Tomori - Lundstrum - Kelly
    Mane - Sterling - KDB - McGinn - Mount
    Wilson - Abraham - Connolly

Any thoughts/comments? Would leave me with 0.5itb for contingencies

Didnt so this... missed the price swings. Im a dope. Might just keep the WC now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Pulled the trigger Saturday finally found a draft I'm happy with but nervous going without pool attack

Gazzaniga pope
    Chambers Pereira taa targett Kelly
    Jorginho mount maddison kdb dilva
    Abraham auba cilson
    1.7 itb

Would be 3-4-3 with rotating 3rd defender depending on fixtures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Pulled the trigger Saturday finally found a draft I'm happy with but nervous going without pool attack

Gazzaniga pope
    Chambers Pereira taa targett Kelly
    Jorginho mount maddison kdb dilva
    Abraham auba cilson
    1.7 itb

Would be 3-4-3 with rotating 3rd defender depending on fixtures

Gazzaniga, Chambers and Jorginho are all traps, in my opinion. Best off sticking with Pope and sticking in a 4m keeper (McGovern perhaps). Arsenal just cannot defend and Chambers could be dropped. Again with Jorginho, the extra 0.7m will be much better spent elsewhere if you bring in Dendoncker. You'd have a nice 2.8m to upgrade your team then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Gazzaniga, Chambers and Jorginho are all traps, in my opinion. Best off sticking with Pope and sticking in a 4m keeper (McGovern perhaps). Arsenal just cannot defend and Chambers could be dropped. Again with Jorginho, the extra 0.7m will be much better spent elsewhere if you bring in Dendoncker. You'd have a nice 2.8m to upgrade your team then.

Exactly this. And you could be well on your way to a Dilva-Mane switch. I get the idea of a city double up but if it isn't Sterling or Kun I think upgrading Dilva would be the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Gazzinga getting a run of 9-10 games anyway. Lloris confirmed out for rest of year.

Exactly this. And you could be well on your way to a Dilva-Mane switch. I get the idea of a city double up but if it isn't Sterling or Kun I think upgrading Dilva would be the way to go.

Thanks fellas back to tinkering it is. Kdb taa auba and Abraham the only ones I'm set on so far. I'm nearly ok with a punt on chambers as arsenal look alot more solid when he plays and at the price it's an easy switch if he doesn't get a spot.

Is big at the back dead? Just threw together a team there and can fit kdb mane mount and auba in too...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Lots of cheap options at the back out performer more expensive ones. Kelly or Ward at palace, lundstrum, Lowton/Pieters(inj), Dunk and many more. I think 3 of them plus one of the Liverpool lads is the way to go

Also Leicester have budget options and a good run of fixtures coming up whereas sheff utds fixtures are taking a turn...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Colking

Hi there, I'm on wildcard and like everyone I'm trying to forecast the best blend of teams to have.

A couple of thoughts that have been shaping my team :

Leicester's good run, I want at least one of their attacking assets and possibly 2.

Arsenals good run I want Aubameyang. He's 11 million though and I'm not sure if he'll experience some rotation once Lacazette comes back (currently listed as a possible return for the 27th of October) To be honest I wouldn't touch anyone else from Arsenal right now.

Chelseas good run I've had Mount and Tammy for a while and I don't see that changing. I was tempted by Tomori but his performance against Southampton didn't fill me with confidence. He's still young and has a few mistakes each game I feel.

Liverpool Many people are talking about their bad run but lets face it, with Alisson back in goal (most likely against Man U)it helps the Defense and is it really a bad run ? They face Man Utd A, Spurs H, Aston Villa A, MCI H, Crystal Palace. Probably the best possible time to face Man U, Spurs and Man City. I would like to keep Robertson and Trent but they are expensive. I probably have a stubborn streak when it comes to Salah and should really look at Mane.

The below are 4 options that I'm currently considering. I'd appreciate it if you could shred them and tell me where I'm going wrong/could look at an alternative.

Option A - Possibly my favourite option at the moment even though it does not include Aubameyang

ljJxpmK.jpg

Option B - No Aubameyang and only 1 Leicester Attack

g9zgGAS.jpg

Option C - Ticks most of the boxes but Silva instead of Sterling (can stretch to a 7.8 midfielder if I downgrade Rico to Reid.

b2TKK9O.jpg

Option D - Heavy attack up front but no Liverpool Attacker.

S2dVqDw.jpg

All thoughts appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

C

3 Leicester is overkill so wouldn't do the other one

C is nicely balanced

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭skippy15

I much prefer A prob followed by C
    Only change id do is Madison/ Connolly- for a 4.5 m and a 7m type attacker Jimi/ Pukki/ Wilson at a stretch, also saves on 3 leicster which I think is too much

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

If I was on a WC I think I'd be looking at a Vardy/Jimi/Tammy front three

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Green&Red wrote: »
    If I was on a WC I think I'd be looking at a Vardy/Jimi/Tammy front three

I'm opting for Maddison of Leicester instead.

My WC is currently sitting on:

Heaton
    Boly Soyuncu Tomori
    Maddison Mount Mane Sterling
    Tammy Aubameyang King

Bench: Pope McGinn Lundstram Dunk.

Tempted to swap Sterling to KDB but gonna keep the faith

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Currently sitting on:

Pope McGovern
    Robertson Soyuncu Kelly Rico Lundstram
    Salah Sterling KDB Mount McGinn
    Abraham Vardy Connelly

I think there's lots of value to be found in the Bargain Bin for defenders this year. I'd imagine Robbo and Soyuncu would start every week, with the other three rotated fixtures dependant.

Keeping the faith with Salah over Mane for the moment, as I think his consistency is worth the extra cash.

No issues with the double Chelsea attack, they're flying atm and have great fixtures.

Not convinced by Sterling, Auba is giving me the eyes also so that's something I'm looking at.

5 in midfield or 3 up front? Struggling to make my mind up.. Have decided on aguero over sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

I'm looking at:

Ryan (McGovern)

TAA, Robertson, Chilwell (Lundstram, Kelly)

Mane, Sterling, KDB, Mount (Saka)

Abraham, CWilson, Connolly

I think I'm pretty happy with this, all apart from Saka. Any thoughts on a better option than him for 4.6m? With Lacazette returning I'm fearing it's a wildcard pick that's a transfer in waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

elefant wrote: »
    I'm looking at:

Ryan (McGovern)

TAA, Robertson, Chilwell (Lundstram, Kelly)

Mane, Sterling, KDB, Mount (Saka)

Abraham, CWilson, Connolly

I think I'm pretty happy with this, all apart from Saka. Any thoughts on a better option than him for 4.6m? With Lacazette returning I'm fearing it's a wildcard pick that's a transfer in waiting.

You are looking at playing one of Lundstrum saka or Connolly every week
    As you said saka is likely to be a sub soon. Connolly could be too. So Lundstrum every week .........
    Downgrade Robertson
    Upgrade saka or Connolly
    There are probably more options around the 6 mark in midfield than striker though so saka

If it was me I’d also downgrade chilwell to Soyoncu and get a cheap rotation going
    Look at the fixture runs over the next 6/7 weeks and you will see far better value than double pool defence
    I’d keep TAA though if I had him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

km79 wrote: »
    You are looking at playing one of Lundstrum saka or Connolly every week
    As you said saka is likely to be a sub soon. Connolly could be too. So Lundstrum every week .........
    Downgrade Robertson
    Upgrade saka or Connolly
    There are probably more options around the 6 mark in midfield than striker though so saka

If it was me I’d also downgrade chilwell to Soyoncu and get a cheap rotation going
    Look at the fixture runs over the next 6/7 weeks and you will see far better value than double pool defence
    I’d keep TAA though if I had him

Cheers, that's a little bit of the shove I needed on Robertson. He's done okay for me, and stubbornly been holding him but you're right.

Robertson/Chilwell/Saka/Connolly to
    Tomori/Soyuncu/Cantwell/Jimenez

looks a bit of a no-brainer when you get over losing Robertson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

elefant wrote: »
    Cheers, that's a little bit of the shove I needed on Robertson. He's done okay for me, and stubbornly been holding him but you're right.

Robertson/Chilwell/Saka/Connolly to
    Tomori/Soyuncu/Cantwell/Jimenez

looks a bit of a no-brainer when you get over losing Robertson.

That’s infinitely better
    I want Jiminez myself but means selling one of AAA so I’ll have to wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Think i'm settled on

Pope, Heaton

Chambers, Pieters, Lundstram, Soyunchu, Guilbert

Salah, KDB, Sterling, Mount, Cantwell

C.Wilson, Abraham, Haller

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Colking

I'm debating the following options now:

Option A:

Double Liverpool Defense seems like madness but I'm just viewing them as an extra 2 midfielders.

iu1yVzD.jpg

Option B:

A strong attack, with a reasonable Defense

HGcdl2x.jpg

Option C:

A slightly risky wolves pick in Jiminez, Lundstram and Rico rotate reasonably well.

22BNzi8.jpg

All of the options above suffer from not having any Arsenal attack.

Option C, which is the one I'm currently leaning towards has no Leicester or Arsenal.

Any thoughts ?

Final decision comes down to

A
    Vvd dilva Wilson

B
    Matip traore auba

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Think i'm settled on

Pope, Heaton

Chambers, Pieters, Lundstram, Soyunchu, Guilbert

Salah, KDB, Sterling, Mount, Cantwell

C.Wilson, Abraham, Haller

I'd re-visit your defence/GKs

I'm struggling to see the plan for double AVL/BUR in the back 7. How often will you play 2 Villa or 2 Burnley?

Keep an eye on the negative price trends re. Cantwell and Salah.

I'd consider dropping to one GK, Cantwell to 4.4M and go from there. GL

@Colking
    Have you considered a place holder for Robertson?
    Tierney would be a gamble perhaps but Pereira or Willems (Ritchie may have to oust a midfielder when he's fit again), Schar or Doherty (Traore may be pushing for a forward spot now)

I'd pick Maddison ahead of Vardy. GL

Final decision comes down to

A
    Vvd dilva Wilson

B
    Matip traore auba

B and the spare cash.
    Djenepo (Mane v2.0 perhaps!) could be an option in a few GWs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

ElTel wrote: »
    @Colking
    Have you considered a place holder for Robertson?
    Tierney would be a gamble perhaps but Pereira or Willems (Ritchie may have to oust a midfielder when he's fit again), Schar or Doherty (Traore may be pushing for a forward spot now)

I'd pick Maddison ahead of Vardy. GL

Tierney for now is a wait and see, but do think he will be in alot of teams in a few weeks.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Tierney for now is a wait and see, but do think he will be in alot of teams in a few weeks.

True enough but for WCers (with bench cover) they could "reason" that Kola played 90mins twice during the IB so Tierney plays this GW, Kola plays EL Thursday and Tierney gets in again for Palace at home.

Of course it's still risky (match is Monday and Kola has been back since Thursday probably) and it's an Arsenal defender!

• Advertisement

Right I'm busy in the morning so I'm finished on

Allison
    Taa robbo azpi
    Kdb Cho yarmo madders
    Tammy kun Wilson

Button lascelles rico dend

.3 itb

I've weighed it out and happy to go with the risks. Lascelles is there for gw12/13

Advertisement