Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 yr/old drag kid worshiped within LGBTQ community (Mod warning op)

• 05-01-2019 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

I'm not sure if everyone is familiar with with "Amazing Desmond" as he is known, (a google search will do the trick)
    but he's an 11 year old boy/drag performer who has exploded into mainstream media lately. He has been on major tv shows in the US and seems to be becoming a very celebratory figure within the lgbtq's.

Here he is dancing at a gay bar receiving dollar bills while dressed very "sparsely"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EZ60tqJB4c

I have also seen a video where the drug ketamine is brought up in conversation, upon hearing the word the child then proceeds to "snort" an imaginary line from his hand. After doing a bit of research some of the people the child is surrounded by seem to be very "pro-drug" figures.

Is it wrong for me to say there is a chance this child is being manipulated?.
    I genuinely feel sorry for Desmond as he has been in this type of space since the age of 7.

Can you imagine if it was a semi-naked 11 year old girl dancing at a bar for money? The bar would be shut down immediately and rightly so IMO.

Are we now becoming so overly tolerant where people are now afraid to criticize actions within certain groups it in fear of being called a "bigot" ?

Mod warning-Anyone attempting to conflate,amalgamate,consolidate,converge,fuse,meld,unify,unite,blend,coalesce,combine,commingle,network,mingle,mix or pool LGBT and pedophilia will be severely punished.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

More like pedophiles trying to normalize their fetish via mainstream communities.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Sick puppies

• Registered Users Posts: 25,594 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

splashuum wrote: »
    Is it wrong for me to say there is a chance this child is being manipulated?.

Yes, it is wrong of you.

He is being abused - not merely manipulated.

It feels like we're heading back to the 70s when people were starting to have serious conversations about kids and sex :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

That shytes not right.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

Time to extend that acronym to the "LGBTQP" community

Mod-Banned

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

And before the lock I'll tell ye that MAPs and NOMAPs are actively trying to piggyback their way into acceptance via the use of transgender ideology, just as NAMBLA tried to piggyback in on gay rights in the 1970s.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Zorya wrote: »
    And before the lock I'll tell ye that MAPs and NOMAPs are actively trying to piggyback their way into acceptance via the use of transgender ideology, just as NAMBLA tried to piggyback in on gay rights in the 1970s.

I had to Google NOMAPS.
    Too many Acronyms in today's world.
    WTF like, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,455 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

The thread title is fairly clickbaity in fairness.

What you’re talking about are a very small cohort of idiots who love this kind of shìte. Most people see it for what it is - identity politics and sticking it to the man 101.

As for the idea that if it was a girl, this particular circus would be shut down? I’m not sure you’re aware of the many, many young girls who are encouraged by their parents to parade themselves for the benefit of other adults - child beauty pageants and so on - it’s big business in the US.

Wtf did i just watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,876 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It's not the drag element of it that bothers me - or the fact that he might be promoted by said community - it's the fact that he's in an adult nightclub (if that is indeed the case - only seen a glimpse of the video) that would bother me.

But I'm surprised that authorities have not stepped in if that WAS the case, which makes me suspicious about some of the claims about that this kid is (and is not) exposed to.

Have we any evidence of the imitation-shorting element claimed by the OP? And the context it was in?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Kids like this are like vegetarian dogs/cats, we all know who's making the decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 DaverageJoe

Wtf did i just watch.

You tell me because there's no way I'm clicking on a video linked with the words "11 year old sparsely dressed drag performer."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I saw a clip of him with convicted murderer Michael alig. I mean wtf, who let's their young kid hang out with a drug addict who killed someone and dismembered him. Desmond seemed pretty out of it in that video too, extremely disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

What you’re talking about are a very small cohort of idiots

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2018/08/09/drag-kid-desmond-is-amazing-tells-lgbtq-youth-to-be-themselves.html

CNBC one of the largest broadcasters in the US promotes his work. I feel it’s much larger than just a small cohort of idiots.

It's not the drag element of it that bothers me - or the fact that he might be promoted by said community - it's the fact that he's in an adult nightclub (if that is indeed the case - only seen a glimpse of the video) that would bother me.

But I'm surprised that authorities have not stepped in if that WAS the case, which makes me suspicious about some of the claims about that this kid is (and is not) exposed to.

It was Club Whoa! in Brooklyn.

Desmond has been pimped out by his parents since he was about 6.
    Twerking half naked at a Pride parade...

You tell me because there's no way I'm clicking on a video linked with the words "11 year old sparsely dressed drag performer."

Sparsely means fell-length jeans, apparently. I've seen more "sparsely-dressed" hot-blooded 40-year-old guys outside pubs in the summer wacthing football and riding Harley Davidson motorocycles!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Ive heard this kind of thing is rife in Afghanistan,

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Robocop Corcoran

Deviants.

It was Club Whoa! in Brooklyn.

Desmond has been pimped out by his parents since he was about 6.
    Twerking half naked at a Pride parade...

Yeah, the twerking's a bit far, granted. But as for just dressing up in drag? Meh. Non-story.

I think the "pimping out" is a bit of an exaggeration. His website says he's known he was gay since two or three and I'm pretty sure they're not doing it for financial benefit. That or you don;t know the meaning of the verb "to pimp".

Sparsely means fell-length jeans, apparently. I've seen more "sparsely-dressed" hot-blooded 40-year-old guys outside pubs in the summer wacthing football and riding Harley Davidson motorocycles!

Okay how about mimicking sexualised adults and dressed in crop top with full face makeup and blond hair to convey a facsimile of a female. That suit you better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

If this was an 11 year old girl dancing infront of adult men there would be absolute outrage and rightly so. I just don't get why there is such support of this obvious abuse of a young boy.

We live in really f**ked up times.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,229 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

He should be allowed to do whatever he wants as long as its not overtly sexual in nature. The video above of him dancing in only hot pants at what looks like a gay pride march is a little too far to be honest.
    Once he's old enough he can do what he likes, what's going on with him at the moment seems a little irresponsible.

Glazers Out!

Yeah, the twerking's a bit far, granted. But as for just dressing up in drag? Meh. Non-story.

I think the "pimping out" is a bit of an exaggeration. His website says he's known he was gay since two or three and I'm pretty sure they're not doing it for financial benefit. That or you don;t know the meaning of the verb "to pimp".

I'm pretty sure his unemployed parents collected the appearance fee for their 11 year old son when he danced onstage late at night in a gay bar in Brooklyn. I'm pretty sure that is called pimping. Oh, and the tips, I'm sure they did not leave them behind

Okay how about mimicking sexualised adults and dressed in crop top with full face makeup and blond hair to convey a facsimile of a female. That suit you better?

Not a question of suitung "me" it's a question of accuracy. I've seen kids in speedos at swimming pools and on beaches - THAT'S sparsely dressed - and yet no one complains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Hopefully the mothership turns up... So I can get the hell off this planet

I'm pretty sure his unemployed parents collected the appearance fee for their 11 year old son when he danced onstage late at night in a gay bar in Brooklyn. I'm pretty sure that is called pimping. Oh, and the tips, I'm sure they did not leave them behind

.... how do you know they don;t but it in a sepearte account for when he turns 18? Where's the "self-benefit" proven?

Assumption.

Already addressed the club element in my first post.

Not a question of suitung "me" it's a question of accuracy. I've seen kids in speedos at swimming pools and on beaches - THAT'S sparsely dressed - and yet no one complains.

The mental gymnastics. :rolleyes: Unbelievable.

Go on ahead. I won't be following you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

This kid is going to be a complete mess by the time he hits his late 20's. His parents are a disgrace. And a society that condones this is sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Locked for a clean up and some banning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Cleaned up and reopened.

Anyone attempting to conflate,amalgamate,consolidate,converge,fuse,meld,unify,unite,blend,coalesce,combine,commingle,network,mingle,mix or pool LGBT and pedophilia will be severely punished.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement