Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Albums without a single bad track on them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,950 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Queen - Sheer Heart Attack

Def Leppard - Pyromania

Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible

Radiohead - OK Computer (yes, even Fitter Happier!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

Van Morrison - astral weeks. Best album of his with moondance and veedon fleece a close second and third.

Derek and the dominoes- Layla best rock album ever made imo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Making Movies- Dire Straits.
    Forever Changes- Love
    Bryter Later- Nick Drake
    It's great when you're straight- Black Grape
    Strong Persuader- Robert Cray.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I see some people are listing off their favourite albums. Remember this is about albums without a single bad track. Some of my favourite albums have a few off tracks so I can't list them here!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,662 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

blue note wrote: »
    What a great thread. I hadn't seen it before but having read the first 10 pages it just brought back heaps of great memories of great albums. And it really shows the difference in people's opinions on who's great and what's a great album.

Just to throw a few into the list

Leonard Cohen - I'm your man
    Lou Reed - transformer
    Santana - abraxas
    Jeff Buckley - grace
    The clash - Londons calling
    Antony and the johnsons - I am a bird now
    eels - beautiful freak
    John mayall with Eric Clapton- blues breakers
    Eric Clapton mtv unplugged
    St Germain- tourist

I don't think there's a weak track on any of them.

Good list but I'd say I'm Your Man fails due to Jazz Police.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

Wham- make it BIG !😜

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭supernova5

Deja Vu by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - a great album

[I'm sure you've all heard it before]

I just had a listen to an album I not heard in a while - Still Got The Blues by Gary Moore. I was surprised to find that I liked every track. I'm pretty sure that I used to skip at least two tracks! Again, like at least one other album I mentioned, some of the tracks must have grown on me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭FHFM50

Sufjan Stevens - Illinois

• Registered Users Posts: 8,564 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Ride on and ordinary man from Christy Moore.
    Hard station Paul Brady.
    Rattlesnakes Lloyd Cole.
    The Wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,564 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I just had a listen to an album I not heard in a while - Still Got The Blues by Gary Moore. I was surprised to find that I liked every track. I'm pretty sure that I used to skip at least two tracks! Again, like at least one other album I mentioned, some of the tracks must have grown on me!

That does happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

CoBo55 wrote: »
    That does happen.

I love when that happens. Easily my favourite part of going back to an album.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

joeguevara wrote: »
    Pulp - Different Class has no bad songs on it. Absolute belter of an album.

absolute classic - defined an era
    was in my early 20s and I must have listened to the album about 1000 times!!

'Why live in the world when you can live in your head'

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Libadour

000eb11a-614.jpg?ratio=1

I'm just after re-listening to Play by Moby. That last track, My Weakness, has surprisingly grown on me. As a result, this is now another album without a dud track for me. I used to totally discard that last track!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭fluke

AC/DC - Back In Black
    Jeff Buckley - Grace
    Arcade Fire - Funeral
    Pearl Jam - Binaural
    Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill
    Taylor Swift - 1989

• Registered Users Posts: 26,960 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Counting crows : August and everything after

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

I still think "Made in Japan" is the greatest live album ever made. Child in time is unreal.

But then, I'm old.

I have been listening to Electronic by Electronic again. That's another one on my list of "Albums without a single bad track on them". It's been a few months since I listened to an album without a single dud track!

I still suspect that some people are just posting their favourite albums without any regard to whether or not they like every single track, the point of this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I am not a massive Smashing Pumpkins fan, but Siamese Dream was solid from start to finish.

Lots of people have already suggested Rumours by Fleetwood Mac and Pet Sounds (Beach Boys) and I agree with that.

Not sure if Weezer's Blue Album was mentioned, but there you go. I stand by that one.

I suggested 76:14 by Global Communication earlier in the thread, but I would like that stricken from the record. The album is nearly perfect, but I listened to it again and and 0:54 is effectively an interlude and not good as a standalone track.

Closing Time by Tom Waits is not in my top 10 albums by Tom Waits. But I don't think it has a bad track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

D9Male wrote: »
    I am not a massive Smashing Pumpkins fan, but Siamese Dream was solid from start to finish.

Lots of people have already suggested Rumours by Fleetwood Mac and Pet Sounds (Beach Boys) and I agree with that.

Not sure if Weezer's Blue Album was mentioned, but there you go. I stand by that one.

I suggested 76:14 by Global Communication earlier in the thread, but I would like that stricken from the record. The album is nearly perfect, but I listened to it again and and 0:54 is effectively an interlude and not good as a standalone track.

Closing Time by Tom Waits is not in my top 10 albums by Tom Waits. But I don't think it has a bad track.

I was listening to the Blue Album during the week for the first time in an age. I might have to concur with that sentiment.

I'm also gonna stick my head up above the parapet here and suggest a live album: Alive 2007. Having had the pleasure of being at that Bercy gig in July 2007, it could be surmised that I am being biased from a nostalgic pov, but merely "okay" songs from the likes of Human After All were elevated to incredible anthems during that tour/show.

After hundreds of listens over the last decade, I can't help but place it in this exalted "perfect" album strata.

Though, given my only other entry onto this thread was "OK Cowboy" by Vitalic, this should be no real surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

At least a couple of Nick Cave albums could mention here, but my choice would be And No More Shall We Part which i think not only hasnt a single bad track on it, but contains several that are up there with his finest work. Lots disagree with me, but i regard it as his all time classic record.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Esho

Morcheeba - Who can you trust
    Mad Professor/ Massive Attack - No Protection

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Lockheed

The Hurting by Tears for Fears is pretty solid, the whole way through. shame their later albums were nowhere near as good.

Lockheed wrote: »
    The Hurting by Tears for Fears is pretty solid, the whole way through. shame their later albums were nowhere near as good.

I would be a bit different on that one. I like some of The Hurting but not all of it.

On the other hand, I liked every track on Tears for Fears' second album Songs From the Big Chair!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Discovery by Daft Punk would be the one that springs to mind right now.

I've seen Homework mentioned but I find it to be too long in parts and quite raw as well. Discovery is a polished effort and flows seemlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,662 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Lockheed wrote: »
    I would be a bit different on that one. I like some of The Hurting but not all of it.

On the other hand, I liked every track on Tears for Fears' second album Songs From the Big Chair!

Likewise - I think Songs From The Big Chair and The Seeds Of Love (both eight track albums) are pretty flawless. The Hurting is very good but stops short of being a 10/10 album.

The Super Deluxe Editions of all are pretty great
    154224221_10165103621895089_7438007391458277989_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=AFCCvZefziQAX80dXjp&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=6d55db5d3296211762978f62e79dacc0&oe=605CA41A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Soundgarden - Superunknown
    Weezer - the blue album
    Stone Temple Pilots - Purple

I was listening to Been There, Seen That, Done That by Something Happens! for the first time in a number of years. I liked every single track without exception.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭JackTC

I cannot recommend Carrie & Lowell by Sufjan Stevens enough.

It is (in my opinion) the greatest album of the last 10 years

Advertisement