Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Wheelers Open Races - 7th March 2020

• 27-02-2020 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi all,

The 2020 edition of the Dublin Wheelers Cycling Club’s open races will be held on Saturday 7th March. Sign on will be from 9am at Race HQ: Summerhill Community Centre, Co. Meath, closing at 10am.

Details of the races are as follows:
    Race 1: Mick Lally Memorial Race (A+, A1, A2)
    Race 2: Ian Gallahar Memorial Race (A3)
    Race 3: Willie Marks Memorial Race (A4)

Registration for all 3 races will be via Cycling Ireland’s online registration facility. Because of the narrow roads, there will be a limit of 80 competitors in each of the races. Registration on the day will only be possible, if we do not fill our quota – and then only on a ‘first come, first served’ basis up to 80 competitors in each of the events. .

Register Online

Sign on 9am to 10am

Racing starts at 10:30am.

Datasheet

Route Map

If you haven't yet renewed your Cycling Ireland Licence for 2020 can you please do so before tomorrow the 28th of February so that Cycling Ireland have enough time to send your numbers and licence out to you before the race.

If next week you are still waiting on them to arrive from Cycling Ireland then please come with a print out of the licence from the members area of the CI website and bring some identifying race number with you – previous year’s numbers will do.

We look forward to welcoming you for what is always a fantastic day of racing.

Any questions feel free to put them in the thread and I'll answer them.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Signed up, great circuit, any other A3s from here signed up?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭lennymc

CramCycle wrote: »
    Signed up, great circuit, any other A3s from here signed up?

might see you there cram

lennymc wrote: »
    might see you there cram

I have been off the bike for over a week with a knee injury, hoping to start back tomorrow, hoping it hasn't thrown me off my game too much. Remember go from the turn to the finish, I'll be right behind you to offer emotional support :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭lennymc

I have been off the bike for over a week with a knee injury, hoping to start back tomorrow, hoping it hasn't thrown me off my game too much. Remember go from the turn to the finish, I'll be right behind you to offer emotional support :pac:

I admire your belief in my ability to be anywhere near the bunch at the turn to the finish....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭dahat

80 riders is ideal for a season opener, I'd love to make it but can't travel on Saturdays until school is done for the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I call BS, this sounds like a hard taper is in effect ;)

dahat wrote: »
    80 riders is ideal for a season opener, I'd love to make it but can't travel on Saturdays until school is done for the summer.
    It is, and its a nice fast paced start to thin out the herd really quick. General rule of thumb is if you can stick with the front going over the bump after Doreys Forge you will hang in there. I have only managed this once.
    Bambaata wrote: »
    I call BS, this sounds like a hard taper is in effect ;)

I really wish, I am still going from the corner if I manage to hang in there. I don't have a sprint, so if I hang in there you can use me as a long distance lead out train.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭Bambaata

For anyone not yet entered and still thinking of going the A3 race is full but there are some spots in the A1/2 and A4 races
    There will be sign on available on the day on a first come first served basis for the A1/2 race and A4 race.

Spaces available as follows:

A1/2 race - 30
    A4 race - 30

The A3 race is full so there will be NO entries accepted on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭royrogers

Any results???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭G1032

royrogers wrote: »
    Any results???

Charlie Prendergast won, Richie Meaney 3rd. Don't have any info other than that 😉
    Nothing on Stickybottle yet

• Advertisement

Just to say a well done to Dublin Wheelers for an excellent race today, marshalling was excellent, as were the comms, greatway to start the year. Great organisation, timing was on the nose, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Any new instructions from comms regarding white line rules?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,282 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Just to say a well done to Dublin Wheelers for an excellent race today, marshalling was excellent
    i happened to find myself on some of the roads the race was on earlier, the number of marshals was very impressive.

dahat wrote: »
    Any new instructions from comms regarding white line rules?

Don't cross them, your under the rule of law, etc. How strict were they, unsure, more the riders policing each other. A few acting the maggot but for the most part quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Dietmar Hamann

Results below:

Mick Lally Memorial (A1-A2) 87.8km
    1. Charles Prendergast Dan Morrissey-MIG-Pactimo
    2. Daire Feeley Strata 3-VeloRevolution
    3. Richard Meaney Westport Covey Wheelers
    4. Ronan Killeen Lucan Cycling Road Club
    5. Jason Kenny UCD Cycling Club
    6. Andy Maguire Dublin Port

Unplaced A2s
    1. Matthew Devins Fundacio’n Lintxu Zaragoza
    2. Adam Greally St Tiernan’s