Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book Club Dublin

• 24-02-2020 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hey, Anyone interested in a book club, hoping to get one together in the nxt month, or so. Meet up Dublin city centre for chat about the book over a few bevvies nothing too serious.

Or does anyone know of something similar to join.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

There are literally dozens of book clubs around:
    Many libraries run them so I suggest you inquire at your local public library.

Book clubs are also very often a neighbourhood thing - a group of friends meet once a month in each others homes - on a rota:
    They share tea or supper, and discuss the last month's book, chat and have a drink, then choose a new one to be read and discussed before next month's meeting - which will be at X's house, it being their turn, etc etc

So, maybe invite a few of your friends to start one? or ask your friends if any of them are IN one that you could join?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭OKDublin

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭OKDublin

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭short

Unfortunately not

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Quiet Achiever

My wife is in a few. All women, men not unwelcome just not present.

I would like to join one for blokes. Meet once a month, a couple of pints involved, and select a venue related to the book somehow e.g. a book with a western theme could involve a couple of drinks in Bison Bar.

• Advertisement
Advertisement