Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NXT UK Takeover: Dublin - Show finally cancelled

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

bennyl10 wrote: »
    It's been fully announced anyway by WWE.

Could be waiting for NXTuk on thursday/Aiken to go with it this weekend

by the above seems were definitely getting Finn

Maybe. Finn recurring 2 guys to go up against Imperium ??

What is the format of NXT uk ???. They tape over 2 days each month and make the weekly shows from them with the Takeovers every few months?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Finn vs Walter, or Finn vs Devlin again?

EDIT: Apparently a Finn vs Bate match was teased on Worlds Collide.

Finn vs bate could be epic

Are these Coventry tapings the last before Takeover Dublin ??.

I see there in Bournemouth the week after Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Maybe. Finn recurring 2 guys to go up against Imperium ??

What is the format of NXT uk ???. They tape over 2 days each month and make the weekly shows from them with the Takeovers every few months?

Yup they tape for a few hours and then that’s the Tv shows in lead up to a takeover

Yup they tape for a few hours and then that’s the Tv shows in lead up to a takeover

I'd say that can get confusing if ur in the crowd for it

Looking like it's just Takeover in Dublin and not the TV tapings too (probably get 1/2 dark matches before the start and that along with takeover recap will be the episode the week after)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With Devlin and Balor likely taking part, I'd say we could see Sheamus and/or Becky. Not a scheduled fight but just someone coming to the ring running their mouth or issuing an open challenge.
    It's a Sunday so Becky will likely be scheduled for Raw the next night, but sure she could get back in time, I'm sure. I seriously doubt she would want to miss out. And by then she could be Becky No-belts and might be staring down the UK champ

CastorTroy wrote: »
    With Devlin and Balor likely taking part, I'd say we could see Sheamus and/or Becky. Not a scheduled fight but just someone coming to the ring running their mouth or issuing an open challenge.
    It's a Sunday so Becky will likely be scheduled for Raw the next night, but sure she could get back in time, I'm sure. I seriously doubt she would want to miss out. And by then she could be Becky No-belts and might be staring down the UK champ

Dont get your hopes up to much regarding main roster appearances. Its is a minor PPV and I'm sure Becky is busy with main roster duties, same with Sheamus

It's not impossible that they could make an appearance and jet back straight after the show with Trips buts its doubtful

Eitherway it should be a great night and hopefully the start of a yearly tradition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

The Cultaholic guys on their Youtube channel said they want to come over and going drinking with Jay. I would go up to it if I new Trev was going to be live tweeting from it and finally get a chance to meet the IWC Community Leader in person. That would be way better than the show itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

The Cultaholic guys on their Youtube channel said they want to come over and going drinking with Jay. I would go up to it if I new Trev was going to be live tweeting from it and finally get a chance to meet the IWC Community Leader in person. That would be way better than the show itself.

Possibly still on the WWE mainline demanding his Meltzer type VIP tickets. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

giphy.gif

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

giphy.gif

:pac:

Look at all those fans :pac:

Ticketmaster and 3arena are still yet to update.. wonder why the promoter(aiken usually?) hasn't confirmed details yet

Ticketmaster and 3arena are still yet to update.. wonder why the promoter(aiken usually?) hasn't confirmed details yet

Pretty unusual maybe it's a paperwork issue or something like that

Its deff going ahead if WWE announced it

Tweeted the 3arena to see what the storie is for this

Not expecting a reply or if I even done it right ha (dont knw 100% how to use Twitter)

Wonder what the hold up is with Aiken/3arena and TM on annoucning this ???

Be nice to have the ticket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Wonder what the hold up is with Aiken/3arena and TM on annoucning this ???

Be nice to have the ticket

I've heard rumours that Aiken are waiting it out to see if Sinn Fein get into power, as there may be some issue with promoting an event with "UK Takeover" in the title, especially on the weekend of the 1916 Rising anniversary.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sirmanga wrote: »
    I've heard rumours that Aiken are waiting it out to see if Sinn Fein get into power, as there may be some issue with promoting an event with "UK Takeover" in the title, especially on the weekend of the 1916 Rising anniversary.

PMSL.

sirmanga wrote: »

The way promotions are here I would not be surprised if that's half true ha

It's an odd one why wwe announced it but its yet to be recognised through channels here like TM, 3Arena etc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Still nothing? Beyond frustrating :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

i'll be away when this is on,

if (big if atm) there is a 3 arena presale and anyone needs the code they are welcome to mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

UK takeover Dublin!!

Mudderahjaysus!!! Who is the marketing person behind this!!

UK takeover Dublin!!

Mudderahjaysus!!! Who is the marketing person behind this!!

NXT UK is the brand
    takeover is the show
    Dublin is the city

that's all this is

despite the continuously offfended being exactly that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

NXT UK is the brand
    takeover is the show
    Dublin is the city

that's all this is

despite the continuously offfended being exactly that

I don't think anyone's offended, it's just an unfortunate grouping of words for us and is a bit funny tbh

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They would really need to announce tickets soon since its less than 2 months away at this stage

They would really need to announce tickets soon since its less than 2 months away at this stage

I'd say they want a match to advertise first.. and nothing yet

I'd say they want a match to advertise first.. and nothing yet

It'd most likely sell out without a match purely on the novelty factor of getting a Takeover special.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Loughc wrote: »
    It'd most likely sell out without a match purely on the novelty factor of getting a Takeover special.

Is that enough to sell out though? Theyre probably looking at how quickly did tickets sell out for other UK takeovers, and twin that with the regular tours not selling out here they might want some more buzz with a Walter vs whoever title match and probably Balor vs Bate as well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

arent the tapings next week with Finn id say after that officially announced with a couple of matches

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

My personal opinion is that it wont sell out.

I hope to be proven wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

beakerjoe wrote: »
    My personal opinion is that it wont sell out.

I hope to be proven wrong.

id agree tbh hopefully a good solid crowd were it makes them come back

Advertisement