Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Optilase v Optical Express

• 04-02-2020 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Joy Some Restaurant

Hi all.

I'm planning on getting Lasek in the near future. I've had a consultation with optilase and they're happy I'm suitable and have given me a quote of 3k, after the tax refund.

Is there any reason to go to optical express for a consultation as well ? Do the prices differ much between the two ?

It'd require a day off work for me and a friend to get to optical express and get dropped home since I can't drive afterwards, hence the reluctance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

I can't speak for Optical Express but I had my eye done in Optilase and was quite happy with the results.
    If you've any questions about them just PM me, and if you do go ahead with them I can give you a referral for 100 quid off.
    Whoever you go with, I'd highly recommend getting it done; it's great and not half as scary as you'd imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 peachypyro

Hi all.

I'm planning on getting Lasek in the near future. I've had a consultation with optilase and they're happy I'm suitable and have given me a quote of 3k, after the tax refund.

Is there any reason to go to optical express for a consultation as well ? Do the prices differ much between the two ?

It'd require a day off work for me and a friend to get to optical express and get dropped home since I can't drive afterwards, hence the reluctance.

I had consults with both. Ended up going with Optilase in the end for a number of reasons.
    I personally found Optical Express very pushy - just trying to make a sale.
    I didn't find this to be the case with Optilase. They were much more client focused, took the time to answer all my questions, made sure I was happy with what would be happening and that I understood what I needed to.

I think Optical Express was slightly cheaper, but not by much. Probably worth keeping in mind that with Optilase you get a lifetime guarantee on the laser (not covering age related degeneration obviously).

Another reason which pushed me to go with Optilase was that I could get the surgery and all my post op appointments done in the Cork clinic. For Optical Express, the surgery would have been in Newbridge and the follow up appointments at the local clinic (Cork for me).

All in all, I don't think it was worth my time getting a consult with Optical Express too but it did allow me to see the vast difference between themselves and Optilase.

Hopefully this helps! If you have any other questions or want to chat more specifically about this, feel free to message me :)
    If you end up going with Optilase, I also have a referral you could use which would get you 100 off the price (and 100 back to me for referring you so win win:D)

Feel free to message and chat anyway :)

Advertisement