Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Premier league 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

probably get accused of "hating" for post these facts as well

interesting stats here......comparing the top 4 in the Premier League and their performances/ record against each other.

Durrant has the worst head to head record
    Durrant has the lowest average
    Durrant has the least 180s
    Durrant has the lowest doubling percentage.

Ek-Nmff-CWs-AAA5s0.jpg

Not hating just boring

TbL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

ah so stats are now boring...ok..right.

Stats in the bulid up of the 4 players competing tomorrow....right.

could it be because I posted them and they dont suit others opinion ? I thought darts stats for the pl contenders on the pl thread would be welcome....guess not

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Do you have your two posts written out for tomorrow yet Justin?
    If Durrant doesn't win it, you can do the one where you add it to his list of abject failures.
    And if he wins you can swap it to the one about a meaningless exhibition which doesn't count for anything.

Do you have your two posts written out for tomorrow yet Justin?
    If Durrant doesn't win it, you can do the one where you add it to his list of abject failures.
    And if he wins you can swap it to the one about a meaningless exhibition which doesn't count for anything.

why would there be 2 different posts ?

Regardless of who wins it it is still an invitational, non ranking glorified exbo.
    It would not change the stats I posted.

what you and others seem to be upset over are genuine stats and facts that back up my point he is vastly over rated. I dont blame durrant for this, when he himself has never claimed to be one of the best. My problem is the hype sky, mardle, pyke and others have given him which stats prove is undeserved.

But you cannot argue this, so instead you try to deflect and make it appear I have some dislike for a player I have said is a good player and likeable guy.

I have said since the inception of the PL, back when players like roland Scholten played in it, it was a glorified exbo, that served only to rake in the money the PDC needs to fund is pro tour.

Its a needed event, it serves a purpose, but its still invitational, non ranking, and skewed that players are picked on preference.

How many years have we seen Barney get undeserved invite after invite
    What did durrant do in the entire year prior to his selection, no one cares because it is a meaningless unranking invitational.

If I say Willie O Connor is not good enough for the top 16, would that mean I must hate Willie, or are we not allowed to back up our point, without being accused of hating the player ?

how about you judge the actual posts on their content instead of the poster for a change

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Looking forward to this now. I think Wright beats Durrant in a close final.

• Advertisement

US2 wrote: »
    Looking forward to this now. I think Wright beats Durrant in a close final.

Think Anderson will win it, odds look decent at 11/4

TbL

what a shock...a top player throwing utter muck against durrant

ando is so bad, that durrant bust 136, and ando after another 3 darts was still not on a finish.

this shows yet again how so called top players play awful against the slow pace of glen.

It was poor stuff by both. Ando and his complete laziness and choice to change darts cost him.
    Mardle screaming Durrant is one of the best in the world with his 86 average shows how stupid mardle is

Glen now qualifies for the grand slam.

If you’d money on Anderson you’d have been seriously pissed off that he didn’t see that out!

Durrant took his chances well

TbL

• Advertisement

Unless Aspinal sh1ts the bed his scoring should see him win it

TbL

whilst better than the first....hardly could be worse, the 2 games have been poor and if honest sums up what a poor pl it has been this year.
    Obviously covid has played a huge factor

Any wonder i am looking forward to the euro tour this weekend more than I looked forward to this pl stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Not sure whether Nathan should calm down a bit or power on through

Asp deserved the win imo

Don't think Aspinall will cope well with Glens pace. Easy win for Duzza

• Registered Users Posts: 37,760 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hope aspinall wins, not of fan of Durrant, such a slow misrible personality

Don't have Sky Sports so can't watch the darts. Durrant, though must surely be number one when it
    comes to punching above his weight vis a vis talent... Just slowplays a lot of his opponents into submission.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Go on Glen you hero.
    Won’t cut it in the PDC they said. Tops the league and wins the trophy.

Justin you haven’t a clue. Embarrassing posts as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Top player the Glen boy, cracking win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

MON DUZZA!!!!! 250K that'll do nicely even after the tax man takes a cut

• Advertisement

what was the worst premier league I can remember due to the inclusion of certain players, combined with the covid that made this a leisure centre comp with the atmosphere of a floor comp, was fittingly ended with another poor night of darts.

3 poor games.

Good for Durrant, but as usual it took the top players to completely under perform for durrant to get results.
    Ando was pathetic and sh1t himself more than Ian White after a bad curry

Aspinall with a below par 92 was nowhere near his best .

mdwexford wrote: »
    Go on Glen you hero.
    Won’t cut it in the PDC they said. Tops the league and wins the trophy.

Justin you haven’t a clue. Embarrassing posts as always.

you do know he won a non ranking, invitational glorified exbo right ?

he averaged 86 and 91 which were dismal averages and only won because the 2 players...better players I might add, played even worse.

You can whine about the poster, but it wont alter the facts in the post.
    you should try it sometime, and judge a post on the content rather than the poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

he averaged 86 and 91 which were dismal averages and only won because the 2 players...better players I might add, played even worse.

you should try it sometime, and judge a post on the content rather than the poster.

Playing the top players in the world week in week out. He topped the table. Then won the trophy.

He must be very lucky players never perform against him.

I can taste your salty tears from here.

He topped the league from start to finish, with crowds and without, then went and won it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Delighted for Durrant, well deserved win was the best player over the whole premier league.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Ahh Justin.. It wouldn't kill you to give him a little credit for winning it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

mardle and a few on sky are calling it a major :D

US2 wrote: »
    He topped the league from start to finish, with crowds and without, then went and won it.

correct.

I dont begrudge him winning it either.
    but it does not alter the fact, that in 23 staged events that he has played, the only one he could win was when his opponents threw rubbish against him.

It does not alter the fact that when he was averaging 86, Mardle was calling him the best in the world, when that is simply a lie.

People see these facts, and they dont like those facts, so instead try to deflect and ignore the content and instead have a go at the poster, because they have no other way of responding.

Ahh Justin.. It wouldn't kill you to give him a little credit for winning it

I have, and if you spent as much time reading my posts on here, my issue was never with glen himself, it was the hype spouted by mardle, sky, pyke etc

go back to older threads like the matchplay and you will see I wanted Durrant to win that comp and plenty others, I like the lad personally, but liking someone dont make them the best in the world.

Even Durrant himself has never claimed that.

• Advertisement

correct.

I dont begrudge him winning it either.
    but it does not alter the fact, that in 23 staged events that he has played, the only one he could win was when his opponents threw rubbish against him.

It does not alter the fact that when he was averaging 86, Mardle was calling him the best in the world, when that is simply a lie.

People see these facts, and they dont like those facts, so instead try to deflect and ignore the content and instead have a go at the poster, because they have no other way of responding.

You do understand the difference between subjective opinion and facts don’t you!

Advertisement