Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Civil Engineering maths help

Options
  • 27-12-2019 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows any good maths youtube channels/websites that can give you help with maths for first year civil? Lecturer was out for most of the first semester.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I dunno about youtube but most colleges have a maths learning centre so you could try there when it all starts up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

I'd expect that's mostly linear algebra and calculus, so there are loads of good resources online. Khan Academy is one of the more famous.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

mikhail wrote: »
    I'd expect that's mostly linear algebra and calculus, so there are loads of good resources online. Khan Academy is one of the more famous.

And it followed on Friday me the LC when I did it

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭G-Man

Some youtube stuff is poorly edited. However in UNI you should have free access maybe to Oreilly learning or linkedin/ Lynda . I find material there much better linked together. Check with your library what they have paid up for.

Attend tutorials and ask questions - if lecturer has been out, there may be many students in same boat.

For books is Schaums or Stroud still a thing , very good tutorial books...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

G-Man wrote: »
    For books is Schaums or Stroud still a thing , very good tutorial books...
    Shaum's guides are good in terms of there being lots of worked examples. Patchier on the quality of explanations, but if you learn well from examples they're magic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement