Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fantasy Premiership

• 30-11-2019 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

I see that Magnus Carlsen is joint 1st on the Wolves Fans League with 903 points and in the top 50 overall.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

I'm not sure which is more remarkable - his feat (and it is him; he's top of a GM league with Maze, Vachier-Legrave and others), or the fact that you found it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭ishidaogo

cdeb wrote: »
    I'm not sure which is more remarkable - his feat (and it is him; he's top of a GM league with Maze, Vachier-Legrave and others), or the fact that you found it! :)

Well I must confess that Leonard Barden reported it in his weekly Guardian column. What I found remarkable is that, like me, he is a Wolves fan,

Overall leader by 20 points now!

Remarkable stuff.

cdeb wrote: »
    Overall leader by 20 points now!

Remarkable stuff.

Poor week for MC, 26 points and down to 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Joedryan

Christmas period is very difficult to predict

• Advertisement

Yesterday MC regained first place in FPL and became the first to score 2000 points this season.
    However this evening he has been overtaken

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭RooksPawn

Congratulations to LIverpool for winning the REAL PL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭sodacat11

ishidaogo wrote: »
    Well I must confess that Leonard Barden reported it in his weekly Guardian column. What I found remarkable is that, like me, he is a Wolves fan,
    Nice to see people supporting other teams instead of jumping on the Man U (yes Joe) Liverpool bandwagons just because they were winning things. Wolves have always been my second favourite team after Chelsea who I've followed through thick and thin since 1967 when they lost the F.A Cup final.
    Dave Salter is another avid Chelsea fan and so is Kevin O'Shea, dunno any other Wolves fans apart from my dog Jethro who says he was some wolf ancestors.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Retd.LoyolaCpt

MC in 4th place with one round to go, he could do this... this year is not getting any less weird

MC in 4th place with one round to go, he could do this... this year is not getting any less weird
    I wonder how he would do in the Irish Ch tipping competition? , a much tougher proposition than his fantasy football one.

• Advertisement

Slightly off topic but has anyone else noticed the similarity in looks between Ian Nepomniachtchi and a younger Killian Delaney? https://ratings.fide.com/card.phtml?event=4168119 They have similar blitz ratings too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭flipsake

Any interest out there for an ICU Fantasy Football league this year? With MC’s performance last season, it certainly highlights a connection between chess and FPL. I reckon there’s a few of ye out there who’d be up for it.

ishidaogo wrote: »
    I see that Magnus Carlsen is joint 1st on the Wolves Fans League with 903 points and in the top 50 overall.
    I've already entered two teams in the Sky fantasy football and I also do the Sky super 6 every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FutureCM

flipsake wrote: »
    Any interest out there for an ICU Fantasy Football league this year? With MC’s performance last season, it certainly highlights a connection between chess and FPL. I reckon there’s a few of ye out there who’d be up for it.

I’d do it ye

Which fantasy league was Carlsen in? Was it the Sky one?

sodacat11 wrote: »
    Which fantasy league was Carlsen in? Was it the Sky one?

The official Premier League one, the best one by far.

FutureCM wrote: »
    The official Premier League one, the best one by far.

Agreed. With the sky one I think you have to change captain every day there’s matches on.
    If there’s enough interest, say 6 or more players, I’ll set up a league and send out the code.

I tend to enter a team, although I don't pay much attention to it or the Premier League over the season. But if it helps make up the numbers, I'd join in.

Winner gets an invite to next year's Irish Championships, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rapidrook181

I'd play

Ok count me in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 prey20

hi suggest run this like a tournament on the icu website
    time short, starts Sat
    have an entry fee, list of players etc
    winner takes the loot and bragging rights next May
    something to do with very little OTB chess

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sharkey47

I'd play as well

Few quid on it?

That’s great. 6/7 entries so far. Spread the word amongst chess buddies.
    Good idea Prey about ICU website.
    Happy to put a small few quid on it Future CM if everyone else is.

I've entered a team but I don't see anywhere in the site how points are scored? How about 10 euro per player , winner gets 2/3 of the pot runner up gets 1/3? Will ICU let us use their site to collect the money?

Agreed. With the sky one I think you have to change captain every day there’s matches on.
    If there’s enough interest, say 6 or more players, I’ll set up a league and send out the code.
    The SKY fantasy football has much better prizes, is easier to use and you do not have to change captain for every match. Anyway, I've entered the official Premiership one now with my Sodacat11 team.

sodacat11 wrote: »
    I've entered a team but I don't see anywhere in the site how points are scored? How about 10 euro per player , winner gets 2/3 of the pot runner up gets 1/3? Will ICU let us use their site to collect the money?

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/help/rules

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Rathminor

I’ll have a go - is there a code we need to enter to be part of the league??

Sodacat- make sure you pick Kepa and some Chelsea defenders!! Lol!!

• Advertisement

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/auto-join/8jiu36 That should bring you to an ICU league.

Advertisement