Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Do RTE show Peaky Blinders? It probably wont be on Irish Netflix until after it's aired there.

Is there a difference between irish &uk netflix? Its still on iPlayer in UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

peteeeed wrote: »
    southampton press conf
    - Delighted for Tammy and Tomori's England call-ups
    - They need to focus on Southampton still
    - Jorginho is vice-captain
    - Kante got through Lille but needs condition checking ahead of Sunday
    - England U21s will be good for Hudson-Odoi

Cheers, must give it a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

peteeeed wrote: »
    southampton press conf
    - Delighted for Tammy and Tomori's England call-ups
    - They need to focus on Southampton still
    - Jorginho is vice-captain
    - Kante got through Lille but needs condition checking ahead of Sunday
    - England U21s will be good for Hudson-Odoi
    Hoping Abraham bangs a few in for my Ff this weekend

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Peaky Blinders Season 5 is rubbish I’m afraid. Remember it, in all it’s brilliance, by not watching it.

I've one episode left, seems like more of the same to me.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Is there a difference between irish &uk netflix? Its still on iPlayer in UK.

Not usually but on occasion an Irish TV station will have the rights to something so it doesn't appear on Irish Netflix when its added to UK Netflix. Usually only happens with TV shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Hahahaha Jesus
    I’d love to say it’s a rare occurrence

• Registered Users Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

London Fields has a great cast but the movie is awful.

Mr. Right was surprisingly good, stars Ann Kendrick and Sam Rockwell who form an unusual relationship. Also features Tim Roth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

There's to be a Big Mouth spin-off series called Human Resources, set in the office that employs and keeps track of the various hormone monsters etc in Monster World. Described as a "workplace comedy", it just has a teaser released so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Peaky Blinders Season 5 is rubbish I’m afraid. Remember it, in all it’s brilliance, by not watching it.

It's torture to watch. Season 4 was the best one so far, probably to do with Adrien Brody being it it, more than anyone else. Season 5 is back to the old turgid, slow moving rubbish again. Everyone is either drinking or smoking, every now and again we get a Reservoir Dogs style slow walk from A to B accompanied by some inappropriate music, either by some industrial act, or gloomy Nick Cave. The script is so heavy. Helen McCrory's character is creepier in this than she was in Penny Dreadful, and that takes some doing. It takes ages for anything to happen. The worst criticism has to go to the Arthur Shelby character. He's more unrealistic and incendiary than Yosemite Sam

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Neames

Between Two Ferns is very funny in a very cringey way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Neames wrote: »

I watched it the other night, a lot better than i thought, well worth a watch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Charlie19 wrote: »
    London Fields has a great cast but the movie is awful.

The original novel is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anyone here that watches with subtitles and notice how inconsistent they can be? Like watching American Horror Story and they sometimes have the annoying black background. Other times they don't.
    Also was watching Til Death Do Us Part, which is foreign language and the subs are all or nothing. Like there's no option for subs without descriptions, as in "car horn beeps"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

There's to be a Big Mouth spin-off series called Human Resources, set in the office that employs and keeps track of the various hormone monsters etc in Monster World. Described as a "workplace comedy", it just has a teaser released so far.

I really think that big mouth show is disgusting, it’s like they are constantly trying to come up with the most vulgar thing to say/do. Gave up mid way through season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Neames

The Bill Gates documentary , some of it was interesting but overall I think it was a mess.
    They choping between when he was young to when he was older and what happens in his life was told terrible and it really just shines on what he done well.

Those interwoven cartoon scenes were annoying.

But not as annoying as watching Bill and Melinda complete a jigsaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Xaniaj

fin12 wrote: »
    I really think that big mouth show is disgusting, it’s like they are constantly trying to come up with the most vulgar thing to say/do. Gave up mid way through season 2.

And I think it's absolutely hilarious and find it a great pity that kids going through puberty can't (or shouldn't, cos it really is not afraid to tackle or mention... Anything!) watch it.

Started season 3 and really enjoying it so far, consistently funny for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Xaniaj wrote: »
    And I think it's absolutely hilarious and find it a great pity that kids going through puberty can't (or shouldn't, cos it really is not afraid to tackle or mention... Anything!) watch it.

Started season 3 and really enjoying it so far, consistently funny for me.

Who said they can’t or shouldn’t watch it?

The programs just not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Those interwoven cartoon scenes were annoying.

But not as annoying as watching Bill and Melinda complete a jigsaw.
    Hes life looks so boring, or if it's not they didn't show it anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭redlead

I watched the first episode. It was essentially an hour of a show dedicated to how to process poo. Is the rest of the series like that or does it get any more interesting?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

redlead wrote: »
    I watched the first episode. It was essentially an hour of a show dedicated to how to process poo. Is the rest of the series like that or does it get any more interesting?

Just what his foundation does, there is 2 other projects they go through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Have no interest in formula one but watched the documentary based on reviews here
    It’s excellent
    Episodes only between 30-40 minutes too which is ideal

I’m 2 episodes into unbelievable and it would want to improve fast

Lasted 3 episodes of third season of 13 reasons why
    Horrendous

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

started watching the glitch last night, so far so good anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

I thought it was rubbish to be honest!!

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

The man who killed Hitler and then bigfoot. Just after watching it and have to say was very good. But of an unusual name but worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

duffysfarm wrote: »
    The man who killed Hitler and then bigfoot. Just after watching it and have to say was very good. But of an unusual name but worth a look.

Yeah watched it yesterday as well and found it interesting and engaging. Now I really like Sam Elliot and Aidan Turner was good as well but be warned it is quirky and I can see some people getting annoyed at it as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

mrmorgan wrote: »
    I thought it was rubbish to be honest!!

Short on laughs, only worked originally as a 2 -3 minute segment.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Not Netflix but Mr. Robot's fourth season is being added weekly to Amazon Prime. First episode is now up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Deon Cole: Cole Hearted
    Embracing his belief that comedy is the last raw form of expression, Deon Cole explains the right time to thank Jesus and the wrong time to say "welp.

The Spooky Tale of Captain Underpants Hack-a-ween
    When Melvin tries to cancel Halloween, clever best friends Harold and George create their own spooky holiday -- and it's a huge success!

added today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Really enjoyed the latest series of Top Boy but had to watch it with sub titles.

Wah gwaan, fam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭El Duda

Guy in my office with awful taste just recommend that Tall Grass film.

I assume its awful?

Advertisement