Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Tenille Dashwood (Emma from WWE) has signed with Impact.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Netflix and WWE have announced a new live action family comedy series, called “The Big Show Show.”

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Netflix and WWE have announced a new live action family comedy series, called “The Big Show Show.”

I don't even need to see a trailer to know it's going to be sh!te.
    lawlolawl wrote: »
    Tenille Dashwood (Emma from WWE) has signed with Impact.

Their future might be up.in the air but it's a smart move as their womens division is quite good now even without Tessa being involved at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Lord TSC wrote: »

Are we going to see scenes where he gets confused as to whether he should be heel or face?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Becky not a fan of how WWE handled her and Seth's relationship angle....
    The former Lass Kicker says she was ‘apprehensive’ when creative pitched the idea to her, but, ultimately, working with a talent like Rollins won her over.

“Honestly, I was very apprehensive,” Lynch stated. “What I didn’t want was everybody talking about the relationship. What I wanted was two bad asses, two people at the top of their game fighting side-by-side. Not for the world to be reminded every five minutes that this is Becky Lynch’s boyfriend or that’s Seth Rollins’ girlfriend. Which, of course, they didn’t do. They were the masters of subtlety…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah there was one weird moment during Raw after Rollins did his thing with the Street Profits. He gets all amped up like he’s going to wrestle next, then they cut to Becky walking towards her match and said “Seth Rollins’ girlfriend Becky Lynch takes on Alexa Bliss next!”

She’s the first woman to main event Mania and beat Ronda Rousey, she’s the current Raw Women’s Champion and probably your top merch seller. I see what they were going for but you’re not stuck for superlatives to get her over like and being someone’s partner doesn’t.

The "womens revolution" was a PR exercise that was dreamt up around the time they signed the deal for the Blood Money shows in the KSA.

That particular ****storm has blown over so the female wrestlers can go back to being the pissbreak match.

It's a shame, the have a great roster for the division but most of them are stuck in catering. A woman who can't wrestle at the moment gets to be on Raw every week rather than the time being used for, you know, a womens match.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Not a quarter! Yarrr he’ll be dancing for hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Poor Mike can't catch a break. Made a joke about Maria's vagina remark and then got jumped on by Twitter gowls...

https://twitter.com/RealMikeBennett/status/1156252390615670784

https://twitter.com/RealMikeBennett/status/1156324333352099840

• Registered Users Posts: 60,273 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That's great tweet from Mike.

Owen/Gwen is a fcuktard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

leggo wrote: »
    Yeah there was one weird moment during Raw after Rollins did his thing with the Street Profits. He gets all amped up like he’s going to wrestle next, then they cut to Becky walking towards her match and said “Seth Rollins’ girlfriend Becky Lynch takes on Alexa Bliss next!”

And let's not forget "The man's man"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭Sirsok

J. Marston wrote: »
    Poor Mike can't catch a break. Made a joke about Maria's vagina remark and then got jumped on by Twitter gowls...

https://twitter.com/RealMikeBennett/status/1156252390615670784

https://twitter.com/RealMikeBennett/status/1156324333352099840

I really wish he didnt defend himself to appease these asshats

• Registered Users Posts: 39,415 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I haven't seen it here but maybe I missed it but the WWE tv taping in September from MSG in New York aren't selling well for either raw or smackdown. I mean how bad have things gotten when even a tv tapping in the garden can't sell out for WWE ? I know there are issues with unions in New York and it became cost prohibitive to run MSG for WWE hence why they haven't done a raw there in ten years. So, while WWE are to blame I think the management of MSG which is headed by that blithering idiot James Dolan who owns the knicks have to take a lot of blame also. They have forgotten that the WWE made the Dolan family a lot of money over the decades drawing big numbers to that venue. It's also why I'm not a fan of other wrestling companies having shows in MSG.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,415 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I haven't seen it here but maybe I missed it but the WWE tv taping in September from MSG in New York aren't selling well for either raw or smackdown. I mean how bad have things gotten when even a tv tapping in the garden can't sell out for WWE ? I know there are issues with unions in New York and it became cost prohibitive to run MSG for WWE hence why they haven't done a raw there in ten years. So, while WWE are to blame I think the management of MSG which is headed by that blithering idiot James Dolan who owns the knicks have to take a lot of blame also. They have forgotten that the WWE made the Dolan family a lot of money over the decades drawing big numbers to that venue. It's also why I'm not a fan of other wrestling companies having shows in MSG.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Itssoeasy wrote: »

I just dont think unless its a big event wrestling ala mania,summerslam, all in, all out etc that wresttling is a draw. I think we will see this in AEW once they start touring more often.

King Cuerno has apparently signed up to start in NXT soon.

Kinda sucks, he's really good and they'll definitely waste him. I can understand he probably signed because he is 35 so he'll be 40 by the time he finishes his first run with them and he'll get paid well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Harley Race has passed away at the age of 76....RIP

https://www.wwe.com/article/wwe-hall-of-famer-harley-race-passes-away

Taker flirting with working outside the WWE last year and earlier this year seems to have worked Dave is reporting Vince has signed him to a lifetime contract.

Nice wage and merch deal paycheck coming in every year now I'd imagine.

lawlolawl wrote: »
    King Cuerno has apparently signed up to start in NXT soon.

Kinda sucks, he's really good and they'll definitely waste him. I can understand he probably signed because he is 35 so he'll be 40 by the time he finishes his first run with them and he'll get paid well.

This reminded me to check the status of Lucha Underground and seems it's still not officially cancelled yet.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    This reminded me to check the status of Lucha Underground and seems it's still not officially cancelled yet.

It's a but of a disaster frankly. They have no plans to tape any more episodes, they let some people out of their contracts on a case but case basis, some people can work elsewhere but can't appear on US TV until their contracts run out.

It's basically a prime example of why you shouldn't let a TV company run a wrestling company.

• Advertisement

Yeah was reading about some of the legal action that has happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Taker flirting with working outside the WWE last year and earlier this year seems to have worked Dave is reporting Vince has signed him to a lifetime contract.

Nice wage and merch deal paycheck coming in every year now I'd imagine.

He'll be set for life now I suppose. Not that I think he needs the money, but he'll be getting paid good money most likely so that's a big win for him.

The initial batch of tickets for the first AEW TV show sold out in less than two hours.

The are going to re-jig the production set up in the arena to release a few more tickets shortly.

It's not the first week or second week or third week they will be worried about it will be weeks 10/20/30 etc when maybe the novelty wears off.

I can't remember, are they staying in an AEW Zone or are they touring weekly?
    And what kind of numbers are they talking compared to the PPVs?

It does give them some peace of mind starting out as it means they don't have to have great storylines going in from the PPV to attract a live crowd, while viewers will watch outta curiosity, so that's when they'll need to hook with storylines and wrestling.

I guess this would be better suited in the AEW thread, but who's writing? Are Cody and co going to do a Vince with the final say?

They said they would be touring the live TNT shows.

For reference this was the same arena about a month ago for a WWE house show right before the first match started:

o8l2qnrvy3e31.jpg

To be fair, it's to be expected. With how often they seem to be in the same places, I can see people getting bored of going when they know nothing of importance will happen. Hopefully AEW does better down the line so WWE realise they have competition.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    To be fair, it's to be expected. With how often they seem to be in the same places, I can see people getting bored of going when they know nothing of importance will happen. Hopefully AEW does better down the line so WWE realise they have competition.

It's on the wrestling company to put on an interesting product so that people go to their events. The advertised main event of that house show was then champion Seth "Beige" Rollins vs. Baron "What? Why?" Corbin.

Imagine thinking that anyone would care about seeing that dire match up for the billionth time. I mean, WWE only has a couple of hundred wrestlers signed at the moment so it's obvious that the headline match should be tryhard, knock-off Kenny Omega vs. the half trained PC guy who got hot shotted on the main roster because Vince thinks women find his love handles and receding hairline sexy.

Truly the best pro wrestling on the planet.

• Advertisement

Advertisement