Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to beat the January Blues??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    My final Neighbour-Still-Has-Decorations-Up update for January 2014......*clears throat* so, our neighbour still has decorations up!!!

He did it. He made it to the end of the month. So, the question now is, which one of you lives beside me and is reading this :D

Are you sure he's not dead?! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭micromary

Well done to him!! Snow?? You must be up a mountain there in Mayo! All we are getting in Dublin in rain and wind!! Well January is over and February has begun. As Lough said, its a short month (though I must admit January went quickly. George Michael's last Christmas is becoming a distant memory!:D

Yes, the neighbour is live and kicking, I have seen him out and about loads since Christmas. micromary, sadly the snow was melted when we got up yesterday, but it was fab on Friday night, it was coming down thick and fast. When I opened the front door, it blew in on top of us. I can see Croagh Patrick in the distance :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

hello%25252C%252520february_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg%3Fimgmax%3D800

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hooray!!

l_57fe24405a864d69997f672791db72e5.jpg%3Fw%3D665

• Advertisement

The only thing I have to say that is making me miserable is the bloody weather with all this flooding and rain. At this stage I would settle for snow then this stuff!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I would love some snow instead of all this rain and wind, it feels like I'm being followed by flooding!!

Just to update, my neighbour - the legend, is still proudly displaying Christmas. We are now well into the next Season, so I'm thinking that at this stage, he is as well leave them as they are for Christmas 2014. I have to say, he put a smile on my face on the miserable mornings and did his bit to help me "beat the January Blues". Hope you're all well x

Your neighbour really is a legend!!

Hope you're well too Mayo_gurl. I don't know why but I'm always drawn to this thread on a Monday for some reason ;)

Whatever helps on a Monday! Only 4 more mornings getting up early thankfully.....

• Advertisement

Your neighbour is a legend alright Mayo_gurl. Glad to see somebody who is prepared to keep the Christmas spirit going. Good on him:)

The decorations are gone!!! My weekend is ruined. I'll have to give in that the Season of Goodwill is well and truly gone for another few months. However, as its mid-March and he left them up this late, I have high hopes that he will add a bit of decor around mid-August.

Oh well! I did think that by St.Patrick's weekend they would all be down!! Onwards and upwards - brighter evenings, sunnier weather. I am trying to keep positive!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭CarrieAnne

Bad Santa on comedy central!!

Can't stop singing George Michael's "Last Christmas" today. Don't know how it has got into my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Just spotted this thread and am bit worried - my advice would have been to start prepping for next Christmas! :D I start my shopping in jan sales and norm have a list I keep through the year of bits I would like to get like boys clothes for next year , summer garden toys , etc (if on offer in jan sales) I have two boys and an adult who have expensive taste when it comes to Santa pressies so I start in jan! Got my baby presents , my sisters , and most of my eldest lads stuff sorted! Maybe it's time to admit I have a problem ... Who knows! :D

Well, so much for my smugness and shopping habit. It has blown up in my face....well, my laptop blew up and took with it my spreadsheets. I have no idea whats up in the attic. I know there is a Disney Cars bike and the Sylvanian House On The Hill, but no idea what accessories for the house, or books or anything. I suppose it'd be worse if a pipe burst in the attic and destroyed everything.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Well, so much for my smugness and shopping habit. It has blown up in my face....well, my laptop blew up and took with it my spreadsheets. I have no idea whats up in the attic. I know there is a Disney Cars bike and the Sylvanian House On The Hill, but no idea what accessories for the house, or books or anything. I suppose it'd be worse if a pipe burst in the attic and destroyed everything.....

:eek::eek::eek:Oh No!!!!

Surely your hard drive can be saved though?

Oh no! :eek: can it be recovered or saved ? Oh u poor u thing I would be going mad if that was me !? All that organization gone!

No, the stupid thing has passed to the next world. The guy that has put a new piece in my laptop said it couldn't be saved. Thankfully all my photos are on memory cards and stowed safely away, it would be worse to lose them. I am going to have to get the hang of the fancy-pants storage business on my ipad for the future.

Thanks for sharing my pain.... On the bright side, I'll be like the child at Christmas when I send Mr Mayo Gurl into the attic* with pen and paper :)

*Spider issues, I'm not going up!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Anonamoose

What about the June blues.....

I think I need a six month holiday........twice a year

No, the stupid thing has passed to the next world. The guy that has put a new piece in my laptop said it couldn't be saved. Thankfully all my photos are on memory cards and stowed safely away, it would be worse to lose them. I am going to have to get the hang of the fancy-pants storage business on my ipad for the future.

Thanks for sharing my pain.... On the bright side, I'll be like the child at Christmas when I send Mr Mayo Gurl into the attic* with pen and paper :)

*Spider issues, I'm not going up!!

It's a great excuse to take the stuff down and have a good look through it! :) there are some great phone apps available which are password protected, and let you keep lists for individual people - that way you can keep an eye on pressies when your out and about ! :D

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    It's a great excuse to take the stuff down and have a good look through it! :) there are some great phone apps available which are password protected, and let you keep lists for individual people - that way you can keep an eye on pressies when your out and about ! :D

Glitzgirl, if you know how useless I am at technology you would cry. I had to text ILoveGalway (think thats my RL friends correct name) to find out how to send an email the other day from the ipad. I bought it last November on release day and the fact I bought it that day is the closest I have ever come to being technical :o

Glitzgirl, if you know how useless I am at technology you would cry. I had to text ILoveGalway (think thats my RL friends correct name) to find out how to send an email the other day from the ipad. I bought it last November on release day and the fact I bought it that day is the closest I have ever come to being technical :o

You sound just like me :D I'm so bad I get my younger sister to do anything techie for me :o really I should be more embarrassed! Honestly once you download the app onto the phone it's so handy from there just give each person a name and a list pops up and I start typing gifts ! It's the only way I survive :) at least you use your iPad only use mine gets is when my son wants to play angry birds :o:)

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    You sound just like me :D I'm so bad I get my younger sister to do anything techie for me :o really I should be more embarrassed! Honestly once you download the app onto the phone it's so handy from there just give each person a name and a list pops up and I start typing gifts ! It's the only way I survive :) at least you use your iPad only use mine gets is when my son wants to play angry birds :o:)

Ha ha. Two words for you - Frozen Freefall, the small lady has me driven half demented. I'm glad the ipad shenanagains aren't only going on in our house :D

Ha ha. Two words for you - Frozen Freefall, the small lady has me driven half demented. I'm glad the ipad shenanagains aren't only going on in our house :D

6 months to go. Can't wait. Can't get "Last Christmas"out my head. Roll on!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Bad Santa is on the comedy channel now!

Oh if I had a little girl I would be flat out broke ! Everything would be pink :D no haven't got that here thank god, but what I do have is one very star wars obsessed adult and little man :eek: have you searched through your stuff in the attic yet mayo gurl? I was thinking about your situation today while I was out (using my list to pick up a few more pressies ) :D 6 months !

• Advertisement

micromary wrote: »

I love it ! Was just thinking that today ! :D I really don't count oct nov or dec as such , because I spend sept getting ready for oct and halloween , and Christmas officially starts in this house 1st November and the Christmas madness begins! So I like to say its only really 3 months til Christmas season begins !

Advertisement