Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guess The Screenshot (Mobile Data Unfriendly)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Jeff_Lebowski: is that Lawn Dogs?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

bnt wrote: »
    Jeff_Lebowski: is that Lawn Dogs?

Suppose it was a bit obvious - it being a shot of a lawn and all!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Suppose it was a bit obvious - it being a shot of a lawn and all!
    :)
    Not that obvious, I hope ... :cool:

Here's another: extra "points" if you can name the actress and the character she's playing ...

Screenshot.jpg

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

bnt wrote: »
    Not that obvious, I hope ... :cool:

Here's another: extra "points" if you can name the actress and the character she's playing ...

Its Dogma. Alanis Morrisette playing God.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

One of my favs:
    referencec.jpg

• Advertisement

La haine

3740541514_52186c8e15_o.png

3720429069_3dee5cb345_b.jpg

3710837698_ce842fbbc9_o.png

4503357251_007632d26a_o.png

4249917654_33b9049c4d_o.png

4096503532_e3a45ec850_o.png

4090452720_49258dfaea_o.png

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

La haine

Bravo sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

Darko: Forth pic is Slipstream?

Only saw it once eons ago but will never forget the leather jacket and the beard on everyone's favourite farmboy! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

3710837698_ce842fbbc9_o.png

This is has to be Outrun, yep deffo Outrun....

Oh wait, wrong forum! :p

Is number 5 Battlefield Earth?

• Advertisement

faceman wrote: »

Oh wait, wrong forum! :p

Is number 5 Battlefield Earth?

Not even close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

faceman wrote: »

I was thinking this when I saw it. But then I realised it's Outrun 2! :cool:

Not even close.

If it was I'd be very disappointed in Darko.

niallon wrote: »
    Darko: Forth pic is Slipstream?

Only saw it once eons ago but will never forget the leather jacket and the beard on everyone's favourite farmboy! :D

Correct, perhaps the easiest of the bunch given it features the worlds most famous farmhand.

I'll give some clues for the others if people want, I perhaps made it a little too difficult though I'm sure someone will get at least a few of them and if anyone can correctly guess all of them aswell as the following they will earn my eternal respect.

3712549111_ba853fb288_o.png

3798960441_7f6040a24a_o.png

3804380063_d2188391dc_o.png

4090635516_91ea9fe45c_o.png

4504063454_2b0f4fd93b_o.png

3630391383_b1839170d4_o.png

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Is #4 Pontypool, Darko?

basquille wrote: »
    Is #4 Pontypool, Darko?

Yup, made the second round slightly easier though I'm surprised you didn't recognise number 1. A very famous and influential filmmaker played a key behind the scenes role in it's production.

edit: I have the super hard one from the last time we played this game which no one got. To this day boardsies rack their brains for the answer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

As an aside, is the girl in the last picture the young girl from Jurassic park?

Yup, made the second round slightly easier though I'm surprised you didn't recognise number 1. A very famous and influential filmmaker played a key behind the scenes role in it's production.

edit: I have the super hard one from the last time we played this game which no one got. To this day boardsies rack their brains for the answer
    I do "recognise" 1, 2 and 6.. but it's putting a name to them that's difficult.

Valmont wrote: »
    As an aside, is the girl in the last picture the young girl from Jurassic park?

Nope, tis not her, it is in fact... ah but to say anymore would give the game away.

Nope, tis not her, it is in fact... ah but to say anymore would give the game away.
    I definitely recognise that screenshot.. she looks a bit like either Piper Perabo or Maria Bello?

Hmmm.. I know that's Jeremy Sisto in #2 but arsed if I can get the film. Don't think I've seen it.. have seen Sisto in very little of note bar 'Six Feet Under'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Is that Barry Pepper in #6 not sure of the film? doesn't look like Three Burials though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

zxt9py.jpg

33vkehv.jpg

2s69b0p.jpg

I think one of them is easy enough, but I'd be surprised if all of them were got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

4249917654_33b9049c4d_o.png

Just a guess, Doomsday?

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Just a guess, Doomsday?

Nope, I can give a few clues if people would like me to.

I definitely recognise that screenshot.. she looks a bit like either Piper Perabo or Maria Bello?

Hmmm.. I know that's Jeremy Sisto in #2 but arsed if I can get the film. Don't think I've seen it.. have seen Sisto in very little of note bar 'Six Feet Under'.

I'll give you a clue, the person with the back of their head in frame released a sex tape no body wanted.
    Is that Barry Pepper in #6 not sure of the film? doesn't look like Three Burials though.

It is Barry Pepper but well before he met Tommy Lee Jones.

I'll give you a clue, the person with the back of their head in frame released a sex tape no body wanted.
    It's gotta be Tom Sizemore so... is it The Nickel Children?

It's gotta be Tom Sizemore so... is it The Nickel Children?

Nope, it's not that film and it ain't Tom Sizemore. Think complete and utter douchebag and you're close.

Nope, it's not that film and it ain't Tom Sizemore. Think complete and utter douchebag and you're close.
    All I can think is Dustin Diamond! :D

All I can think is Dustin Diamond! :D

I think the difference between Dustin and the guy in the pic is that one of them is a surprisingly capable actor.

I think the difference between Dustin and the guy in the pic is that one of them is a surprisingly capable actor.
    Christ.. last guess before I run through my "Obscure Celebrity Brittania" - is it Fred Durst? Big ol' douche right there!

If so.. Population 436?

• Advertisement

Christ.. last guess before I run through my "Obscure Celebrity Brittania" - is it Fred Durst? Big ol' douche right there!

If so.. Population 436?

Correct, it's a damn fine little film and Durst is surprisingly fantastic in it. Looking back I think I picked films a little too obscure for their own good.

Advertisement