Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aphex Twin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

It will probably get taken down soon because I'm pretty sure it violates the agreement RDJ/Rephlex had with the Kickstarter crew (think it was WATMM forum who started it? Not sure)

Top track for me is Squidge In The Fridge. 101 Rainbows, Fingertrips and Mumbly are also brilliant. A lot of elements of SAW in there and a right shame it took 20 years for everyone to hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

I've seen excellent quality downloads around the web... it's pretty easy to find.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Turns out it was Notch, the creator of Minecraft who bought it for $46,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Aphex Twin to release a new album in September woo hoo!

http://pitchfork.com/news/56341-aphex-twin-announces-new-album-syro-via-the-deep-web/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Oh hell yes!

Hopefully some form of appearance to go with it. Desperate to see this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Finally! Delighted!

Pre-ordered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Eileen Down

I can't wait to spend some dark winter night's listening to this.

This appears to be the first track on the album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNDumOgAT54

The sound improves after forty seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Apparently this track that I've been listening to & hoping he would release for years is going to be on the album too.

I can't wait to hear it in proper quality after so many years of listening to a (relatively crappy) Youtube recording from his live show. :D

I love Bootlegs and that was brilliant!
    Thanks for that Standman :-)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I can't wait to spend some dark winter night's listening to this.

This appears to be the first track on the album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNDumOgAT54

The sound improves after forty seconds.

Can't stop listening to this... thanks for posting, seriously looking forward to the release!

Believe me, It's a pleasure to pass it on :)
    Last couple of years has been great for new albums from artists we feared long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭iomega

Looking forward to hearing it. Hopefully it more IDM than techno.

Hermy wrote: »
    I remember the first time I bought Selected Ambient Works II, it wasn't long before I returned it to the shop. It went completely over my head. I now consider it a modern masterpiece. The very last track, Match Sticks, is astonishing.
    Classics and Selected Ambient Works '85 - '92 were my first Aphex Twin purchases after hearing Classics in Forbidden Planet in Dawson Street many years ago. They have lost none of their impact in the intervening years.
    Along with the obvious Come To Daddy and Windowlicker e.p.'s I also mostly listen to Caustic Window and the Analogue Bubblebath series.
    On a related note, can any of ye tell me, am I missing much by only buying Aphex Twin on compact disc. I currently have in excess of thirty titles on c.d. but often wonder if there are any really special releases I am missing out on by avoiding vinyl.

Check discogs.com

Yeah he looks like a teenager in that picture, not far off it though I suppose!

I did read somewhere before alright that SAW was mastered on cassette. I really love the sound he created with that equipment and it is actually a sound I crave but rarely find these days. One recent gem of a discovery though was the following which I HIGHLY recommend :D

I bought this a couple of weeks ago and listened from start to finish. When it ended, I was actually sad it was over... a breath taking album.

You should check the Maurizio compilation on basic channel..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

First play of the new song from the album will be on BBC 6 music in a few minutes http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

It's a beauty.

• Advertisement

From what I gather the album is made up of tracks he made over the last seven years, so the possibility of brilliant madness is really strong.
    Anyhoo I'm going back to listen to The Bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Its not a bad start, looking forward to the album hoping there is plenty of craziness in there

So far today, I've played this track three times and now, I'm mad about it. Those vocals and that acid edge. I will give it another bash tonight after a beer or two and a fancy cigarette.

When I'm yawning

*Cough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

If Syro is half as good as Richard D James I'll be happy. My new P7 headphones are about to take their first test.

Really impressed with the first track, huge expectations for the rest of it....

http://thequietus.com/articles/16166-aphex-twin-syro-review

The first review I've read so far any it's very positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

It leaked if ye didn't know. Liking it so far.

Doris300 wrote: »

Awesome - Thanks :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Doris300 wrote: »

I'm slightly disappointed with the reviews, only because I have very expectations. The first track is good but didn't blow me away.

Advertisement