Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

National Hurling League 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Why were Cork wearing black ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Commemorative, remembering 1920.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭letowski

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Some awful refereeing this weekend. Ruining alot of the games.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

So Allianz league Sunday aren't covering the Wexford Dublin game. A complete cop out to avoid talking about johnny murphys awful display.

On after the break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭letowski

There is more sand on the field that grass in Portloaise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Another Westmeath hurler sent off today v Tipp. That's a red card v Galway, Cork and Tipp. I don't think discipline is their strong point.

Anthony Daly talking so much sense.

I don't always agree with Derek McGrath,but both himself and Anthony Daly are spot on tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I don't always agree with Derek McGrath,but both himself and Anthony Daly are spot on tonight.

Synopsis of what they said?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Davys Fits

Daly and McGrath had some valid points but some of the tackling in particular is getting out of hand. How can you justify a player having his hand or hurl pulled while trying to take a shot. This kind of foul was blown several times in Croker last night. Its no harm to let players know that we have rules that need to be implemented. I would much rather this happen in February, then 'let if flow' in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Grats

Refs can't win. Kingston complaining about so many frees and also complaining about not getting enough. If teams are being sent out to foul persistently what are refs meant to do? They can hardly start picking and choosing one free over another just to keep the count down. Perhaps managers/coaches might reflect on how they prepare their players.

Grats wrote: »
    Refs can't win. Kingston complaining about so many frees and also complaining about not getting enough. If teams are being sent out to foul persistently what are refs meant to do? They can hardly start picking and choosing one free over another just to keep the count down. Perhaps managers/coaches might reflect on how they prepare their players.

Yea i go along with this. I rarely if ever criticise referees' as they do a thankless job and their carrying out directives from above a lot of the time. Thrre is incessant niggling and fouling going on a lot of the time. Pulling, grabbing, rucks, it must be a nightmare to officiate. Of course they sometimes make bad decisions but more often than not they get it right. Player indiscipline is the big problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Interesting interview with Brian Gavin in light of the comments of the refereeing over the weekend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug6A0uZgL2w

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Interesting interview with Brian Gavin in light of the comments of the refereeing over the weekend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug6A0uZgL2w

Yer man Shane Stapletons channel is well worth subscribing too, much better analysis than the spoofers on RTE

It really is excellent. Puts the "I suppose, ahshurelookit Des, I suppose...." spoofers on TSG to shame.

Bambi wrote: »
    Yer man Shane Stapletons channel is well worth subscribing too, much better analysis than the spoofers on RTE

Fantastic addition to GAA coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭big_drive

There’s great content, always quality guests on it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

ProudDUB wrote: »
    It really is excellent. Puts the "I suppose, ahshurelookit Des, I suppose...." spoofers on TSG to shame.

https://www.todayfm.com/podcasts/today-fm/gift-every-sunday-game

Would agree that Shane Stapleton's stuff is excellent.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »

Ha !

Brilliant. Can't believe I've never heard that before & it's nearly 4 years old.

Really wish TSG producers would make a conscious effort to cut out all this "lookit, I suppose" crap from pundits. You either speak in proper sentences (which they are all well capable of doing) or you get your marching orders. There should be some level of standards on the national broadcaster for goodness sake.

All RTÉ wasn’t is bland. And a token woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,715 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Defeats for Galway and Tipp will knock both out and make there clash the following weekend a dead rubber. Wins for both/either one this weekend will put them right back into it. Limerick will no doubt get the win over Westmeath to put them through and a Waterford win/draw will 100% qualify for the knockout stages . Cork play there last game this weekend needing a win.

**** off storm jorge ha

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0227/1117923-weather-warning/

Another weekend another storm, wonder how many games will be called off again. Thankfully Sunday seems much better than Saturday.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Another weekend another storm, wonder how many games will be called off again. Thankfully Sunday seems much better than Saturday.

All the glorious weather April's 'club month' will have

Two big games on Sunday. Tipp v Waterford should be a belter. The two Tipp Liams looking to lay down an early marker before their opening Munster championship game in a few months. Waterford motoring nicely. Tipp will want to win a game against a big gun after two narrow losses to Cork and Limerick. At home in Thurles i fancy a Tipp win.

Galway v Cork is another juicy game. Galway were well beaten by Limerick and missed a few late chances to rescue a draw last week in Waterford so Shane O Neill will realky want a big win in front of a hungry home crowd. Cork were woeful in first half v Limerick last week but improved for the majority of second half before falling away again near the end. They will be eager to stave off a third defeat also so quite a bit on the line. I feel Galway will edge this one.

Both games on TG4 so nice Sunday in front of the box.

Its the waiting that would kill ya ie about match postponements with this storm and coronavirus

• Registered Users Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭corny

All RTÉ wasn’t is bland. And a token woman.

A token woman? They won't be happy until everyone in the organisation is female.

Could we see mid week games if some are called off this week???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭puzl

Winds should have flushed out by Sunday but pitches will be boggy after the deluge. I expect cork Vs Galway go be postponed and possibly another couple, depending on how Jorge goes in the end, and how rainfall follows behind it.

Advertisement