Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Every player with a cough will be thrown away from everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Aubemayng might be worth owning now that arsenal out of Europe - unlikely to be rested

• Registered Users Posts: 9,591 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Aubemayng might be worth owning now that arsenal out of Europe - unlikely to be rested

Just seen his amazing goal and his equally amazing miss from last night :eek:

I’ve had him for a couple of weeks now and holding through the blank...would be a lot happier if Arteta stopped playing him out on the wing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Looking for some advice as I really want to win the work league. Trailing by 40 points, but still have bench boost, wildcard and free hit to use.

I know there is a thread on it, but whats the general consensus as to when to use the above chips?

My team currently stands as (for this weekend)

Alisson

Rico
    Taylor (Burnley)
    TAA
    Kelly

Cantwell
    Perez
    Salah (C)

Ings
    Vardy
    Calvery Lewin

Bench:

Mc Carthy
    Lundstram
    Mahrez
    De Bruyne

I have 1 free transfer to use this week, should I be holding on to it to use 2 next week?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Looking for some advice as I really want to win the work league. Trailing by 40 points, but still have bench boost, wildcard and free hit to use.

I know there is a thread on it, but whats the general consensus as to when to use the above chips?

Alisson

Rico
    Taylor (Burnley)
    TAA
    Kelly

Cantwell
    Perez
    Salah (C)

Ings
    Vardy
    Calvery Lewin

Bench:

Mc Carthy
    Lundstram
    Mahrez
    De Bruyne

I have 1 free transfer to use this week, should I be holding on to it to use 2 next week?

Id sell lundstram for boly this week. Which gives you an extra player this week and an extra player in gw 31 if you dont want to FH then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭The Guru 123

Alisson

Rico
    Taylor (Burnley)
    TAA
    Kelly

Cantwell
    Perez
    Salah (C)

Ings
    Vardy
    Calvery Lewin

Bench:

Mc Carthy
    Lundstram
    Mahrez
    De Bruyne

That defence is a disaster. Only TAA & Taylor are regular starters now. Your other 3 defenders have all lost their place now. Perez far from nailed too but he's probably okay to keep with this upcoming run they have and he's very explosive.

I'd definitley use a transfer this week on replacing one of them otherwise you may only have 8/9 players this week. I'd definitely be getting a Wolves defender in for one of Kelly/Rico/Lundstram. They've Spurs this week and after that they've a gift of a run including a game in 31.

Alisson

Rico
    Taylor (Burnley)
    TAA
    Kelly

Cantwell
    Perez
    Salah (C)

Ings
    Vardy
    Calvery Lewin

Bench:

Mc Carthy
    Lundstram
    Mahrez
    De Bruyne

What do you think yourself ?

That defence is a disaster. Only TAA & Taylor are regular starters now. Your other 3 defenders have all lost their place now. Perez far from nailed too but he's probably okay to keep with this upcoming run they have and he's very explosive.

I'd definitley use a transfer this week on replacing one of them otherwise you may only have 8/9 players this week. I'd definitely be getting a Wolves defender in for one of Kelly/Rico/Lundstram. They've Spurs this week and after that they've a gift of a run including a game in 31.

How do you all approach using your chips?

Which of them would you advise me to use first and in what game week? Any advice would be really appreciated, newbie player

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Think I'll ship KDB/Ings out for Auba/Bruno next week

Wouldn't surprise me to see KDB playing less minutes with the CL being the main focus for City

What do you think yourself ?

Well I'm not sure whether to activate wildcard on a particular DGWs, or whether I should activate a week in advance of a large DGW with an eye on using BB for the double. And completely stumped as to when the free hit. If there was a way of tieing it all in/playing the percentages I would do that.

I've not played the game before this season so just interested in getting some advice of the seasoned pros, did not want to antagonize.

• Advertisement

Well I'm not sure whether to activate wildcard on a particular DGWs, or whether I should activate a week in advance of a large DGW with an eye on using BB for the double. And completely stumped as to when the free hit. If there was a way of tieing it all in/playing the percentages I would do that.

I've not played the game before this season so just interested in getting some advice of the seasoned pros, did not want to antagonize.
    Id try and get through gw 31 without using the FH for this to happen you need liverpool to be knocked out of Fa cup. Id wildcard in gw 33 and BB in gw 34 and FH in dgw 37.

Plenty play it differently but I would WC 1-2 weeks before a DGW and use BB in that DGW. So you pretty much sussed that one yourself.

I think FH is more difficult this year. I’ll try and keep it for a DGW but GW 31 will be hard as it will be a tough BGW. Depending on how many fixtures they are some people may be happy to have 5-6 players.

That would then leave you with the FH for the other DGW.

You have problems this week so I wouldn’t be carrying the FT. I could argue for a hit. Kelly shouldn’t play and there’s a chance Rico won’t either.

Busts gave you some good advice re Boly but even then you could still only have 10 playing.

Hope that helps a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,410 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

@blanco100 Agree with busts re: Boly and klopparama re: maybe taking a hit. Adding a Newcastle defender along with Boly mightn't be a bad idea - okay fixture this week and good chance they won't blank in 31.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭The Guru 123

@blanco100 Agree with busts re: Boly and klopparama re: maybe taking a hit. Adding a Newcastle defender along with Boly mightn't be a bad idea - okay fixture this week and good chance they won't blank in 31.

If doing that I think you have to go for 2 Wolves defenders, guaranteed to play in 31 and great fixtures. Think if he takes the hit then he shouldn't FH in GW31. If that's what he goes with it'd be some disaster to then end up with Newcastle not playing.

With a small bit of cash in the bank Lundy, Kelly to Boly, Saiss should be doable

I've to pick 3 starters from Boly, Stephens and Traore this week. Traore starting last night and recent benchings has me leaning towards playing the two defenders. What do we think??

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

I've to pick 3 starters from Boly, Stephens and Traore this week. Traore starting last night and recent benchings has me leaning towards playing the two defenders. What do we think??

Boly anyway
    Tough call between the other 2
    If you could be sure Traore would start then him
    But you can't so.....

km79 wrote: »
    Boly anyway
    Tough call between the other 2
    If you could be sure Traore would start then him
    But you can't so.....

Yeah think Southampton will concede but Stephens has a bit of an attacking threat so might go with him and hope for the best.

Hmm I actually have enough to do Traore to Fernandes, it would be for a hit though. Could bench Stephens then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Currently starting:
    McCarthy
    TAA Soy PVA
    Mane Salah Richarlison Perez
    Ings Jiminez Giroud

Subs Pope Snodgrass Taylor Saiss

Correct order?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

One of my mates is up to 258 OR.

He's normally bottom of my mates league, the kind of lad who logs on once a week to make a transfer. His rank normally ends up in the millions. He's done things in the past like make Alan Hutton captain. Hasn't owned Vardy or Mane all season. Didn't use his first wildcard, I'm not convinced he even knows the chips exist.

Ridiculous

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/380696/history

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »

He's normally bottom of my mates league, the kind of lad who logs on once a week to make a transfer. His rank normally ends up in the millions. He's done things in the past like make Alan Hutton captain. Hasn't owned Vardy or Mane all season. Didn't use his first wildcard, I'm not convinced he even knows the chips exist.

Ridiculous

60 points this week with Pope on the bench...bloody hell.

Shedite27 wrote: »

Ridiculous

Brings back memories of 7 transfer guy in one of my leagues a few years back. Think he made it to top 50 with 8 gws to go all fell apart in the last 8 gws and finished outside 50k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Start either
    Boly v BHA
    or
    Soyuncu v Villa

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Start either
    Boly v BHA
    or
    Soyuncu v Villa
    Boly for the superior goal threat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Start either
    Boly v BHA
    or
    Soyuncu v Villa

Same decision for me but with Saiss. Playing Saiss

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Can anyone recall the link where you put your ID in for a league and it show's everyone in that league detailed stats?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Can anyone recall the link where you put your ID in for a league and it show's everyone in that league detailed stats?

www.fplgameweek.com

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

ScummyMan wrote: »
    www.fplgameweek.com

Hmm, not the one I'm thinking of but that's actually good info.

I think it was like a red background. It showed like how many points left on bench total hits. Was the hit worth it etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭normanoffside

https://www.livefpl.net/leagues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

No need to worry about Liverpool rotating in the run in

Advertisement