Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    IF other arrangements cannot be made.

Play the two Treviso games behind closed doors if needed.

I think it would be preferable for all to play behind closed doors rather than not play at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭sioda

Not a massive surprise but rte are reporting that Joey is out for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,098 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

sioda wrote: »
    Not a massive surprise but rte are reporting that Joey is out for the rest of the season.

https://twitter.com/RTErugby/status/1234574585502273536?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

No definitive news on the other injured players either. Rhys Marshall will have been out for six months by the time Munster resume.

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2020/03/02/squad-update-182/

No definitive news on the other injured players either. Rhys Marshall will have been out for six months by the time Munster resume.

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2020/03/02/squad-update-182/

Marshall started 3 games in October and November and picked up the latest injury against Edinburgh at the end of November.

• Advertisement

Bennetton away being rescheduled for a European weekend means we lose a rest week.

Bennetton away being rescheduled for a European weekend means we lose a rest week.

Zebre and Benetton could lose them all, id guess that the european QF weekend might come too soon for rearranged fixtures too as it's right at the end of the Italian Govt declared ban and if that gets pushed back

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Zebre and Benetton could lose them all, id guess that the european QF weekend might come too soon for rearranged fixtures too as it's right at the end of the Italian Govt declared ban and if that gets pushed back

Most likely the SF weekend I'd say if it's going to happen. I imagine Munster would prefer a rest week closer to the playoffs.

Most likely the SF weekend I'd say if it's going to happen. I imagine Munster would prefer a rest week closer to the playoffs.

Depends on what else gets PP as if the QF weekend is a no go then some games won't be rescheduled as there is too many games involving the same teams and not enough dates.

The champions cup final weekend is a rest week too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

Italy ordering all sporting events to be behind closed doors.

Id say Munster's preference would be for the game to go ahead on the weekend intended behind closed doors rather than any rearrangement

Id say Munster's preference would be for the game to go ahead on the weekend intended behind closed doors rather than any rearrangement

Would you get on a plane to Italy right now?

Venjur wrote: »
    Would you get on a plane to Italy right now?

If its behind closed doors it could be played anywhere.

If its behind closed doors it could be played anywhere.

That's fair enough, but maybe to phrase it another way - would you be prepared to play a contact sport with 23 people from northern Italy this weekend?

Italy ordering all sporting events to be behind closed doors.

Read the Pro14s statement. It's been called off because the Irish government have advised citizens not to travel to the affected regions in Northern Italy.

Read the Pro14s statement. It's been called off because the Irish government have advised citizens not to travel to the affected regions in Northern Italy.

I wasn't actually aware of the latest Pro14 statement. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭moritz1234

Caranica wrote: »
    Munster game was in Legnano. The Italy v Scotland women's game was due to be played there last Sunday but that was postponed.

Even more worrying - isn't Legnano near Milan ?

How many Munster fans traveled - few hundred ?

moritz1234 wrote: »
    Even more worrying - isn't Legnano near Milan ?

How many Munster fans traveled - few hundred ?

Why is it even more worrying? Parma (where Zebre normally play) is also in the affected zone.

New contracts for Killer (3 years) and O'Byrne (2 years).

I'd say that anyone else without a contract at this stage will be released.

Kevin O'Byrne 2022
    Rhys Marshall 2021
    Niall Scannell 2021

Diarmuid Barron Year 2
    Eoghan Clarke Year 2

James Cronin 2021
    Dave Kilcoyne 2023
    Liam O'Connor 2022
    Jeremy Loughman 2022

James French Year 2
    Josh Wycherley Year 2

Stephen Archer 2022
    John Ryan 2022
    Brian Scott 2020
    Ciaran Parker 2020

Keynan Knox Year 3 & 2022

Tadhg Beirne 2022
    Billy Holland 2021
    Jean Kleyn 2022
    Sean O'Connor 2020
    Darren O'Shea 2020
    RG Snyman 2022
    Fineen Wycherley 2021

Thomas Ahern Year 2
    Paddy Kelly Year 1
    Eoin O'Connor Year 1

Arno Botha 2020
    Gavin Coombes 2021
    Chris Cloete 2022
    Tommy O'Donnell 2021
    Jack O'Donoghue 2021
    Peter O'Mahony 2021
    Jack O'Sullivan 2023
    Conor Oliver 2020
    CJ Stander 2021

Jack Daly Year 2
    John Hodnett Year 1

Craig Casey 2021
    Neil Cronin 2021
    Nick McCarthy 2021
    Conor Murray 2022

Jack Stafford Year 3

Tyler Bleyendaal 2021
    Joey Carbery 2022
    JJ Hanrahan 2021

Jake Flannery Year 1
    Ben Healy Year 2

Sam Arnold 2020
    Damian de Allende 2022
    Chris Farrell 2022
    Dan Goggin 2022
    Alex McHenry 2021
    Rory Scannell 2021

Sean French Year 2

Andrew Conway 2023
    Liam Coombes 2021
    Shane Daly 2021
    Keith Earls 2021
    Matt Gallagher 2022
    Mike Haley 2021
    Calvin Nash 2021
    Darren Sweetnam 2021
    Alex Wootton 2021

Alan Tynan Year 3
    Jonathan Wren Year 2

Confirmed 2020/21 NIEs:
    RG Snyman (capped), Damian de Allende (capped)

IN: RG Snyman (LK, Honda Heat), Damian de Allende (CT, Panasonic Wild Knights), Matt Gallagher (FB, Saracens)
    OUT:

Out of Contract:
    Ciaran Parker
    Brian Scott
    Sean O'Connor
    Darren O'Shea
    Arno Botha
    Conor Oliver
    Jack Stafford
    Sam Arnold
    Alan Tynan

• Advertisement

New contracts for Killer (3 years) and O'Byrne (2 years).

I'd say that anyone else without a contract at this stage will be released.

It's unlikely at this stage alright. Botha is the only player consistently in the 23 but he was only ever a stopgap.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

It's unlikely at this stage alright. Botha is the only player consistently in the 23 but he was only ever a stopgap.

Botha may get another year if Munster and the IRFU feel there is a need to have support for the younger lads coming through when CJ and POM are unavailable. Same sort of role Fardy fills.

I think one of Parker and Scott might have an outside chance to get a year extension. This year we had four tight heads Ryan Archer Parker and Scott with Knox in the academy close to stepping up. If you lose two tight heads that only leaves three in the squad and I don't think we have any ready to step up to Pro14 level next season like Knox this season it's very tight. Even one medium to long term and we have to go get a joker just to rest players never mind international call ups.

Only other option is to move Loughman over the TH exclusively next season.

Botha may get another year if Munster and the IRFU feel there is a need to have support for the younger lads coming through when CJ and POM are unavailable. Same sort of role Fardy fills.

I think the ship has sailed on Botha after the Snyman signing. While he's not the same position, Snyman fits the same ball carrying role. In a non-post Lions/RWC season I'm not sure Botha would be needed.
    I think one of Parker and Scott might have an outside chance to get a year extension. This year we had four tight heads Ryan Archer Parker and Scott with Knox in the academy close to stepping up. If you lose two tight heads that only leaves three in the squad and I don't think we have any ready to step up to Pro14 level next season like Knox this season it's very tight. Even one medium to long term and we have to go get a joker just to rest players never mind international call ups.

Only other option is to move Loughman over the TH exclusively next season.

You could be right. Apparently James French is being moved to TH so if that works out he could move on to a development contract for 2021/22 with Ryan, Archer and Knox already in situ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Speaking of tight heads...

The size of his legs...:eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJNhQpcbBmE

• Registered Users Posts: 23,665 ✭✭✭✭phog

FIXTURE UPDATE | Munster's Guinness PRO14 Interpro derby against Connacht at
    @ThomondStadium has been confirmed for Saturday, May 30, at 5.15pm!

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Munsters next game is April 11th (if the season continues) could give the team time to all get on the same page with the new gameplan.

The team was playing more attacking rugby before the world cup players returned.

Could possibly use this month to bring that back in fully.

Munsters next game is April 11th (if the season continues) could give the team time to all get on the same page with the new gameplan.

The team was playing more attacking rugby before the works cup players returned.

Could possibly use this month to bring that back in fully.

I was actually thinking the same. It could be used as a mini preseason.

As long as the rest of the season doesn't get postponed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭Caranica

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Advertisement