Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 3 REmake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Rob2D wrote: »
    Having Mr.X in scenario A was a big problem though as regards exploration and simply taking in the new environments. I hope this doesn't suffer the same.
    Nemesis was grand in moderation but I'd hate to accidentally trigger him and then have to run around ducking rockets for the next half an hour when all I want to do is look at all the new artwork and designs......

Mr.X didn't really come after you in too many new environments though. By that point you'd already explored most of the circulation spaces and rooms in the station, or he'd trigger when on your way leaving a new area rather than entering it.

Nemesis does seem like a different beast altogether though. Almost seems like he can mostly just drop in on you at any time (bar a few select areas I'm guessing, like where there's a puzzle or something story-related). Like ACD says though, there'll no doubt be workarounds for him quite quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Looks like a bit of the game is getting streamed later this evening around 7pm https://www.pcgamer.com/resident-evil-3-remake-is-getting-an-exclusive-gameplay-stream-today/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Vicxas wrote: »
    "I had Nemesis chasing me around for 20 minutes"

Well, this is a no from me, they dont make adult nappies that big.

lYJH8Yu.jpg

Still time to make one....

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fugyvuhgvhbjb

Does smyths give the pre order bonus that you get from psn? I'd rather buy the physical version.

Pre-order now to receive :
    Classic Jill costume DLC
    Original Carlos haircut DLC

• Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Worrying news.
    Nemesis can break into Safe rooms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Worrying news. Nemesis can

Something you should wrap in a spoiler tag tbh :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Any news on the demo?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

Lads spoilers

Come on like

• Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Sorry folks. On the mobile and it didn't format right, fixed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Did most of you play Resident Evil 3 when it originally came out?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 36,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Jordan 199 wrote: »

Borrowed it from a mate. Remember holding it in a changing room in our school and had no idea what I was about to experience.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Worrying news.
    Nemesis can break into Safe rooms

I avoided this spoiler here, but every bloody gaming site is using it as a headline anyway.

However.... it's apparently not entirely true, according to Capcom.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

I avoided this spoiler here, but every bloody gaming site is using it as a headline anyway.

However.... it's apparently not entirely true, according to Capcom.

I hope it's not because that's a load of bull**** IMO
    Res Evil had safe rooms for a reason. Bad enough you have Mr. X chasing you around everywhere in RE 2 Remake. Now Nemesis chases you into the one room you are supposed to get a break!

And those websites are bolox, they should not be posting that. It's a spoiler.
    And unrelated to the original game.
    If they want to spoil the original then go ahead. This is a re-imagining of the original same as RE2 Remake, so they should not be posting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Here's the clarification as explained on DSOG. Sounds fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

I think it will be very frustrating if rumours are true.
    Claire B is a f**king nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

These have to be the most tempting spoiler tags of all time ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Yeah, absolutely loved it back in the day. Can't wait for this although it's dissapointing that their will be no Mercenaries mode. I know it's because of the resistance mode but I would of preferred Mercenaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Greyfox wrote: »
    Yeah, absolutely loved it back in the day. Can't wait for this although it's dissapointing that their will be no Mercenaries mode. I know it's because of the resistance mode but I would of preferred Mercenaries.

I watched RKG playing Resistance. Looked surprisingly good. A kind of combination if mercenaries and raid mode.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 21,933 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Are the quick decisions still in it or not? Think there were about 10 to be made in the original

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Confirmed there isn't,no multiple endings either.Has me worried tbh that the main games gonna be very short on account of resistance being included.

I hope this isn't the case, resident evil 7 really suffered for it's shortness imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

In fairness the original could be done in around 7 hours, it was a short game to begin with but that is the case for the majority games in the series as most can be completed in less than 10 hours.

I guess it's more the fact that if it's short and has no diversity in how the story plays out I'll just see it as a disappointment in regards to a lack of replayability.

Hopefully it has a madhouse mode like resi 7 to shake things up, it really madebit worth going back to ot for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

All Resident evil games are short, it just takes longer than necessary on your first play through as you're blindly exploring, a second play through will take you half the time or less.

Anyone know how gamestop does pre order stuff? Do they just give you the dlc code on the day of release?

https://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%204/Games/73938/resident-evil-3

Should get a code with the pre order, I'd imagine it will be on sale for a fiver when the games out aswell

daheadonu wrote: »
    Should get a code with the pre order, I'd imagine it will be on sale for a fiver when the games out aswell

Well I only ask because if it comes when you pre order couldnt one just pre order to get the code and then just cancel the pre order?

Well when i pre ordered death stranding it was printed on the receipt,although i did pay in full,so may you will only get the code when you pay in full

daheadonu wrote: »
    Well when i pre ordered death stranding it was printed on the receipt,although i did pay in full,so may you will only get the code when you pay in full

Fair enough. I'd rather buy it in Smyths but they don't seem to be offering the pre-order dlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Yeah they always just sent me a mail with the code on release.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Of course. It was a pretty big deal at the time.

Advertisement