Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tvheadend Bouquet Question

Options
  • 18-02-2020 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to generate a personal Tvheadend Bouquet of a list of selected channels, in personal order, that will update should frequency and/or name change or the channel cease broadcasting?

Tvheadend can use a basic .tv file which does most of the above, but does not autoupdate channel change of frequency or name etc..

Can this be done, manually or otherwise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

It appears there is either little interest in this or no one has any information about it, else maybe I did not explain myself properly.

Maybe someone who is conversant with AutoBouquetMaker or Autobouquets would have some information on how this is managed in an E2 device?

I believe, from reading posts on Boards, that ABM does manage to update its data when frequency changes occur.

Maybe someone could give a pointer how this is managed?

I have been searching for this kind of info but I must not be using correct search terms, as I failed to find anything helpful.

Can anyone help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭NewClareman

It appears there is either little interest in this or no one has any information about it, else maybe I did not explain myself properly.

Maybe someone who is conversant with AutoBouquetMaker or Autobouquets would have some information on how this is managed in an E2 device?

I believe, from reading posts on Boards, that ABM does manage to update its data when frequency changes occur.

Maybe someone could give a pointer how this is managed?

I have been searching for this kind of info but I must not be using correct search terms, as I failed to find anything helpful.

Can anyone help?

I am not familiar with this area, unfortunately. ABM comes with a configuration option using a custom file that is specific to that plugin. I just created a custom file, using the sample file provided as a guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Thanks NewClareman.
    I just cannot seem to find an explanation of the process used to ensure the channels data is updated when changes occur. :(

I am reasonably certain that sufficient information is available to automate the process, but am stuck for lack of knowledge.

Advertisement